The Children’s Home of Pittsburgh is seeking a Full-Time Community Engagement & Marketing Manager.
The Community Engagement & Marketing Manager stewards and strengthens relationships with referral sources for our three programs; the Pediatric Specialty Hospital, Child’s Way, and Adoption. They carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: strategizes and implements internal and external communications and marketing, referral marketing and outreach, media relations, website and social media, graphic design and photography.
This position is eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Additional Employer Contribution to Benefits
- 401(k) & Employer Match
- Free Financial Planning
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Annual Merit Increases
- FREE On-site parking
Under the direction of Director of External Affairs, the Community Engagement & Marketing Manager will participate in recruitment efforts for referral sources and potential patients, students and clients to ensure referrals to the Pediatric Specialty Hospital, Child’s Way and Adoption. By strengthening existing relationships and stewarding new ones, this position will rely on core relationship building skills to increase awareness of The Children’s Home’s programs and services to meet varying patient, and client needs. They regularly interact with community partners, vendors and referring agencies. The Community Engagement & Marketing Manager will leverage their knowledge of The Children’s Home patient and client experience to aide in the patient/family referral process by building relationships with potential patient populations. Outside of daily visits to referral sources, they manage media relations, website and social media communications, advertising, and all marketing for The Children’s Home & Lemieux Family Center, as well as designs all materials for internal and external marketing including photography.
- Works with Program Directors and support staff to strategize the proper referral marketing for each program
- Works with physician leadership to admit all appropriate patients to Child’s Way and Pediatric Specialty Hospital.
- Builds relationships with referral sources within the outside healthcare community to identify potential patients and families and serves as the healthcare professional’s point of contact throughout the admission process.
- Effectively tours interested parties around The Children’s Home addressing concerns and highlighting the programs and tools appropriate for that audience
- Represents The Children’s Home during outreach activities, and appeals to audiences in various settings such as: formal presentations at Grand Rounds outreach; staff meetings; tabling events with one-on-one interaction during in-services; dinners; etc.
- Coordinates all clinical referral activities including booking rooms, planning events and the distribution of literature and referral gifts.
- Obtains all accurate clinical and demographic data regarding admission and disseminates information appropriately.
- Research and identify opportunities and venues for promoting the The Children’s Home
Strategic Planning and Implementation:
- Determine strategy and key goals; and assist in the development of plans and direction for marketing initiatives
- Collect and analyze internal data to assist in setting strategies
- Conduct research to assist in analyzing and preparing reports/performance metrics for marketing initiatives
- Manage marketing budget expenditures and planning
- Work with Director to design communication pieces to ensure a consistent voice and brand recognition throughout all efforts
- Assist in identifying opportunities and partnerships that will enhance The Children’s Home brand
- Designs all ads and marketing materials for The Children’s Home internal and external marketing
- Writes and manages design of program collateral, press kits, ‘point of purchase’ displays for distribution to referral sources
- Writes and places media releases and features to promote organization events, accomplishments and needs;
- Writes and places media alerts leading up to events;
- Maintains media contact lists and placement requirements;
- Assists with planning and management of media events;
Website and Social Media:
- Plans and implements website and social media marketing and communications, ensuring that messages are consistent with The Children’s Home and Lemieux Family Center’s brand and values;
- Prepares posts for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.;
- Writes and manages the organization’s blogs;
- Works with communications staff to write and manage distribution of e-newsletters and e-blasts;
- Monitors and tracks all web and social media traffic;
- Manages the photography needs for the organization
- Assists with all fundraising efforts
- Develop and report marketing and metrics for the board of directors
- All other duties as assigned
Minimum Skills and Abilities Required:
- Comfortable working with all populations including physicians, families under stress with a medically fragile child, media, volunteers and co-workers;
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Marketing, Communications, Business or the equivalent;
- Knowledge of effective marketing and public relations strategies;
- Clinical marketing knowledge preferred;
- Knowledge of measuring outcomes and effectiveness of marketing strategies;
- Knowledge of media outlets and contacts (print, electronic, social) and experience using a wide variety of tools and tactics for communicating with media, including media alerts, events, releases, etc.;
- Excellent graphic design skills;
- Excellent photography skills;
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and oral communication skills; experience making public presentations;
- Experience interacting with and pitching stories to media via phone, in-person, email;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, WordPress, and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Professional, personable, outgoing demeanor;
- A self-starter; ability to plan and manage work independently to successfully achieve goals and meet deadlines;
- Collaborative and collegial; pro-active problem solver
- Normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise and the like. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to push, pull, and occasionally lift or carry a minimum of 20 pounds as required to access file boxes, supplies, etc.
- Subject to sometimes hostile, emotionally upset patients, family members, personnel, and visitors.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and hear the English language.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle in order to travel locally for business related to The Children’s Home (40% – 60%).
To apply for this job please visit csstchp.sentrichr.com.