The Borough of Swissvale, a diverse urban community bordering the City of Pittsburgh, with a resident population of 8,900 over 1.2 square miles, is seeking an Executive Assistant to assist the Borough Manager and management staff in the day-to-day operations of a busy government office.
The Executive Assistant shall be responsible for assisting the Borough Manager, Assistant Manager and Department heads to help achieve success in all departments. The Executive Assistant shall have responsibility for all aspects of the front office including general clerical duties, interacting with the public, both in person and via phone and electronic means, accepting payments for services and fines, managing insurance claims, assisting with human resources functions including employee on-boarding, benefits administration and payroll, communication with the public through the Borough web-site and social media pages, maintenance and development of communications tools including the Borough web-site and social media outlets and serving as the Borough Right-to-Know Officer.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate strong experience in office administration in the public or private sector, must have a strong background working with Microsoft Office Suite and some experience updating and maintaining web-sites and various forms of Social Media. The selected candidate must also have the ability to work with other staff members, elected officials and other outside agencies and individuals as necessary.
The ideal candidate must also be able to work independently and as part of the management team of the Borough of Swissvale. Must exercise good critical thinking skills, time-management skills, strong computer skills, as well as the ability to deal effectively with employees and the public.
A high school diploma or GED is required. Preference will be given to candidates with additional education and experience. A minimum of two years (2) years of progressively responsible work experience in a related field is preferred. Applicable work in a governmental setting is a plus.
Salary will be $42,000.00 and up commensurate with experience and education. A full benefits package is also offered.
Please send a cover letter, resume and at least three (3) professional references by October 25, 2021, to the Interim Borough Manager, Borough of Swissvale, 7560 Roslyn Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15218 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Borough of Swissvale is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Agency Summary. WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving over 7,500 adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to over 500 people who are abusive. We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity, Survivor-Centered Advocacy, and Stewardship.
Position Summary. This is a new position at WC&S. The Chief of Mission Integration leads the organization’s business strategies, strategic planning, and special initiatives. Champions organization’s Mission, Vision, and Values, ensuring all staff are fully trained and fluent in core components including Safety, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion, Sanctuary, and Women’s Center Business Systems. Oversees Human Resources and Database and Contracts efforts.
Reports to: President/CEO
Overall Organizational Leadership Responsibilities
- Provides key leadership to advance the Mission, Vision, and Values of WC&S and ensure all aspects of each are integrated into the daily work and practices of all staff, especially in relation to Safety (of clients, staff, facility, and technology), Diversity/Equity/Inclusion (DEI), Sanctuary, and Women’s Center Business Systems (WCBS). Ensures philosophical and programmatic integrity of WC&S consistent with these Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Specific to Safety, DEI, Sanctuary, and WCBS: Provide strategic leadership for training and professional development of all staff and direct service volunteers to ensure that these core components of our work are fully integrated throughout all levels of the organization and in all aspects of our work, with a goal of all staff being fluent in the language, important, specifics, principles, and tenets of each.
- Leads the Safety Committee and oversees WC&S Improvement Board.
- Works with CEO, Chief of Prevention, Intervention, & Outreach and Board’s Strategic Planning Committee to identify and direct long-range and short-range business strategies, tactical plans, and strategic planning for the organization.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Board of Directors’ Strategic Planning Committee.
- Pursues and formalizes new partnerships, strategic development opportunities, and creative programming ventures when appropriate.
- Kickstarts special initiatives and provides project management structure and follow-up as needed.
- Resiliently encounters constraints and adversity and capitalizes on opportunities.
- Maintains a positive and transparent relationship with the CEO, staff, and Board.
- Questions and analyzes possibilities, potential impacts, and unintended consequences.
- Serves as key participant in program leadership team, recommending and implementing innovative ideas and solutions around procedures and program development.
- Serves as staff liaison to Board and to committees, if needed/as assigned.
- Assists in identifying/analyzing unique issues, systems, or problems having an organizational impact.
- Serves as a representative of WC&S to the community at events and meetings and strengthens WC&S’ reputation and relationships.
- Provides professional-level assistance to CEO including assistance with Board relations and development initiatives.
