The Community Fundraising team at Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank is an integral facet of the organization’s everyday operations. This team provides oversight to more than 400 community events and drives annually. We have seasonal, full-time and seasonal, part-time positions that will work in the field and assist the Community Fundraising Team by providing on-site support during ‘Peoples Natural Gas Holiday Market’ located in Market Square downtown from November 27, 2020 through December 23, 2020.
- Ensure that food and monetary donations are being received and processed in accordance with Food Bank best practices.
- Create a welcoming environment for all volunteers arriving on site and ensure a positive volunteer experience by providing excellent oversight and engagement.
- Train volunteers and oversee volunteer activity.
- Ensure that appropriate rosters, volunteer data, and donation information is being collected and returned to the Community Fundraising Team.
- Provide information on how to receive food assistance, as well as education regarding ways the community can engage with the Food Bank.
- Work cooperatively with Holiday Market partners.
- Open/close the shift, which includes arriving 1/2 hour early to touch base with the onsite manager of the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership.
- Customer service, retail experience, or promotional/event experience preferred.
- Majority of this project will be located outdoors. Candidate must be willing to be outdoors in all weather conditions and on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Follow and enforce social distancing protocols
- Position requires excellent organizational and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Work schedule flexibility is critical
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work environment
Certificates: Act 33 & 34 Clearances
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
Riverlife envisions a Pittsburgh where thriving world-class riverfronts are essential to the region and belong to everyone. Our mission is to create, activate, and celebrate Pittsburgh’s riverfronts, connecting people through exceptional places and experiences.
Riverlife works with developers, land owners, neighborhood groups, and elected officials on issues of riverfront design, access, amenities and programming in Pittsburgh and throughout the region.
The Communications and Outreach Internship at Riverlife will provide practical hands-on training and experience while assisting Riverlife in achieving long-term objectives. The Communications and Outreach Intern is responsible for managing and creating content for Riverlife’s social media accounts under the direction of senior staff. The Intern will also assist in planning Riverlife’s annual fundraiser event, Party at the Pier, and other organizational events.
This is a part-time, seasonal internship requiring 15-20 hours/week between October 2020 – January 2021. Due to preventative measures around COVID-19, the majority of this position will be completed remotely or out in the field, though some tasks are required to take place at the Riverlife offices following the organization’s health and safety guidelines.
Key Responsibilities and Qualifications include:
- Further developing the organization’s social media voice by writing and publishing original content on Riverlife’s Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram accounts.
- Use social media to highlight Pittsburgh’s riverfront transformation and positive organizational accomplishments.
- Develop and implement a strategy for growing audience engagement.
- Manage a budget for paid promoted posts and related campaigns.
- Assist senior staff in advance planning for Riverlife’s annual fundraiser event Party at the Pier, including sponsorship development and tracking, virtual and in-person event contingency planning, theme and marketing development, committee member outreach, list management, and more.
- Assist in developing and implementing additional virtual and in-person community programs and riverfront activation programming, including riverfront pop-up events, health and wellness programs, public art initiatives and other activities to advance Riverlife’s mission.
- Assist with end-of-year fundraising campaign development, tracking gifts, coordinating mailings, acknowledgement letters and other related tasks.
- Attend required meetings; assist with note taking and preparing materials for reports.
- Maintain organizational records and files, including Customer Relationship Management database.
- Conduct research on social media, marketing, and development platforms and trends and report out to senior staff.
- Assist with online file server data migration by performing data cleanup and organization for Riverlife projects and programs.
- Assist with Riverlife office move, particularly with scanning, organizing, and packing files.
- Assist other staff members with day-to-day office administration as needed.
Other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience & Abilities:
- Background or demonstrated interest in urban planning, landscape architecture, urban design, environmental studies, community and economic development, and/or riverfront improvement projects
- Prior professional experience posting and promoting original and engaging content on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Prior experience planning special events
- Excellent writing skills for both professional and social media audiences
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and data entry; CRM experience a bonus
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or similar photo editing and design programs
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar website content management systems
- Photography, video editing and/or graphic design skills a plus
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required to help produce special events; Riverlife follows Allegheny County regulations and CDC guidelines for social distancing and in-person event limitations to prevent the spread of infectious disease.
