Classification: Full Time/Non-Exempt
The Intake Specialist for Just Mediation Pittsburgh serves as the first point of contact for parties interested in eviction mediation. This position requires attention to detailed case management for mediation referrals and the ability to quickly process referrals for mediation. The Intake Specialist receives mediation referrals from Just Mediation Pittsburgh’s website and inputs case information into mediation databases. This position contacts parties individually by phone and email to assess readiness to mediate. The Intake Specialist aligns schedules of the mediation parties and prepares case documentation to be passed along to the Program Administrator for scheduling with Community Mediators. After a mediation has occurred, the Intake Specialist conducts follow-up calls with mediation parties one and three months after mediation to measure the sustainability of their mediation agreement. Additionally, the Intake Specialist maintains JMP’s website and social media accounts.
- Receive referrals from landlord and tenant partners and determine if referred case is appropriate for mediation
- Contact parties by phone and email to ensure willingness to participate in mediation
- Explain the mediation process and prepare parties to be contacted by their mediator
- Schedule mediation time and location based on availability of mediation parties
- Conduct post-mediation calls one and three months after mediation
- Create case tracking documentation for each mediation cases
- Maintain accurate databases tracking case management information
- Collect appropriate documentation for grant reporting cycles
Social Media and Website Maintenance
- Develop JMP’s social media strategy and platform usage for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Post social media content regularly to increase JMP’s virtual community presence and active involvement with JMP Community Mediators
- Update the JMP Website to reflect upcoming events, new staff, referral forms, and effective user interfaces
- Over three years of experience in project management with demonstrated success in setting up supportive services for clients
- Experience in conflict resolution, with mediation experience strongly preferred
- Program coordination knowledge with a track record of streamlining services to meet staff and client needs with efficiency
- Ability to meet quick deadlines and respond to new referrals promptly
- Proven case management skills that have allowed for successful management of a high case load
- Exemplary computer skills with proficiency in videoconferencing and database management
- Operational understanding of systemic oppression and self-awareness to internalized oppression and implicit biases
- Strategic eye for improving organizational systems and develop programming that is responsive to client needs
- Flexibility and success in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-orientation and determination to find solutions to logistical obstacles like scheduling and location conflicts
- Willingness to learn, correct mistakes, and pass on new knowledge
- Prior experience with housing services, eviction, and/or landlord-tenant concerns
- Effective technology skills in Excel, Zoom, and Google platforms
- Strong virtual, phone, and in-person communication skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain organized databases
- Organization of an efficient work calendar
- Experience with major social media platforms and generating engaging content
- Familiarity with Wix.com or other user-friendly website development platforms
This position requires flexible work hours, including some evenings, and transportation access to attend volunteer meetings around Pittsburgh and Allegheny County. This position primarily involves office or non-manual work, so employees are required to sit for prolonged periods of time. Employee must be able to lift up to 20 pounds, for example when setting up a mediation or mediator meeting.
Compensation for this position starts at $21 per hour ($43,680 annually) and offers generous paid time off and healthcare benefits. Applications will be received on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until filled. The anticipated start date is mid-February 2021. Currently, this is a one-year grant funded position for which extension opportunities may be sought but are not guaranteed. This is an at-will employment position.
In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will temporarily operate in a remote capacity. In-person activities and requirements will be at the discretion of Just Mediation Pittsburgh based upon the needs of the program, and will be reassessed in accordance with public health guidance.
ABOUT JUST MEDIATION PITTSBURGH
Just Mediation Pittsburgh is a subsidiary of the Mediation Council of Western Pennsylvania. As a fledgling nonprofit created in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, JMP is a community mediation center dedicated to providing free, accessible mediation for tenants and landlords facing the threat of eviction. JMP understands mediation to be a community tool for justice, where conflicting parties can seek common understanding to collaboratively resolve their disputes. JMP is committed to deep listening, self-determination for conflicting parties, and equity in the face of social injustice.
Just Mediation Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at JMP are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy (including partners), age, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, place of birth, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references by email to email@example.com.