- In conjunction with the CEO, members of the programmatic team, and Grants Manager, researches and assists in writing grant proposals related to new opportunities, specifically on a federal level.
- Provides leadership, supervision, and program development for Human Resources and Database and Contracts departments to ensure quality and effectiveness. Builds and manages all supervised employees, including participation in the hiring & firing of staff, based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs. Ensures tasks are appropriately delegated and completed by monitoring performance against predetermined standards and requirements and holding staff accountable for meeting expectations. Trains and develops staff, provides constructive performance feedback and appraisals, and takes appropriate corrective action to address performance and conduct issues.
- Works in conjunction with the Finance Department and Director of Human Resources on administering compensation and benefits.
- Guides or performs administrative functions for departments and submits, in a timely manner, all personnel, financial, computer systems and facilities forms.
- Provides back-up to positions supervised as needed.
- Completes Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) training and Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) within first 6 months and completes annual continuing education requirements as appropriate.
- Advocates for victims of IPV, using the Justice, Autonomy, Restoration and Safety model (JARS) and the Sanctuary Model.
- Completes and maintains First Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of 5 years management experience. Candidates with a combination of education, experience, and skills that uniquely qualifies the individual to perform the duties of the position will be considered.
- Domestic violence- and/or sexual assault-related direct service experience preferred.
- A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamics, cultural diversity issues and child abuse and neglect.
- Ability to understand, implement, and oversee confidentiality and safety procedures.
- Strong command of general technology including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite is required; familiarity and understanding of information technology, including Salesforce, Tableau, and Teams strongly preferred.
- Demonstration of knowledge and experience in cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion required.
- Strong executive skills required: personnel, program management, fund development & management, data & outcomes, and strategic planning.
- Demonstration of a positive and resourceful leadership style.
- Excellent presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a team environment.
- Demonstration of creativity in response to multiple demands, unanticipated events, changing information and circumstances and in proactively meeting deadlines, as needed.
- Act 33/34 and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances will be required.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- This position is full time (40 hours), exempt, benefit eligible.
- Typical schedule is Monday through Friday, with evenings and weekends required as needed.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to Nicole Molinaro by end of business Friday October 22, 2021.
Women’s Center & Shelter is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to all.
Support Pittsburgh Urban Christian School (PUCS) in working directly with students, their families and PUCS staff. The ability to show compassion, and be patient when working with families and children is important. Also the ability to be organized and manage administrative duties is imperative.
A successful candidate will have strong communication skills, both verbal and written. The Assistant Education Director should be able to work effectively with elementary and middle school students; be able to intervene when students are struggling and help them find healthy ways to succeed in school. They must be able to collaborate with teachers to identify students who are struggling emotionally, socially or academically and identify the root cause of their issues.
The following list represents the Assistant Education Director’s job duties:
- Meet with students referred for specific issues to work out reconciliation and decide consequences – Contact parents, debrief with referring teacher and follow-up with students.
- Place hiring advertisements; organize hiring committee
- Manage state orders
- Oversee School Calendar
- Set up interviews.
- Onboard new teachers.
- Manage substitute teachers and tutors.
- Recess oversight.
- Find and recruit Chapel speakers, suggest Chapel topics
- Manage leave request.
- Manage Terra Nova and Keystone Algebra Testing – hire proctor, order test, interface with AIU and manage test security.
The mission of Pittsburgh Urban Christian School is to equip students academically, emotionally, and spiritually, in order to thrive. We are committed to education from a broad Christian perspective with a curriculum characterized by integrated thematic units, close student-teacher interaction, and substantive parental involvement. We are committed to facilitating each student’s personal, social, academic and physical growth. We seek to foster a unified community of parents, educators, and churches who will support and participate in this vision for urban Christian education.
