The Pittsburgh Chapter of SCORE, a national nonprofit, is looking for volunteers with a desire to help society through supporting small business and jobs creation. We have a need for a variety of volunteering roles ranging from social media and digital marketing support to event coordination and marketing research. Our clients are our neighbors who want to start a small business or already have a small business but could benefit from mentoring from our SCORE Business Mentors. These volunteer positions help with Chapter Operations so that our Business Mentors can handle more small business clients.
If you’d like to learn more, apply to volunteer (no commitment) at https://pittsburgh.score.org/volunteer-29
SCORE is a nonprofit resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration that helps aspiring and existing entrepreneurs succeed. Every year, our volunteers help thousands of entrepreneurs achieve their dreams of starting small businesses and achieving new levels of success. Volunteering is a way for you to give back, network with business experts, and share your knowledge. Join SCORE today to make a meaningful difference in your local economy.
Learn more at www.score.org/volunteer.
Communications and Development Coordinator Job Description – Full-time
At Pittsburgh Urban Christian School (PUCS) our mission is to equip students to engage the world with their unique, God-given gifts. PUCS provides an excellent education in an urban setting for a racially and economically diverse group of students. We are committed to educating from a Christian perspective with a curriculum characterized by integral thematic units, close student teacher interaction and substantive parental involvement. By offering a high quality, affordable education, PUCS seeks to play a leading role in enhancing the quality of life for the people of Wilkinsburg and surrounding communities. Our staff of certified teachers is dedicated to facilitating each student’s spiritual, personal, social, academic and physical growth.
PUCS serves 130 students ranging from pre-kindergarten to eighth grade. PUCS employs 19 talented faculty and staff who are devoted to creating a rich learning environment for students. Our talented teachers help foster an environment that empowers PUCS students to realize their full potential and set them up for a successful post-PUCS educational experience.
Please review the PUCS website for further detail on the PUCS approach to learning and the impact PUCS has had on the community.
Development – 25 hours a week (approximately)
Responsibilities: The Communications and Development Coordinator reports to the Development Director to support the fundraising efforts of PUCS. The Coordinator will be responsible for helping with grant research and grant writing, managing special events, donor cultivation, and office duties including database management. They will ensure timely responses to all funding opportunities and manage the gift recognition process.
- Maintain accurate donor database (Bloomerang) – contact information, donations and interactions. Annual updates for newly enrolled families, staff, alumni, event participants and community members. Use the database to record donations, mail tax receipts, and generate mailings.
- Learn standard donor database reports and create custom reports as necessary. Use donor database reports to analyze and evaluate donor trends (lapsed, LYBUNT/SYBUNT, soft credits, wealth screening).
- Research potential sources of funding. Maintain foundation calendar. Write grants with the Development Director.
- Provide timely and creative ways to say thank you to donors, foundations and businesses. Write donor reports with financial support provided by Financial Secretary.
- Manage annual events (Grandparents Day, Pastor Appreciation Breakfast, Serve-A-Thon, fundraiser, etc.) and follow-up. PUCS will celebrate its 40th anniversary during the 2021-2022 school year – planning and preparing for this milestone.
- Assist with other development activities such as annual fund, corporate relations for the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) and Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) program efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Communications – 15 hours per week (approximately)
Responsibilities: The Development and Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and facilitating the design and implementation of the school’s communications plan. This is a position with a lot of variety, and includes the development of narratives, websites, email, social media, print, and others to inform the PUCS community of key information, news, events, and other topics that advance the School’s mission and institutional goals.
The position works collaboratively to support the organization’s Marketing, Communications, Recruiting, Development and Community Outreach efforts. Responsibilities will be distributed throughout the year and, in accordance with the communications plan, may include:
- Research, write, and edit email newsletters and messages to ensure clear and accurate communication to constituents.
- Write grants applications and reports with the Development Director and Financial Secretary.
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise communications from multiple departments to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Create compelling written content for a variety of platforms including the School’s website, social media, PUCS Post, Constant Contact, and more.
- Support senior management, faculty, and staff as-needed with communications (i.e., slide presentations, one-pagers, etc.).
Graphic Design and Publishing
- Create compelling print and digital content to support the School’s communications campaigns.
- Create materials for multiple School departments and divisions, including Admissions, Advancement, and Athletics. Materials include invitations, postcards, programs, and more.