Since 1952, Light of Life Rescue Mission has been a safe refuge for homeless and hurting people in the Pittsburgh area. The organization is currently seeking an experienced professional to direct marketing and public relations for Light of Life. Will be responsible for marketing, branding and public relations. Reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the leadership team as well as the Board, will manage and evaluate all internal and external communications in various forms through media, written communication, giving tours, etc. Light of Life Ministries, Inc. has an operating budget of $7.9 million, 69 dedicated employees, a skilled Board of Directors, and is in the midst of a capital campaign.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy that generates measurable results and allows Light of Life to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted audiences, key influencers, donors, volunteers, and local media.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders including donors, volunteers and public officials, and collaborate with them to enhance the organization’s brand and fundraising efforts.
- Manage the creation of all communication materials including media correspondence, quarterly newsletters, weekly/monthly emails, brochures, and other donor correspondence; manage vendors whose services are required to complete projects. Includes oversight of website content and social media strategy and implementation.
- Assist the Director of Development in managing the Development team.
- Will be the initial and primary media contact.
Due to the interface with the clients, all jobs at Light of Life require employees to:
- Walk alongside clients as a disciple of Christ and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them through actions and words.
- Establish mutual trust and create a safe, authentic environment so that the clients continue to mature in Christ.
- Serve the clients in a Christlike manner and practice a self-evaluative lifestyle.
- Resolve all issues in ways that promote the principles of Light of Life while following the processes described in the LOL staff manual.
- Exhibit love for Jesus Christ, the staff, and the clients.
- Study the Christian Bible and apply the knowledge received/revealed to job duties and clients’ specific issues.
- Help the clients make choices that are justifiably in their eternal best interest.
- Practice Christlike stewardship of all resources.
- Model personal responsibility, accountability, timely reporting and a self-evaluative lifestyle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Creative and competent decision-maker
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and all levels of the organization
- Strategizes and executes plans and projects effectively
- Excellent time-management skills and strong judgement skills
- Excellent computer skills including cloud-based software
- Master’s degree in communication, marketing or related field, or bachelor’s with commensurate experience; human services experience a plus
- 5-10 years’ experience in marketing, media relations, crisis media
- Public speaking, fundraising, and event management experience
- 5-10 years of increasing responsibility with management at a nonprofit organization
We invite you to view the full job posting and explore Light of Life at: http://lightoflife.org/
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit an application, resume and cover letter at:
The Westmoreland Museum of American Art seeks qualified interns to assist with a variety of projects this summer in a remote capacity as part of a Virtual Internship Program.
The Westmoreland has built a permanent collection of significant American art from colonial to contemporary, placing it among the best museums of American art in the country. The Museum’s extraordinary permanent collection is complemented by world-class traveling exhibitions that draw local, national, and international visitors. We are located just 35 miles east of Pittsburgh in the heart of historic Greensburg, Pennsylvania and within the Laurel Highlands region.
Committed to our number one goal of being a space of healing, connection, and inclusiveness for our community, The Westmoreland has no admission fee. The Westmoreland is bringing American art to the public, presenting a diversity of lived experiences that expand perspectives in American art history and American history, and providing a safe space to think about what it means to be an American. Through direct and authentic experiences with art as well as a diverse roster of relevant programs that reach a range of visitors, we are ensuring that everyone does indeed feel invited and welcome.
This eight-week internship program will be awarded to students interested in a career in the arts and fields related to The Westmoreland’s operational departments. Interns will gain an understanding of the kinds of work that occur in a museum and how museum professionals collaborate to plan and support daily operations. In addition to developing skills through projects within their chosen Museum department, interns will participate in a cross-departmental cohort project as well as attend a professional development series with other Museums across the nation.
Eligibility & Terms:
Internships are open to Undergraduate rising juniors, rising seniors, and those recently graduated as well as Master’s program students and those recently graduated. Applicants should review below qualifications for internships and apply for the one (1) internship that best meets their experience, interest and skillset.