- Light physical activity, including some lifting of items up to 25 lbs., may be requested
This is a part-time, seasonal internship and reports to the Vice President, Communications and Outreach. The stipend for the Internship is $4,000, paid in 4 equal installments.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, one sample of professional or academic writing, and two samples of writing or posts intended for a social media audience, to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Riverlife is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Pittsburgh, PA
Reports to: Director of Engagement
Start: Fall 2020
WORK is seeking an Engagement Manager for our Run Across Series. The Engagement Manager will be tasked with acquisition and stewardship of our runners and crew members to successful run program outcomes and to work with our Engagement Team to execute Run programming. The new team member will report to our Director of Engagement.
Our culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced. We maximize resources to provide the most effective services for the families we serve. We’re looking for an entrepreneurially minded, organized, and detail-oriented individual with a keen interest and excitement in actively engaging with our supporter base.
- General Engagement Responsibilities
- Be an advocate for the families we serve by getting to know them, connect our supporters to their stories with respect and authenticity, and partner with them to independence.
- Collaborate with our Engagement Manager in Haiti to deliver impact updates to our Run Across Series supporters.
- Effectively steward our runners, crew members, and sponsors through our Run Across Series experience to sustain our high retention rate, beginning with welcoming them to our work, providing clear next steps, joining on regular communications (phone calls, video calls, and emails), and maintaining and prioritizing a successful communication cadence.
- Manage our Run Across Series donor database and contribute to the Engagement Team’s efforts in growing our network of supporters and executing on conversion goals.
- Collaborate with our creative team to facilitate Instagram Takeovers and Facebook Live Feeds.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and learning opportunities.
- Runner, Crew Member, and Sponsor Engagement
- Develop our Run Across Series with our Director of Engagement to ensure we’re effectively engaging our team while reaching our fundraising and engagement goals.
- Manage the runner and crew member acquisition and stewardship process from start to finish from providing a warm and informative welcome to structuring an effective cadence of communications and feedback loop. This process should include our fundraising onboarding experience, tips and advice emails, monthly check in calls, regular delivery of impact, to campaign wrap up and transition.
- Support our runner and crew members’ fundraising and outreach efforts by providing them with the necessary resources, brainstorming new ideas and supporting them with execution, connecting our audience with their efforts as well as connecting their network with our impact.
- Attend fundraising events hosted by our runners and crew, and relevant events featuring our sponsors.
- Lead with data. We expect our strategies to be driven by good data, paired with a specific end goal that’s realistic and achievable. Collaborate with our analytics team to set SMART goals and to drive our stewardship efforts forward with good data.
- Run Logistics
- Run Across Haiti® – work with our Haiti team to coordinate trip logistics and execute Run programming.
- Run Across May – manage our virtual run logistics, including our activities tracking, fundraising platform, and programming.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Fundraising and Supporter Engagement – You have had success in connecting individuals and groups to a cause that you feel passionate about and you’re driven to convert and sustain meaningful relationships.
- Effective Communicator – You live to tell a good story, and thrive to be able to communicate complex concepts succinctly and effectively.
- Event Planning – You have managed an event from start to finish while juggling all details and deadlines.
- Adaptable – You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and can adapt to changes.
- Curious and Entrepreneurial – You do well in having the ability to find your way to creative solutions that reach the desired outcome.
- Fast and Willing to Learn – Reaching into uncharted territories and tackling new challenges with exceptional results is your jam. You love to learn new things to solve problems.
- Team Member – Working in a team setting that makes you feel like you’re playing for the Chicago Bulls circa 1990’s gives you goosebumps.
- Executes to Results – Hitting goals is important to you. You maintain a high standard and work hard to get results.
- Technical Experience – We operate on Google Drive and Suite, Asana, Slack, Fundraising CRM, and Mailchimp. You’re familiar with these platforms or you can get up to speed by watching online tutorials.
‘Can-do’ Attitude and Passion – Our mission, philosophy, and core values align with yours and you’re ready to give it a 100%.
Salary and Benefits:
We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, dental and vision, a retirement plan with an employer match, paid holidays and a flexible vacation policy, paid parental leave, and professional development opportunities.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Engagement Manager, Run Across Series, <Your Full Name>”. Include a one page writing sample on your philosophy on supporter engagement and stewardship, including donors, runners, crew members, sponsors, and our entire supporter community.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. WORK complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
The mission of WORK is to accompany families in Haiti out of poverty through good, dignified jobs. WORK is a nonprofit organization working in Haiti to end poverty one dignified job at a time. We work in one community in Port-au-Prince, called Menelas, where 1,500 families reside. Our goal is simple: to place two heads of households into a good, dignified job so that each family and in turn, their community can pull themselves out of poverty forever.