Required Legal Documents:
- Federal Criminal History Record
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check (Act 34)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 33/151)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send the following to email@example.com:
- Letter of interest
- Three references
- Personal Statement of Christian Faith / Experience
Part time (20 hours per week)
At Pittsburgh Urban Christian School (PUCS) our mission is to equip students to engage the world with their unique, God-given gifts. PUCS provides an excellent education in an urban setting for a racially and economically diverse group of students. We are committed to educating from a Christian perspective with a curriculum characterized by integral thematic units, close student teacher interaction and substantive parental involvement. By offering a high quality, affordable education, PUCS seeks to play a leading role in enhancing the quality of life for the people of Wilkinsburg and surrounding communities. Our staff of certified teachers is dedicated to facilitating each student’s spiritual, personal, social, academic and physical growth.
PUCS serves 130 students ranging from Pre-Kindergarten to eighth grade. PUCS employs 19 talented faculty and staff who are devoted to creating a rich learning environment for students. Our talented teachers help foster an environment that empowers PUCS students to realize their full potential and set them up for a successful post-PUCS educational experience.
Please review the PUCS website for further detail on the PUCS approach to learning and the impact PUCS has had on the community.
Job Description: This role supports PUCS in all areas related to student recruitment, enrollment, and retention. In this role you will help design and execute annual admission and enrollment goals and strategies in accordance with the School’s commitment to promote economic, geographic, racial, and ethnic diversity in the student body, based on enrollment goals set by the Board of Trustees and feedback from the senior staff on the composition of the student body.
This position reports to the Development Director.
- Acts as the main point of contact for all school admission inquiries.
- Formulate annual Admission and Enrollment Action Plan with goals and objectives.
- Oversee the admission information management software, the online application and submission of materials utilizing
- Manage new student enrollment and the re-enrollment process of current students.
- Develop and manage Admissions/Marketing calendar – Schedule appointments, tours, open houses, assessments, etc. with prospective families and other contacts.
- Assist with admissions-related events (some virtually, until we can safely host events in person again), including tracking RSVPs, following up with event reminders and confirmations.
- Assist with planning and execution of school-wide events such as the Serve-A-Thon, Major Donor events and fundraisers.
- Assist with post-event follow up as needed – generate thank you letters, send follow up emails, provide attendance statistics, share event photos, etc. Generate statistical admissions reports
- Assist with creating and maintaining brochures, literature, and promotional materials.
- Assist with preparation of multimedia outreach projects such as video content and interactive social media content.
- Support the Executive Director and Financial Secretary as they strategically allocate Financial Aid funds in order to maximize enrollment.
- Assist in training parents, staff and board to promote the school
- Assist with other recruitment duties as needed
- Participate in evening and weekend meetings and events as needed
- A proven track record of building and sustaining racial and economic diversity in a student body and a deep understanding of the educational value of a diverse community
- Excellent and engaging communication skills
- Strong command of customer service skills and willing to go the extra mile
- Able to self-direct
- High degree of organization
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong follow through with projects and tasks
- Adept with technology, motivation to learn industry-specific programs and other software quickly and independently
- Microsoft Office Suite (advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel a plus), GSuite integrations (Classroom, Calendar, Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms), database management
- Proficiency with FACTS preferred
- Must have access to a personal vehicle to travel to our school and community events
- Three or more years of related experience, and/or equivalent experience and training
- References required
Values and Job-Management Style:
- Approaches challenges with a problem solving, forward-thinking mindset
- Operates with integrity and in the interest of the school.
- Warm, friendly and welcoming demeanor; enjoys connecting with children and adolescents.
- Proactive, continually looking for ways to improve systems
- Demonstrates trustworthiness in dealing with confidential matters.
- Enjoys working in an educational setting and interacting with students and their parents, and collaborating with a variety of colleagues
- Long-term employment commitment.
- Flexibility, able to work occasional evenings and weekends as necessary
- Team mentality
Required Legal Documents:
- Federal Criminal History Record
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check (Act 34)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 33/151)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest
- Three references
- Personal Statement of Christian Faith / Experience
Position Reports To: Director of Education Programs (Director): Shady Lane School
About Shady Lane:
At Shady Lane, making a difference in a child’s life is at the core of everything we do. For the past 55 years, Shady Lane has been focused on providing high quality education to children from all backgrounds. Diversity, equity and inclusion continue to be key components of our mission and we are proud of our work providing a high-quality early learning experience to a mixed-income population of families. Currently, 38% of our student population, 30% of our teaching staff, and 53% of our Board of Directors identifying as multi-ethnic. Since 2017, Shady Lane has partnered with Duquesne University to develop and implement a school-wide Social Emotional curriculum and tiered approach to behavioral health for all students, and today serves as a regional leader in the implementation of Social Emotional Learning in Early Childhood. Our school has earned the prestigious Four Stars designation by PA Keystone Stars and is NAEYC- accredited.