Summer interns will work remotely from a location in the United States from June 7th through July 30th 2021. Interns must be available for the entire eight weeks, 30 hours per week.
Interns will receive a stipend of approximately $3,600.00 that is subject to all applicable taxes.
Application Deadline: February 26th, 2021- All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume and personal diversity statement. Please specify in your cover letter and email subject line which internship you are applying for.
1. Fundraising Research and Data Analyst Intern – Advancement Department
The Fundraising Research and Data Analyst Intern will play an integral part within the Advancement team, working to bring together all of supporter data across the organization ensuring more effective and tailored communication with our donors, supporters and local community. Projects will include a planned giving segmentation export, corporate sponsor analysis, and development of a membership dashboard. The intern will:
- Learn effective methods of gathering, managing and analyzing data to fully support contributed income generation.
- Generate data selections including queries, data segmentation, data exports, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) dashboards, fundraising analysis and build data queries and reports to provide insights on contribution trends.
- Assist Advancement Team in determining more efficient ways to utilize and interpret fundraising data.
- Work cooperatively with other Museum Teams including Curatorial, Collections, Education, Marketing, and Visitor Services to inform strategic decision-making through data collection and analysis.
Skills, Technical Knowledge and Qualifications
- Strong computer knowledge with ability to enter and analyze data, and develop queries.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency working in a database.
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills.
- Interest in museum donor relations and ability to work with confidential information.
2. Curatorial and Collections Intern – Curatorial and Collections and Exhibition Management Departments
The Curatorial and Collections intern will have the exciting opportunity to curate up to six exhibitions from the Museum’s works on paper collection for installation in the Carol R. Brown Gallery. This work will involve spending designated time working closely with two teams, specifically with the Chief Curator and Director of Collections and Exhibition Management. The intern will:
- Review and become knowledgeable about The Westmoreland’s works on paper collection
- Develop exhibition ideas/themes with rationale and a working title for each
- Conduct research on selected works and artists, writing bios for each artist
- Write exhibition didactics including introductory text, overview of ideas/themes and extended labels for each work or series of works
- Create a working checklist for each exhibition
- Create scale models of works and layout of exhibition in gallery floor plan
Skills, Technical Knowledge and Qualifications
- Art History academic focus, major or minor, with an interest in American Art.
- Critical writing and editing sills. Interest in scholarly research.
- Proficiency working in a database or ability to learn.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
3. Exhibition & Public Programs Marketing Intern – Marketing & Public Relations Department
The Westmoreland’s Exhibition & Public Programs Marketing Intern will focus on developing a comprehensive marketing campaign for the upcoming Simple Pleasures: The Art of Doris Lee featured exhibition and related public programming. The intern will:
- Develop an overall marketing campaign for the exhibition and related public programming
- Create a detailed media plan and campaign initiatives timeline
- Produce a written narrative overview for the campaign summarizing all efforts with target audiences defined
- Work cooperatively with other Museum Teams, including Education, Collections and Exhibitions Management, Curatorial, and Visitor Services to promote exhibition and related programming
Skills, Technical Knowledge and Qualifications
- Marketing academic focus
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Technical and theoretical knowledge of Social Media and platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
The Communications Coordinator supports marketing strategies to reach and build new audiences through a variety of engagement methods including institutional materials and publications (both print and digital), and Pittsburgh Botanic Garden website. The position will insure that all collateral maintains and upholds the Garden’s brand identity and consistency across all marketing channels.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate print and electronic materials that support the Membership program and Adult/Youth education classes, workshops and drop-in programs. These pieces include printed newsletters and other mailings, internal signage and e-monitor system.
- Develop and distribute weekly e-communication; and execute focused e-communication campaigns targeting specific audience segments, including Membership
- Create social media content to build and engage the Garden’s diverse audiences
- Develop and manage the content on Pittsburgh Botanic Garden’s website, including Event Calendar and blogs
- Analyze and report on audience engagement and usage statistics; monitor and provide monthly reports on conversions/goals
- Organize and maintain the physical and digital media archives, including collecting, scanning and distributing press clippings
- Organize and maintain the Garden’s digital image library
- Plan and coordinate “grass root” marketing efforts, such as Home and Garden Show and Garden in the Parks
Experience And Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 2+ years of marketing and communications experience, preferable in a cultural institution.