We start by getting to know our families and learning about their assets and needs. Oftentimes it begins with addressing health concerns, as illness can stand in the way of all other goals. Next, we ensure all school-aged children have access to an education and address basic needs such as debt and housing with their parents. Once family members are work-ready, they enroll into our job preparation program and are trained and placed into dignified work. They receive follow up services such as professional development and access to relevant workshops while we maintain our commitment to accompany them until they no longer need us.
Since 1991, Friends of the Riverfront has worked to protect and restore the riverfront in the Pittsburgh region through trail development and stewardship after decades of legacy pollution. The Three Rivers Heritage Trail now encompasses nearly 33 miles of urban and suburban riverfront trails along both banks of the Allegheny, Monongahela, and Ohio rivers. Through broad and diverse collaborations, we continue to work towards and promote environmental restoration, economic vitality, and public health benefits for Allegheny County and Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Friends of the Riverfront’s mission is to expand, connect and enhance the Three Rivers Heritage Trail and Water Trail systems along our three rivers. We engage and provide trail development assistance to river communities, supporting greater connectivity to the rivers and communities, while being a catalyst for economic growth. We also manage a robust trail stewardship program that works year-round to ensure that our trails and riverfronts are clean and safe for trail users.
Friends of the Riverfront is seeking candidates for the Board of Directors that will advocate and help advance the mission of this great organization. Board members serve three-year terms and are charged with the overall governance and oversight of the organization. We recognize that Board Members are a valuable volunteer asset to the organization each bringing unique talents and skillsets.
Currently, the board is seeking individuals with expertise in law, development, and fundraising, but we are open to many other skillsets and perspectives. Friends of the Riverfront does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical disability, veteran’s status, political service or affiliation, color, religion, or national origin. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
To express interest as a candidate or enquire further, please contact Executive Director, Kelsey Ripper, at email@example.com or 412.488.0212.
January 2021 -December 2023 Term Board of Directors Position Description
Assemble, a nonprofit dedicated to fostering learning and creativity is searching for committed and enthusiastic individuals to join its Board of Directors. Ambassadors of Assemble, Board Members provide leadership in the oversight and execution of Assemble’s strategic plan in a volunteer, yet purposeful, capacity. It is important that they share Assemble’s vision for arts, STEAM education, the Maker movement, and community outreach. Board candidates should be ready to work collaboratively as part of a working Board while striving to become a governing Board. Board Members are required to participate in at least one committee, each of which meets on a monthly basis or as needed.
Vision: Assemble envisions neighborhoods of empowered, diverse people who create, connect, learn, and transform together.
Mission: We build confidence through making by uniting communities of artists, technologies, makers, and learners.
Assemble’s Board Members serve 3-year terms and are eligible for reappointment for additional 1-year terms for a total of 6 years. Board meetings are held 6 times a year on the odd-numbered months. Board Members are required to attend — either in-person or virtually — all 6 of the Board meetings and the Board Retreat in addition to the committee meetings. Board Members are expected to consider Assemble to be a philanthropic priority and to make annual gifts that reflect that priority.
Special consideration will be given to candidates who possess any of the following qualifications:
- Dedication towards Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, Inclusion, and Justice practices
- Identifying as BIPOC, LGBTIQIA+, or as an intersectional person of oppressed identities
- Experience or skills in one or more:
- Legal expertise for nonprofit organizations
- Event planning, donor fundraising, and grant-writing
- Human resources management and procedures
- Non-profit accounting, finance, and experience setting up an endowment fund
- Operations, policy development, and public health expertise
- Strategic communications and marketing Experience
- Leadership for strategic planning for growth and succession experience
- Education management experience
- Interest in taking a lead in event planning for fundraising and an ability to host creative fund- and friend-raiser events
- Interest and ability to build Assemble’s family of supporters, fans, and participants
- Connections to the Garfield/Friendship/Bloomfield community as a resident or via allied organizations
- Connections to the Technology, Art, and Creative Industries and connections for corporate support
IIf you have questions regarding a position or the commitment involved, please contact Brett Fulesday, Board President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in joining Assemble’s Board of Directors or a committee, please send an email of interest and a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. If you are interested in learning more about Assemble, please join us for a Virtual meet and mix event on Wednesday Oct 21 at 6pm. RSVP here: http://bit.ly/assembleBoardMixer
Pittsburgh Irish and Classical Theatre is looking for Committee Members to join one or more of the following committees: Development, Sales and Marketing, Finance, Governance and Advisory. PICT is dedicated to producing innovative interpretations of dramatic literature in the classic and Irish traditions. If you are interested in helping us fulfill this mission and to explore current social issues through the lens of classic and timeless stories, then please join us. We meet Virtually over Zoom approximately once per month.