This full-time position assists the Director of Education Programs to develop, implement, and manage high-quality programming and educational experiences for the over 135 children annually who attend Shady Lane School, their families, and 37 staff members. This position will work in all areas including, providing support to school management, maintaining records in accordance with accrediting bodies, assisting in managing school enrollment and the process, managing the ProCare database, interacting with families to ensure paperwork is collected on-time, provides coverage in classrooms and provides the school’s scheduling function.
Key responsibilities and job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Promote an atmosphere of partnership between family members, children and staff
- Greet all family members by name
- Provide current and prospective parents with information as needed
- Works with the Director to lead, evaluate and coach teaching staff both in and outside the classroom
- Manage routine administrative functions
- Manage child records in the ProCare database
- Ensure filing for all child files is accurate and timely
- Working with Director, manage enrollment function
- Working with Director, ensure all regulatory body requirements are met
- Manage file reviews and site inspection preparations in advance of annual DHS licensing inspection
- Oversee and ensure continuous compliance with DHS regulations
- Observe and cover in classrooms when needed
- Manage the processes involved in annual school schedule
- Manage the daily school schedule for teaching staff
- Create and manage weekly schedule
- Schedule coverage for SELP and other meetings
- Determine staffing needs and communicate needs to director
- Work with accounting coordinator to manage timecards for payroll
- Communicate with Director regarding staff scheduled for PTO each week
- Manage enrollment process from initial application, tours, and final paperwork
- Manage Pre- K Counts reporting on attendance and programing
- Manage the Parent Teacher Organization recruitment and activity
- Meet with the Director weekly for one-on-one meetings
- Assists the Director by providing day-to-day leadership and management of the program and assumes responsibility as the Acting Director when the Director is not present
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Prior experience with early childhood curriculum planning, staff training, and supervision and parent support.
- Experience as an early childhood coordinator or administrator.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong computer skills.
The Assistant School Director shall have one of the following combinations of education & experience, and be able to satisfy the requirements for NAEYC for a Program Administrator and Keystone STARS for a Director:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field, plus 1 year of experience with children; or
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field, plus 2 years of experience with children
- All required CPSL Clearances.
- Current First Aid and CPR training.
- Health Assessment and TB screening.
The Administrative and Finance Coordinator is a new position at Hello Neighbor to support the growth of the organization. It is ideal for someone with 2 or more years of experience in office administration with bookkeeping experience. The Administrative and Finance Coordinator works closely with and reports to the CEO, and supports the entire Hello Neighbor team on various projects.
This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office. The position can be hourly (PT) or salary and benefits (FT) depending on the candidate.
- Utilize Quickbooks for managing organizational financials including accounts payable/accounts receivable, payroll, and bank reconciliation
- Prepare deposits, checks, and invoices as well as monthly financial reports
- Create finance procedures manual and maintain historical record through well-organized filling
- Support monthly budgeting, invoice, and financial reporting
- Data entry and database management
- Processing of donations, updating donor information, and managing acknowledgment letters and mailings
- Additional tasks include office purchases and supporting in-office needs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of administrative or bookkeeping experience or transferable skills
- Understanding of nonprofit finances and reporting. Some work experience in a philanthropic, nonprofit, or mission-driven organization is a plus
- High level of organization and attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time
- Knowledge and proficiency in online tools including Quickbooks, Google Suite tools (including sheets, presentations, documents, and more), and project management experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and interact well with the team
- Able to work both independently and as a team member
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Core values include cultural humility and empathy
- Strong writing and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- A passion for supporting refugees and immigrants
- Lived migration experience valued and welcomed
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis through November 12th, 2021
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview in November and December
- Estimated start date: December/January
- Hours: 20 hours/week ($20/hour) or salary range: $40,000-43,000
Established in 1865, the Allegheny County Medical Society is the leading professional association of physicians in Pennsylvania. Our mission is improving healthcare through education, advocacy, service, and physician well-being. Our vision is a healthy region with compassionate medical care.