- Excellent written communication skills, and ability to think creatively.
- Proficient with WordPress and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram) and related analytics.
- Experience producing print materials.
- Able to operate professionally under pressure, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Obtain clearances (Child Abuse Clearance; PA State Police Background Check; FBI Fingerprint Background Check).
- Primarily office work conditions (on-site and work from home) with occasional outdoor work at events.
- Typically, this is a 24 hour workweek position; however, flexible hours are required for Garden related functions.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, traverse moderate site conditions related to Garden events, and be computer proficient.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Pittsburgh Botanic Garden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pittsburgh Botanic Garden complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email submissions only. Please send cover letter, resume and two professional references to email@example.com. All candidate submissions should be combined in a single PDF with applicant’s name in the file name. Please do not include information in email text, but include important information for consideration in cover letter content. Do not make multiple submissions. No phone calls please.
The John Templeton Foundation serves as a philanthropic catalyst for discoveries relating to the deepest and most perplexing questions facing humankind. We support research within disciplines ranging from astrophysics, evolutionary biology, and genetics, to philosophy, psychology, and economics. We seek to share and discuss discoveries related to life’s purpose and human happiness. In all cases, our goal is to spur curiosity and accelerate discovery. To catalyze such discoveries, we provide grants for independent academic research on a wide range of topics that relate to the Foundation’s mission.
The Associate, Strategic Alliances will be a part of the Foundation’s Communications and Engagement team. This team works collaboratively to expand awareness of the work funded by the John Templeton Foundation and generate constructive engagement in that work. The Foundation is currently investing in our brand and outreach, and the Associate will support the important work of expanding our networks and building our relationships.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Strategic Alliances, the Associate will identify opportunities to support the Foundation’s initiatives through monitoring of the philanthropic landscape, conducting research on prospective allies, planning of small and large convenings (virtual and in-person) and providing administrative support to the Strategic Alliances department. The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of professional experience supporting teams at a mission-driven organization, excellent writing skills and high attention to detail. It is essential that our next Associate possess research skills that enable the department to generate ideas and identify opportunities to build and develop relationships with external partners.
Managing Director, Strategic Alliances
- Conduct research and review philanthropic media on individual philanthropists, foundations, and companies to identify philanthropic interest areas which align with the Foundation’s mission.
- Assist with meetings with philanthropists, foundations executives, corporate executives and/or key influencers, including assistance with logistical elements of convenings, including flight and hotel arrangements, schedule creation and content, research into attendees, drafting materials, and follow-up.
- Organize the tasks and deadlines that are to be completed by or overseen by the Managing Director, Strategic Alliances
- Support the process for identifying prospective partners including preparing materials and drafting correspondence for the Managing Director and the President.
- Oversee data collection and management of Salesforce including analyzing Salesforce data to identify strategic opportunities.
- Provide research and other support for department initiatives and for the President, as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience; preferably with a large non-profit or other mission-driven organization focused on raising awareness about an issue and/or creating change.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with supporting teams at mission-driven organizations focused on building and strengthening external relationships, including experience working with Salesforce to input, extract and interpret data.
- Excellent writing skills including demonstrated success in writing introductory letters, briefs on programs and activities of mission-driven organizations, and communications with potential partners on sensitive subjects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated success in arranging meetings, requesting information, and follow up on important meetings.
- Research experience, including demonstrated success in creatively developing research practices that generate ideas and opportunities for building and developing relationships with potential partners.
- High attention to detail, with excellent organizational skills.
- A work style to get assignments done while balancing that with a proactive mindset for other impactful opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as online desk research.
- Professionalism, dedication and humility.
- Collaborative spirit. This position works across all facets of the foundation.