Covers: Washington, Green, and Fayette counties
Girl Scouts is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls in kindergarten through twelfth grade, and our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character. At Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania, we’re committed to providing every girl the chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
The Member Recruitment Specialist is responsible for recruiting new girl and adult members within an assigned region. The incumbent will work within the community to build visibility for Girl Scouts, promote the Girl Scout experience, and will understand the needs of their assigned region to best support the growth of membership within that region.
Note: In-person meetings and events will occur once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted and we will abide by PA state guidelines.
As a member of the recruitment team, you will work with other Recruitment Specialists and volunteer recruiters to generate excitement about and increase awareness of Girl Scouting.
- Increase awareness to positively impact membership growth by engaging in the community, working with schools, school districts, faith-based institutions, businesses, etc. and cultivate community contacts to educate on the Girl Scout curriculum and generate leads resulting in membership growth;
- Design and implement effective recruitment strategies for girl and adult membership growth in targeted areas to meet goals and objectives by researching market data, membership trends, diversity benchmarks and other information relevant to designated geographic areas;
- Meet individual membership goals and promote the Girl Scout mission by hosting recruitment events in designated areas: including in-person meetings, back to school and troop sign up nights, presentations, and networking opportunities;
- Work with and support volunteer recruiters in assigned area to ensure coordinated recruitment efforts, consistent approach and messaging from volunteers on the Girl Scout mission;
- Identify marketing, advertising, and public relations opportunities that will effectively and efficiently promote the Girl Scout brand and enhance recruitment efforts;
- Responsible for all activities related to the entry and maintenance of council records pertaining to Girl Scout membership registration from events through all steps of the registration and placement process;
- Ensure Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults.
- Degree in marketing, communications, sales, related field or equivalent professional experience;
2 years of work experience in related field of work with proven member recruitment and customer engagement;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Top notch communicator and can confidently present to large groups;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook and ability to learn new systems;
- Must possess a can-do mentality, be responsible, and be a lifelong learner;
- Must be organized, detail orientated, and customer focused;
- Ability and willingness to work primarily on-the-road with minimal time in an office;
- Potential candidates should be comfortable traveling throughout the designated areas on a regular basis;
- This is a full-time position. Minimum of 35 hours a week with additional and overtime hours during peak recruitment months of August thru November and February thru May;
- Able to work flexible hours to include days, some evenings and some weekends;
- Have reliable transportation.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member of the Partner Excellence Academy team, the educator will concentrate on providing technology training and technical assistance to the Food Bank’s partner network. The educator will execute an implementation plan that will enable food pantries and partners in the Food Bank’s network to utilize the Link2Feed service insight system. The educator will facilitate the transition to Salesforce as a platform for compliance tracking and data storage and support the compliance team by designing and implementing training that will enable agencies to ensure compliance with the Food Bank’s standards, policies and procedures. The educator will provide technical support, advice, and assistance to network partners to ensure successful and sustained adaptation to software and systems utilized by the Food Bank.
- Link2Feed Implementation and Management
- Continue and adjust the current implementation plan so that it aligns with our strategic goals.
- Coordinate data transfers from other client record management systems.
- Update and distribute training materials to food pantries and PDO network.
- Support and encourage pantries, and other partners as needed, as they transition to Link2Feed, ensuring a smooth process.
- Conduct remote and in-person trainings for Link2Feed. Work with pantries and partners to get comfortable with remote training.
- Schedule and conduct training sessions with food pantries and PDO network.
- Develop and administer surveys through the Link2Feed software, when applicable.
- Track and evaluate service trends.
- Identify opportunities for pantries to purchase internet affordably.
Salesforce Implementation and Management
- Coordinate implementation of electronic monitoring and compliance tracking into Salesforce for statistics, food safety, membership renewal and special projects as needed (i.e. annual KDKA gift cards).
- Collaborate with the IT and PMO team to refine the agency-facing portal.
- Conduct internal training for Food Bank staff on Salesforce.
Training Development and Evaluation
- Evaluate and improve current training including food safety and civil rights.
- Collaborate with compliance coordinators to identify, design and implement new training opportunities that will strengthen the technology skills of network partners.