The Assistant to the CEO reports directly to the CEO and works with him/her to meet the Society’s goals and objectives. Position requires daily interaction with physician membership, the Pennsylvania Medical Society, related associations and specialty societies, various outside vendor/sources and the general public.
The Assistant works with the officers of the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors and provides general administrative services as required. The Assistant is staff liaison for the following committees: Peer Review Board, Awards Committee, Legislative Committee, Nominating Committee, PAMED Delegation and the ACMS Foundation. Other liaison activities include staff support for the Association Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Governance and ACMS Management
Maintain ACMS database (updates to contact information, dues and other information relating to each member).
Develop the timeline and execution of governance meetings of the Allegheny County Medical Society and Allegheny County Medical Society Foundation including:
- ACMS Board of Directors
- ACMS Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Nominating Committee and Election
- ACMS Delegation to the Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Legislative Committee
- Special Committees as designated
- ACMS Awards Committee
- ACMS Governing and Operational Manuals
- ACMS Foundation Board of Directors and Annual Gala
- Exercise significant responsibility and discretion in the identification, negotiation and oversight of vendor services for office administration.
- Support the CEO in the execution of governance activities as well as routine administrative and operational activities including phone receptionist, office supplies, stationery, business cards, and other promotional materials.
- Updates manuals including Who’s Who Leadership Manual, Board of Directors, Policies and Procedures, Operations, Bylaws, Personnel, ACMS Position Statements and all other organizational administrative documentation.
- Maintain ACMS’ organizational policies, procedures documentation, as well as managing password databases and associated accounts.
- Understands that the time commitment is not limited to business hours of operation; evenings and weekend work is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be extremely organized, high-energy, and detail-oriented professional accustomed to working with senior leadership/management and balancing multiple responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in administrative assisting, business, finance, or another related field.
- Five to seven years’ experience as an executive assistant or in an administrative role
- Knowledge and/or experience in healthcare or nonprofit management is a plus
- Excellent MS Office knowledge, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proficient in customer relationship management software
- Proficient and resourceful in conducting research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in maintaining data, creating reports
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, if requested
- Communication and marketing skills.
- Project management experience.
- Good leadership skills.
- Highly Organized.
- Good time management.
- Proficiency in various event software.
- Proven experience as event manager.
- Skilled in project management.
- Knowledge of performance indicators and marketing techniques for event management.
- Computer savvy; proficient in Windows Office Suite and Association Management Software such as Wild Apricot, Zoom, Virtual Conference Platforms, Google Calendar, Drop Box and Stripe.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A knack for problem-solving.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Ability to write clear and effective communication
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- Makes independent decisions and takes action during peak/crisis periods.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, transport objects up to 25 pounds, climb stairs, and talk or hear.
Regular full-time position (Exempt). Typically, this is 40-45 hours per workweek and hours fluctuate seasonally.
Equal Employer Opportunity
The Allegheny County Medical Society provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allegheny County Medical Society complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email submissions only. Please send a cover letter and resume. All candidate submissions should be combined in a single PDF with the applicant’s name in the file name. Please do not include information in email but include important information for consideration in cover letter content. Do not make multiple submissions. No phone calls, please.
Winchester Thurston School, an innovative Pre-K through grade 12 independent day school in Pittsburgh, seeks a long-term substitute for the Upper School Librarian position. The length of this assignment is anticipated to be from January through March 2022. This position requires an energetic individual who will embrace working with Upper School students and will help to ensure that the library’s academic and technology resources complement, enhance, and extend the school’s educational program. A successful candidate will be a creative and collaborative professional who will work well with the library staff, students and colleagues. The individual in this position will perform under the general direction of the Head of School and the daily supervision of the Director of Upper School.