- A professional interest in the foundation world and social change organizations is required.
- A personal interest in the Foundation’s mission is preferable.
Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications and experience.
We are committed to caring for our employees and their families through exceptional benefits. We pay for 100% of employee medical, dental and vision premiums, and generously contribute to family premiums. We provide life insurance, short-term disability coverage and long-term disability coverage at no cost to employees. We offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an employer match and additional discretionary contributions. Paid time off includes generous vacation, sick, and personal days. The Foundation offers a unique donation program, enabling employees the ability to direct a $5,000 donation to a mission aligned organization of their choice, with no employee donation required.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the role will be a remote-work position through at least April 2020. The Foundation does plan to resume in-office operations when it is safe to do so (advanced notice will be provided), and the position will be based in the Foundation’s offices, located in West Conshohocken, PA. West Conshohocken, PA is a short drive (~15 miles) from Philadelphia and within walking distance of a commuter train station into downtown Philadelphia.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.templeton.org/careers/associate-strategic-alliances-2.
APPLY HERE TODAY
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
- Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations.
- Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
- All things belong to God.
- Jesus changes people’s lives
- We love college students.
- We embrace God’s multi-ethnic kingdom.
- Faithfulness is pursued together.
- We celebrate life.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Lead the CCO’s marketing and communication efforts by developing a comprehensive strategic marketing and communication plan, supervise the marketing and communications team, and direct campaigns and messaging that reflect Jesus to the world and build CCO brand loyalty in donors, partners, staff, and students.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive marketing strategies and communication plans to reach all CCO audiences such as donors, partners, staff, students.
- Manage brand and promote and maintain external brand awareness and consistency.
- Build trust and catalyze internal brand loyalty and assist departments and staff in implementing the brand in all aspects of ministry.
- Maintain CCO’s relationship with strategic national partners such as the marketing and communications roundtable.
- Provide strategic thought partnership to all development communications and campaigns.
- Collaborate closely with director of development to refine messaging and measurement of said communications
- Develop CCO marketing strategy to identify and engage audiences, utilize effective metrics, and grow the CCO’s brand
- Guide or write copy for emails and campaigns.
- Manage web and social media presence.
Public Relations and Communications
- Manage relationship with PR firm to prepare, protect, and promote the CCO in all public relations efforts and crisis communications.
- Spearhead all communication projects and collaborate closely with internal communication needs with HR and internal communications position.
Support Organizational Events and Projects
- Provide consistent messaging and brand direction for all organizational wide donor, staff, and student events and conferences.
Other Projects & Duties Assigned
- Fulfill seasonal projects and other duties as assigned by VP for Advancement.
- Pray regularly and frequently for the ministry of the CCO.
- Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing & Communications, or similar.
- At least 7 years of professional experience, campus ministry experience preferred.
- Strong communications skills.
- Able to adapt to tight deadlines and maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- Displays initiative.
- Effective team leader.
- Provides vision and direction to team.
- Able to execute work independently.
- Ability to engage a wide range of audiences, from college students to older donors.
- Proficient in Adobe creative cloud applications.
- Basic web design and HTML.
- Google applications.
- Nurture growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
- Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO Statement of Faith, Core Values and the CCO employee handbook.
- Plan and pursue professional development opportunities approved by department lead.
- Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel, the church, and college students.
- Proactive in preparation and timely in response.
- Encourages the growth and development of others.
- Values excellence.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel.
Clear Thoughts Foundation (CTF), established in 2010, is a nonprofit organization located in Pittsburgh, PA. Our primary purpose is to raise funds to discover breakthrough drugs and novel treatments to stop the progression of dementia and eventually eliminate this terrible disease. All of the founding members of CTF have had some personal experience with dementia, such as Alzheimer’s disease and FTD. All of them are disappointed with the lack of available and effective drugs and therapeutics in today’s market.
- Be a “brand ambassador” for CTF at all times – helping us get closer to our vision, to see a world free of dementia.