- Create graphic designs to support social media campaigns.
- Collaborate with the print newsletter graphic designer.
- Update and add content to the School’s website.
- Regularly review the School’s website to ensure information accuracy, proper display on multiple devices, and site health.
- Steward the School’s editorial and brand standards by ensuring consistency and visual integrity on all communications.
- Revise communications from multiple departments to ensure alignment with the School’s brand guidelines.
- Crisis Communications
- Participate in reputation management and media monitoring.
- Participate in crisis communications response and support.
- Act as a liaison with third-party vendors and assist in managing those relationships.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area.
- Two or more years of related experience
- Solid knowledge of communications principles, concepts, strategies, and best practices.
- Current knowledge of social media platforms and current communications technology with the ability to demonstrate best practices. (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. (Newsletters, donor reports, grants, grant reports, receipts, thank you notes, etc.). Acute attention to detail, accuracy, grammar, and punctuation.
- Experience with managing or updating websites.
- Ability to analyze data from fundraising campaigns and be able to draw insights with actionable recommendations based on the analysis.
- Proven project management skills and ability to drive a project from concept to completion.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team and with other groups within the School. Experience collaborating/working with outside organizations.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize workflow.
- Highly motivated, productive, and deadline oriented.
- Good judgment, tact, diplomacy, and ability to guard confidentiality.
Skilled in the use of:
- Donor databases
- AP Style
- Google products such as Gmail, Drive, Docs, Slides, and Sheets
- Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel
- Adobe software including InDesign, Photoshop
- Content management systems such as WordPress
- Social media monitoring software
- Working knowledge of HTML
Required Legal Documents:
- Federal Criminal History Record
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check (Act 34)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 33/151)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest
- Three references
- Personal Statement of Christian Faith / Experience
The Marketing Coordinator provides first-rate support to all Pittcon marketing functions and is responsible for initiating, shaping, and implementing a number of projects. Visionary, imaginative, and abstract yet realistic types are encouraged to apply. Top candidates will be ardent learners and possess an enterprising instinct with little inhibition against taking the occasional, calculated risk. This position carries with it a great deal of guided autonomy. The Marketing Team is typical for a nonprofit organization – agile, intuitive, purposeful. We are looking for a teammate to fill an indispensable role that promotes Pittcon throughout the U.S. and well into numerous international markets. [pittcon.org]
Directly reports to the Marketing & Communications Manager with accountability to the Marketing Chair and Chair-Elect board positions.
- Promotional email coordination, creation, and implementation
- Sponsorship program planning and implementation
- Tradeshow attendance/exhibiting coordination
- Social Media planning and implementation
- Partnership program planning, agreement negotiation, and implementation
- Event organization and implementation
- Annual promotional item coordination and ordering
- Promotional video and script coordination, includes on-camera work
- Arrangement of volunteer communication activities
- App design organization and content population
- Research and planning assistance
- Conference & Exposition on-site marketing assistance
- Helps to address special project requests given to the Marketing Team
- Willingness to learn and to advance as a professional nonprofit marketer
- Able to work both as part of a team and independently
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional writing, editing, and verbal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proficient with email marketing software
- Event coordination experience
- Able to follow up on leads, finalize, and close agreements via phone correspondence
- Creativity combined with an inclination to share ideas and see new projects to completion
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, writing, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience (may include internship experience)
- Requires sitting, some standing, some walking
- Requires occasional moving of objects up to 25 pounds
- Requires work with others in a group or team
- Requires work with external entities and the public
- Approximately 10% of annual time required for travel to and attendance at Pittcon and other scientific conferences and expositions
The Marketing Coordinator position is compensated a rate commensurate with both candidate experience and comparable positions within the Greater Pittsburgh nonprofit marketing community. This is a full-time, hourly-paid position; therefore, it is eligible for approved overtime opportunities. Pittcon also offers competitive benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Professional development assistance
How to Apply
Applications must include a cover letter and a resume. A portfolio of your work may be required if chosen for an interview. All applications are to be emailed to email@example.com.
Fred Rogers Productions, FRP is looking for an Outreach and Partnerships Manager in our Marketing, Communications & Engagement Department. This professional will focus on identifying National, Community, and Project Partners, and building and cultivating relationships with them. This is a full-time position located in Pittsburgh, PA.