- Collaborate with Division Directors and faculty members on specific needs and opportunities to utilize library resources
- Support the Lower and Middle School librarians with duties and activities, such as cataloging, processing books and/or other activities, as needed
- Supervise students in library spaces
- Provide instruction for students in the use of library resources
- Serve as a ready resource to students to provide research assistance
- Manage the circulation and distribution of library resources to students, faculty, and staff
- Manage the physical library space, keeping it clean, organized, and ready for all patrons
- Develop and arrange relevant library displays
- Work with the Upper School Counselor to promote wellness programming in the library
- Develop and arrange media center displays and library programming
- Supervise student clubs and activities including, but not limited to, Battle of the Books, Creative Writing Club, and Book Lovers Club
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and/or equivalent experience is required; a Master’s degree in Library Science, Information Studies, or a similar field is preferred
- Experience working with students in grades 9 – 12 in a school setting is preferred
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience using Follett Destiny Library Manager
- Experience using databases, such as Gale, Ebsco, and Power Library
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Successful completion of all PA required clearances, background checks, and Mandated Reporter Training
- Proof of COVID vaccination
Applicants may apply at https://www.applitrack.com/winchesterthurston/onlineapp and will need to submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for 3 professional references.
Winchester Thurston School is an equal opportunity employer. WT is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic community and strongly encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQ candidates, and women.
The Division of Philanthropic & Alumni Engagement, Health Sciences (PAE, HS) seeks an incumbent who will perform multidimensional, advanced administrative functions with a high degree of independence and minimal supervision to provide administrative coordination and project support to Clinical and Academic Development Directors and Major Gifts Officers.
The Administrative Assistant, Clinical Development responsibilities include preparation of general correspondence, proposals and reports, marketing and communication, travel and meeting arrangements, spreadsheet creation and maintenance, database management and maintaining calendars.
Associate’s degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Advanced computer skills essential. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office environment. Three to five years in administrative office. Knowledge of University/UPMC/Development highly desired.
Associate’s degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Advanced computer skills essential. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office environment.
The Allegheny League of Municipalities, a local non-profit organization primarily working to support municipal governments seeks a Data Project Specialist who will be responsible for leading the analytics and warehousing of all constituent data for the association.
- Organize, interpret and disseminate data to provide various reports, lists and statistical figures.
- Work closely with other staff to ensure accuracy of information and segment targeting in organizational communications that include marketing across electronic media, mailings, reports and other projects.
- Scrub data periodically and complete various regular updates; ensure all data is properly mapped and grouped; make batch updates to data as well as individual updates as received.
- Work in partnership with other staff to create and edit online forms using logic, if/then statements and other types of reasoning with the goal of creating the best user experience that is also efficient and practical for the organization.
- Work with other staff to create processes and provide data analysis for various operational activities including event registration, contact updates, data capturing, and special projects.
- Develop surveys (both quantitative and qualitative) and compile results into analytical data.
- Develop and effectively manage timelines to ensure timely completion of project deliverables.
Required Job Skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel at a moderate to high level and ability to use functions and formulas across multiple sheets and multiple workbooks.
- Ability and willingness to learn the organization’s CRM database and become the in-house expert in the system.
- Ability and willingness to interface with constituents when necessary (including over the phone, electronically and in person) to obtain data and information to ensure accuracy as well as to provide a high level customer service.
- Ability to think independently and analytically, applying logic to various tasks and projects with the goal of enhancing the constituent experience and creating organizational efficiencies.
- Understanding of various forms of media and their delivery methods as well as the importance of the overall constituent experience; understanding or willingness to learn the basic best practices of document formatting and layout.
- Ability to work in teams and independently, in both leading roles and supporting roles; ability to work with minimal supervision
Beyond the core data related skills required of the position, prospective applicants with familiarity in the areas of WordPress web design or other content management systems, the Adobe software suite, and with audio-visual equipment would be well positioned for this role.
This position has a strong likelihood of being part of a shared staffing initiative between the Allegheny League of Municipalities and another local non-profit organization. Depending on the specifics of this arrangement, the position will be based out a physical office. However, there is a high potential for flexibility including work from home opportunities.
Please send cover letter, resume and expected salary range to: email@example.com
Submission Deadline: November 5, 2021