- Work closely with CTF President to help drive, organize, and motivate the standing chairs and the fundraising teams
- Attend all CTF Board Meetings (4 X year) – prepare board meeting preparation materials
- Plan and confirm CTF yearly calendar in conjunction with CTF President
- Ensure upkeep and post all CTF related documents/materials to the CTF google drive
- Manage and maintain all CTF technology including but not limited to: WordPress, Salsa CRM and Salsa
- Engage, Google account (Ad words, non-profits manager, gmail account), Microsoft 365 accounts, fundraising platforms.
- Responsible for all social media marketing – development and execution on relevant platforms: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Create and distribute press releases
- Create and distribute bi-monthly email marketing campaigns through Salsa Engage
- Maintain and update CTF website content using WordPress in conjunction with Tailored Marketing
- Work with CTF’s accounting firm and standing chair to create accounting/budgeting reports (while reconciling and maintaining all data across accounts in Salsa CRM and Quickbooks alongside CTF Standing Chair of Finance)
- Maintain steady communication and relationships between CTF Consortium funded researchers and their liaisons to ensure necessary CTF grant guidelines are followed.
- Event planning – involved in the development, planning, and success of all fundraising events.
- Interact with CTF vendors
- Aid in the development of fundraising initiatives – both creating new and helping with existing
- Aid in the pursuit of existing identified grant opportunities, as well as the discovery of new. Request for Proposals (RFP’s) to be written and submitted upon acceptance.
- Make recommendations to the foundation’s leadership on over-all efficiencies to support CTF’s mission
- Report to CTF President and work together 1-2 days per week
- Full time (40 hrs. a week), with some flexibility required for the occasional evening/weekend time needed.
- Work from home option for those who are interested.
- Pay TBD based on candidate skill set
BikePGH is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Multimedia Coordinator to develop high-quality creative (for online and offline channels) that connects & engages with our audience. The ideal candidate is a hybrid journalist + graphic designer who understands visual storytelling and can work collaboratively to produce creative content that helps make Pittsburgh a better place to bike and walk.
BikePGH is committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity not only in how we shape our strategic goals and organizational work but who we employ on our staff and the volunteers on our board of directors. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Title: Multimedia Coordinator
Position: Full-time, Exempt
Target Start: Early to mid-February 2021
Salary: $35,500 – $40,000 annually depending upon the relevancy of experience.
Hours: On average 40 hours per week, Often M-F 9-5. The BikePGH office is currently closed due to the COID-19 pandemic so work is taking place remotely.
Some work on weeknights and weekends is required in order to attend BikePGH events.
Benefits: Full-time benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as generous PTO (including parental leave) and 401(k) benefits as outlined in BikePGH’s employee manual.
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Director
Mission: BikePGH is transforming our streets to make biking and walking commonplace for all Pittsburghers in order to improve our quality of life and reduce the harmful effects of car dependence in our communities.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writing and editing blog posts on the topics of biking & walking (Focusing on advocacy, community events, and education);
- Creating print & digital visuals across projects that engage our audience (e.g. posters, postcards, signs, flyers, infographics, memes, etc.);
- Producing e-newsletters using a CRM (We currently use Mailchimp) with the ability to maximize open and click rates;
- Creating and editing engaging content across our WordPress websites;
- Developing and scheduling content for BikePGH’s social media networks that is designed to engage readers and create an interactive relationship;
- Coordinating video production across our programmatic focuses. This will include writing scripts, reviewing content, coordinating with freelancers, and publishing on all platforms;
- Photographing BikePGH events, merchandise, people utilizing biking and walking infrastructure, and more;
- Sharing inspiration and best practices for social media, design, and content.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Graphic design and Adobe Suite experience is required;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress, Hootsuite, MailChimp, and
- Experience with photography and photo editing;
- Confident oral, written, and presentation skills;
- Self starter that takes initiative, and also good at collaboration and taking direction;
- Passion for the mission of BikePGH and a strong interest in bicycle and pedestrian advocacy, urban planning, and the safe streets movement.