- Incorporate trainings into the Partner Network Excellence Academy and evaluate opportunities for additional access, such as webinars.
- Collaborate with Partner Network Excellence Academy team to develop trainings that feed into the larger curriculum goals and structure.
- Collaborate with Manager of Partner Network Excellence on an evaluation tool for determining the effectiveness of current training process, especially with regard to remote training.
- Identify new distance learning tools and methods and make recommendations to the team about their possible use.
- Respond to partner network inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving challenges.
- Work with the IT and PMO team to resolve technical issues related to equipment and software programs.
- Maintain a working log that documents technical assistance provided to partners.
- Gather and disseminate network statistics and agency performance reports.
- Support core functions of team as needed.
- Maintain positive rapport with team members, colleagues and partners.
- Provide support to Compassion Corner, emergency food assistance to individuals, as needed and directed by the Manager or Director.
- Provide content for Network News, a quarterly newsletter for Food Bank members and partners.
- Respect the geographic and cultural diversity of network members and their participants by becoming familiar with customs and behaviors in various locations.
- Promote practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- A minimum of three years of programmatic and training experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills resulting in positive outcomes.
- Ability to work strategically, collaboratively, and effectively with staff members required. Possess an attitude of and appreciation for collaboration.
- High quality customer service skills with an ability to exhibit objectivity, calmness and helpfulness especially in stressful situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include professional letter-writing and report preparation. Ability to make presentations and develop and deliver information to a variety of audiences in a variety of ways. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability, experience and willingness to work with diverse populations.
- Possess attention to detail and follow through on tasks. Demonstrated organization and time-management skills. Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet goals.
- Prior experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends as required.
Certificates: Act 33 & 34 Clearances
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
Purpose: Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.
Reports To: A: Blood Services: Greater Alleghenies: Biomedical Volunteer Scheduling Specialist I (employee)
Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process.
Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
Model excellent customer service behaviors.
Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
Time Commitment: Variable; preferred commitment 1 shift/month
Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
May be required to meet 18 or over age requirements
Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
Network and meet new people
Develop customer service skills that will last a lifetime!
Onboarding with the American Red Cross Biomedical Dept
Online Blood Drive Volunteer Training in EDGE
Who we are…
We are a small office with big ideas. We believe good architecture and design matters, and because of this we are dedicated to supporting the profession, as well as advocating for healthier, safer and more sustainable buildings in our city and region.
AIA Pittsburgh offers a variety of services to our members: continuing education, leadership development, knowledge networks, government advocacy, collaborations with the design and construction industries, and student and public outreach. We hold two big annual events, Build Pittsburgh and Design Pittsburgh, and support a variety of committees – from the Committee on the Environment to the Young Architects Forum.
To support our region’s architecture community, each member of our team wears many hats. We seek someone who is a strong communicator and collaborator who is also naturally detail-oriented and organized.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing / Communications or relevant field
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, electronic)
- Familiar with basic marketing concepts, website management & content creation
- Experience with social media and website analytics
- Entry level graphic design
- Willingness to learn new technology
- Deadline driven
As a small non-profit, we all contribute to administrative duties as well as the ones defined by our positions. You must be willing and able to perform multiple duties when needed. Specifically, the Membership & Communications Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Administrative duties & General office management (greeting visitors, answering phones, general meeting support)
- Member / Committee support and communications (i.e. surveys, flyers, Annual Report)
- Membership campaigns
- Website management
- Social media management
- Event planning & support
- Contract document administration
- AMS/CMS management (experience with Salesforce a plus!)
- Working with external organizations on planning local PechaKucha nights (1-3 times/ year)
- We are an outcome-oriented organization that offers opportunities for mentorship and growth.
- As an employee at AIA Pittsburgh, you will receive health benefits and PTO.
- You will work in a great team atmosphere and be located in a downtown historic building*.
- Early morning and evening hours are periodically required to support meetings and events (i.e. member happy hours, committee meetings, annual board retreat, Design Awards gala).
- Flex-time can be considered on a discretionary basis.
- AIA Pittsburgh is one of over 200 AIA chapters or components around the country, and we are known to be one of the most active chapters.
- AIA strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- More about us at: http://www.aiapgh.org
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com include “Membership & Communications Associate” in the subject line.
- No phone calls please.
- Application will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Start date: immediate
* Due to COVID-19, all AIA Pittsburgh employees are currently working remotely. It is expected that staff will return to the office once conditions are appropriate.