This position is a good fit for a connector who thrives on developing new and existing partnerships both internal and external to the organization. This individual must develop a strong understanding of our company mission and core values.
This role may include direct interaction with children and families in local communities. Their health and safety are of the utmost importance. This individual must be willing to follow CDC-established guidelines and company policies to prevent and limit the exposure of COVID-19.
- Manage and develop company partnerships with non-broadcast organizations
- Support efforts to expand company partnerships
- Follow-up with Partner leads established by our Production Department
- Oversee details of long-range projects and nurture partnerships
- Assist in creating new engagement resources for all series produced by the company
Project Coordination & Management
- Organize development of Engagement department give-away items for all FRP series
- Work alongside museum partners on various traveling exhibits.
- Support roll-out of engagement opportunities for all series produced by FRP
- Aid in expanding the company’s presence in Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Patience, empathy, flexibility, and kindness;
- Active listener;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to work effectively with diverse individuals, both internally and externally;
- Proven ability to work both independently and proactively as a member of a team;
- Careful attention to detail with strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Facility with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience;
- Associate’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Education or related field
- Non-profit experience is a plus
- Knowledge of children’s media is a plus but not required.
ABOUT FRED ROGERS PRODUCTIONS:
Fred Rogers founded the company in 1971 as the non-profit producer of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood for PBS. In the years that followed, it not only created hundreds of episodes of this much-loved program but also extended Fred’s values and approach to other efforts in promoting children’s social, emotional, and behavioral health and supporting parents, caregivers, teachers, and other professionals in their work with children. Fred Rogers Productions continues to build on Fred’s legacy in innovative ways through a wide variety of media and engage new generations of children and families with his timeless wisdom. The company’s highly-rated, award-winning children’s series include Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Donkey Hodie, Alma’s Way, Peg + Cat, Odd Squad, and Through the Woods.
At Fred Rogers Productions, we believe kids come first, now and always. We connect with them through shows that are fun, relatable, and put their social and emotional learning front and center. That’s how we’ve earned the trust of parents, caregivers, and teachers.
We bring our one-of-a-kind expertise in early childhood development to partnerships with talented creators, writers, illustrators, animators, and producers. Together, we create shows that foster a natural enthusiasm for learning and that make kids smile while they learn big life lessons. And we are always exploring how to make the most of new ways for kids to watch and play. For more information, visit www.fredrogers.org or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Fred Rogers Productions is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by a person’s race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment, and dismissal. It is also our policy to provide an environment free of unlawful harassment of any kind, including, without limitation, sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related, or ethnic background-related.
As a Program Associate, your primary role is to support the day-to-day operational functioning of STANDING FIRM (SF), a national program of Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh (WC&S) which empowers employers to recognize and respond to the workplace effects of partner violence. You will work with SF leadership to streamline efficiency, identify and solve problems, and develop and respond to opportunities for growth. You will be the hub of all internal communications as well as those with external clients, members, and the Advisory Council. The successful candidate will have keen attention-to-detail, demonstrate flexibility and the ability to manage multiple projects, be enthusiastic about learning and acquiring technology skills, and have experience in the corporate or employer community. This role is based out of the main WC&S facility with the ability to work remotely 2-3 days.
WC&S is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving over 8,000 adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to over 500 people who are abusive. We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence. Our Mission is to strengthen our ability to meet the individual and evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening community engagement, and amplifying the voices of all survivors. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity, Survivor-Centered Advocacy, and Stewardship.
This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase and develop your administrative, coordination, event planning, technical, and marketing skills while contributing to the Mission of WC&S in a multitude of ways. If you are a resourceful, proactive self-starter, we are eager to hear from you.
Here’s what you will do:
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge information for financial tracking. Assure training, membership, and consultation fees are billed monthly and accurately and track revenue.
- Assist Director in preparing financial reports for Advisory Council and Board of Directors reports; prepare and distribute Advisory Council meeting notes and materials, arrange and attend meetings, prepare and disseminate minutes; and create pre-specified work and other organizational documents for SF.
- Coordinate events and handle event-planning by taking the lead in the organizational aspects of the annual Awards Luncheon and other events as scheduled; communicate with event venues as needed and/or distribute web-based training details to participants; and provide event support for annual Corporate Leadership Breakfast under the direction of SWPA Says No More and The United Way of SWPA.