- Additional but not required skills:
- Video filming
- Video editing
- 2-3 years of experience with the listed skills and abilities;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is typically performed in an office setting but currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Travel within the community and to BikePGH events will be required when safe to do so;
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required;
- Utilizes normal speech and hearing necessary for extensive conversation;
- Varied activities including sitting, reaching, bending, lifting up to 20lbs, pushing/pulling, walking, or assisted walking via wheelchair or mobility device.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Write a compelling cover letter and submit it along with a resume and portfolio.
Submitted portfolios should include:
- 2-3 examples of graphic design work (Flyers, Illustrations, Infographics, Posters)
- 2-3 writing samples (Blogs, Email Campaigns, and Social Media Posts)
- Additional but not required examples of photography and/or video examples
Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis throughout December 2020 and January 2021 and considered until the position is filled. The ideal candidate would start employment no later than March 2021.
By email: Please send an email with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Multimedia Coordinator” in the subject line.
By mail: Please enclose your resume and cover letter in a sealed envelope and mail to:
188 43rd Street, #1
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Job Title: Marketing and Operations Assistant
Description: The Marketing and Operations Assistant is the primary storyteller for Three Rivers Young Peoples Orchestras (TRYPO). This role uses social media channels to help build strong and diverse online communities and elevate the organizational message while assisting operations at virtual and in-person rehearsals and events.
Requirements and Physical Demands:
- Sincere belief in the importance of music education and some personal experience as a musician in school or extra-curricular programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Positive attitude and ability to build a good rapport with students, parents/guardians, coaches, and colleagues.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Active family-friendly presence on social media platforms and active knowledge of best practices. TRYPO has accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- The marketing aspects of this role involve using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers and could require moving around a room to take photos or video and sitting at a computer or desk for periods of time.
- The operations aspects of this job involve interacting with students/parents, setting up a room (including moving chairs, music stands, percussion equipment), and taking attendance. Virtual operational aspects involve running Zoom rooms with the camera on, including Zoom break-out rooms, chat monitoring, etc. The person in this position occasionally must bend forward, crouch, lift, push, and pull up to 30 lbs.
- Computer proficiency is required, including typing 40 wpm and use of Microsoft Office Suite. TRYPO’s current applications/software includes Office 365, Google Drive, WordPress, Salsa/DonorPro, Canva, among others. The successful candidate will need to be able to learn new programs quickly.
- Criminal History clearance, Child Abuse clearance (Act 33 and 34), and FBI background check are required.
- Education requirements: High School diploma required. Some college and/or some equivalent previous experience preferred.
- Desired Bonus Skill: Experience with graphic design for social media pages or a strong desire to develop basic design skills.
- Desired Bonus Skill: Knowledge of music, orchestral repertoire, practices, and set up.
Marketing Responsibilities Include:
- Work with Manager of Institutional Advancement to create and manage a social media calendar that includes content around all issues of relevance to TRYPO (such as promoting our events; programs; opportunities; community-building; and especially advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our region).
- Capture content for social media (and for other marketing materials as needed) on rehearsal/event weekends. (Can include quotes, video, photos.)
- Create social media posts to disseminate content.
- Manage social media accounts, post regularly, and be active in responses to others’ engagements and messages.
- If time allows, other Marketing duties may include:
- Create materials for events including signage, flyers, and other needs as requested o Assist with basic publicity writing, including press releases, media alerts, and blog content
- Assemble e-newsletters, e-blasts, etc.
- Provide support and assistance in preparing sales and marketing materials as needed
Operations Responsibilities Include:
- Assist Program Managers Ana Diaz and Laurie Cunningham with weekend set up needs and logistics, whether online or in-person.
- Interact with students and parents to answer questions.
- Provide other administrative support as needed.
Other duties include:
Providing administrative support to all positions in the office as assigned.