- Regularly update and track membership status; collect data about employer action steps and input into membership lists and files.
- Provide training and consultation support to the Senior Account Executive by documenting scheduling, preparing materials, and communicating with the training venue or consultation contact to assure smooth implementation of services; issue and organize pre- and post-training surveys; and learn and provide support in the Learning Management System.
- Manage the SF website; take the lead in communicating with web management contacts to make changes and solve problems; organize content and distribute digital newsletter to employer members.
- Maintain tools such as Employer Awareness Campaign, Employee Resource Center, and more.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three years’ relevant experience required.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and administrative skills.
- Advanced command of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel), Raiser’s Edge, basic website maintenance, and internet research skills required.
- A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamics, cultural diversity issues and child abuse and neglect.
- Ability to understand and perform confidentiality and safety procedures.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
- Experience working in organizations with a successful track record in diversity and inclusion cultures preferred.
- Act 33/34 and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances will be required.
WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including: generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; paid training and professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service (Student) Loan Forgiveness eligible employer.
WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity expression, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation/identity, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to all.
This position will remain open until we find the best candidate for the position. To ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business Friday August 6, 2021.
The Redevelopment Authority of the County of Westmoreland is a public agency created by the Westmoreland County Board of Commissioners. Founded in 1962, under the auspices of the PA Urban Redevelopment Law, its main purpose is to spur redevelopment of blighted and vacant property across the county.
The Westmoreland County Land Bank is also a public agency created by the Board of Commissioners in 2013. The agency uses tools of the PA Land Bank Law to acquire and repurpose vacant and tax-delinquent property in member communities.
Together, the agencies form an organization (collectively referred to as RA/LB in this posting) that is responsible for addressing blight and vacancy through numerous programs across the county. With a current staff of four positions, the RA/LB carries out blight demolition, residential and commercial property rehabilitation, acquisition and repurposing of vacant and tax-delinquent properties, accessible and affordable housing, training and education partnership, historic preservation, and brownfield redevelopment.
The Communications Associate is responsible for developing short and long-term communication plans and implementing the same using a variety of methods to achieve the objectives outlined in the organization’s 2021 Strategic Plan. The successful candidate has a passion for both people and place and knows how to tell a compelling story about the essential work the organization engages in to build healthy and whole communities and reposition Westmoreland County for continued growth. The individual is a natural relationship builder and communicator who knows it takes more than a business card to cement a partnership.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops the annual communications strategy and successfully implements all aspects of the plan
- Develops the annual communications budget
- Crafts content for all communications efforts including press releases, social media, web, and print media
- Researches the latest trends in community and economic development and disseminates through appropriate channels
- Proofreads all communications materials, ensuring proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and information accuracy
- Plans and executes all RA/LB events including the annual Reclaiming Communities Summit and Quarterly Networking meetings among the community and economic development practitioners across the county
- Populates the organization’s photo library with high-resolution images and videos of projects and programs
- Elevates the RA/LB website and social media platforms, keeping information current and engaging
- Prepares monthly reports to RA/LB Executive Director, staff, and board of directors
- Assists with federal, state, and local grant writing
- Seeks out and forges relationships with potential partners, clients, and funders
- Markets Land Bank-owned properties to potential new owners and developers
- Provides operational support to RA/LB programs (roughly 20% of the time)
Essential Characteristics and Abilities
The successful Communications Associate will demonstrate the following characteristics and abilities:
- Passion for people and places, and storytelling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Community relations and engagement
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe design software to produce varied media and documents to support communication strategies, including annual reports and brochures
- Demonstrated expertise in business writing, editing, and proofreading
- Significant experience in creating rich media content, like video and audio
- Photography and image manipulation techniques
- Knowledge of CMS, HTML, and CSS
- Bachelor’s degree: communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, English, or relevant education and experience
- One to three years experience
- Holds a valid driver’s license and maintains reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Compensation, Work Environment, and Conditions of Employment
The salary of this full-time position is $42,000 plus generous health insurance benefits and an employer-matched defined-contribution pension plan.
The RA/LB primarily conducts its work within a professional office environment. However, many meetings, events, and fieldwork activities outside of our principal office in downtown Greensburg require travel throughout Westmoreland County.