Employment Details: Part-Time: 10-15 hours/week (Saturdays 9:30 AM-4:30 PM, some Sundays TBA, most weekdays 1-3 flexible hours/day)
Report to: Primarily reports to Rachel Howard (Marketing), also working closely with Ana Maria Diaz and/or Laurie Cunningham as needed (Operations)
Compensation: $ 13/hour Desired Start Date: Mid-January 2021
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Rachel Howard at Rachel@trypo.org. (Please list job title in the subject line.) Applications will begin to be reviewed on Friday, December 18, until the position is filled.
ABOUT TRYPO: Three Rivers Young Peoples Orchestras (TRYPO) is a youth music program comprised of ensemble opportunities for Pittsburgh’s musically talented young people. Current ensemble opportunities include:
- Young Peoples Orchestra [YPO] a full symphonic orchestra which generally serves high school-aged students
- Wind Symphony [WS], a large ensemble for winds, brass, and percussion which generally serves high school-aged students
- Symphonette, a string ensemble that generally serves middle school-aged students.
- Percussion Ensemble, an ensemble just for percussionists
- Youth Chamber Connection [YC2 ] offers small ensemble opportunities such as quartets and quintets throughout the season and at a summer camp in collaboration with Chautauqua Music Camps.
- TRYPOsphere, a series of classroom-style programs such as Apprentice Conducting Program [ACP], Music Theory, Composition, etc.
Current COVID-19 adjustments: Most staff members are currently working from home with minimal office time. In Fall 2020, all our programs met online via Zoom. We started to hold some in-person optional reading sessions in November 2020. We anticipate that Spring 2021 will include a mix of virtual and in-person programming, all within TRYPO’s “Serious About Safety” COVID-19 Protocols. See www.trypo.org for more information.
TRYPO is passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Covers: Allegheny County with office base in Pittsburgh
Girl Scouts is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls in kindergarten through twelfth grade, and our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character. At Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania, we’re committed to providing every girl the chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
The Member Recruitment Specialist is responsible for recruiting new girl and adult members within an assigned region. The incumbent will work within the community to build visibility for Girl Scouts, promote the Girl Scout experience, and will understand the needs of their assigned region to best support the growth of membership within that region.
Note: In-person meetings and events will occur once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. We continue to abide by PA guidelines.
As a member of the recruitment team, you will work with other Recruitment Specialists and volunteer recruiters to generate excitement about and increase awareness of Girl Scouting.
- Increase awareness to positively impact membership growth by engaging in the community, working with schools, school districts, faith-based institutions, businesses, etc. and cultivate community contacts to educate on the Girl Scout curriculum and generate leads resulting in membership growth;
- Design and implement effective recruitment strategies for girl and adult membership growth in targeted areas to meet goals and objectives by researching market data, membership trends, diversity benchmarks and other information relevant to designated geographic areas;
- Meet individual membership goals and promote the Girl Scout mission by hosting recruitment events in designated areas: including in-person meetings, back to school and troop sign up nights, presentations, and networking opportunities;
- Work with and support volunteer recruiters in assigned area to ensure coordinated recruitment efforts, consistent approach and messaging from volunteers on the Girl Scout mission;
- Identify marketing, advertising, and public relations opportunities that will effectively and efficiently promote the Girl Scout brand and enhance recruitment efforts;
- Responsible for all activities related to the entry and maintenance of council records pertaining to Girl Scout membership registration from events through all steps of the registration and placement process;
- Ensure Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults;
- Bilingual applicants who can speak Spanish are preferred for these positions;
- Degree in marketing, communications, sales, related field or equivalent professional experience;
- 2 years of work experience in related field of work with proven member recruitment and customer engagement;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Top notch communicator and can confidently present to large groups;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook and ability to learn new systems;
- Must be organized, detail orientated, and customer focused;
- Ability and willingness to work primarily on-the-road with minimal time in office;
- Potential candidates should be comfortable traveling throughout the designated areas on a regular basis;
- Full-time position with a minimum of 35 hours a week with additional hours during peak recruitment months of August – Nov and Feb – May;
- Able to work flexible hours to include days, some evenings and some weekends;
- Have reliable transportation;
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.