All employees of the RA/LB are expected to reside in or become residents of Westmoreland County within 180 days of employment start.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a current résumé, cover letter, two personal references, two professional references, and three writing or professional work samples in PDF file format via an application form at https://forms.gle/Ttg4MmSoDko4iWtJ6. The application deadline is August 19, 2020 or until filled. Candidates must submit to a PA State Police Criminal History Background Check.
Senior Hearts Rescue and Renewal (SHRR) is an all volunteer 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to save the lives of senior dogs through a proven renewal and placement process, giving our seniors a high quality of life in loving homes. Founded in 2016, SHHR has saved over 570 senior dogs and placed over 515 in loving homes.
SHRR is seeking working board members who can excel in our fast paced growth environment, while building processes and procedures for the advancement of our mission.
Ideal board members will have an entrepreneurial spirit, organizational skills, ability to communicate both written and verbally to corporate decision makers and private individuals, ability to work toward seeking consensus on group decisions, an awareness of the importance of open communication amongst board members, ability to adhere to board decisions and protocol, accountability, and a strong desire to build the infrastructure of the organization by development of processes, programs.
All members of our working board are expected to not only understand the importance of funds development, but also actively participate in fundraising, whether through seeking event sponsors, donations through private individuals and corporations, or building connections for development of funds. Board members are expected to consider SHRR a philanthropic opportunity and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. Members of the board are also expected to assist in identifying and recruiting other board members, serve on committees, and adhere to fiscal and legal responsibilities of the board.
Serving on our board is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about SHRR’s mission and who has a track record of leadership and accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. Prior history of serving on a board is desirable. Ideal candidates will have success in a fast paced work or volunteer environment, savvy diplomatic skills, affinity for cultivating relationships, understanding of our vision and mission, and a passion for saving the lives of senior dogs.
Pennsylvania Women Work, a Pittsburgh nonprofit workforce development organization, is looking for a full-time Communications and Development Specialist (4 days a week/32 hours) to support the Development and Communications teams. The ideal candidate will be energetic, organized, detail-oriented, creative and adaptive. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and independent individual to build fundraising, special events and communications experience and gain considerable knowledge of nonprofit work.
The communications and development specialist will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the communications and development departments. This individual will play a role in all fundraising activities and special events, and they will also assist in marketing for the organization’s programs. This position is a key role for the development and communications team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Communications Manager and department to establish strategy for marketing events and programs.
- Possess outstanding writing abilities to support communications team.
- Manage all aspects of social media channels, including creating content calendar for approval, designing images, scheduling content, monitoring comments/engagement, making suggestions for advertisements and more.
- Design and create emails in Constant Contact. Maintain contact lists and email calendar, scheduling email communication with lists.
- Update the organization’s website with day-to-day changes.
- Write client stories, newsletter articles, blogs, website content, thank you letters, and other long-form writing assignments as needed.
- Create basic flyers and promotional materials as needed using both Canva and Adobe Suite.
- Assist in helping management in the development of fundraising goals and work to achieve and surpass these goals.
- Work directly with management and development team to manage project workflow and oversee day to day milestones for projects.
- Conduct research on individuals and corporations for giving and sponsorship opportunities.
- Work with Office Manager and Development Director to administer donor database system, which includes data entry of donations, donor engagement tracking and gift reporting. Track and administer acknowledgments for donations.
- Assist in the coordination of mailing sponsorship and donation letters, direct mail and email solicitations.
- Write and send acknowledgements, thank you letters and other correspondence.
- Create reports and tracking systems for development activities.
- Work closely with finance manager to ensure donations are categorized correctly.
- Ability to work well with a team to promote company initiatives.
- Assist in all aspects of event planning and fundraising campaigns, including management of the annual Silent Auction and raffles throughout the year.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- 2-4 years of experience working in fundraising or events, development or communications
- Ability to prioritize and manage milestones and multiple projects efficiently
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency with Google Drive and Microsoft Office, especially with Excel and Word.
- Experience with database (donor-database use preferred)
- Experience with social media and design software preferred
- Must be extremely organized and have the ability to manage multiple timelines and calendars at once
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience planning large-scale events and fundraisers preferred
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please explain relevant experience that would make you an excellent candidate for this critical role.
Sequal Consulting is looking for a full-time Communications Associate who is passionate about and experienced in comprehensive strategic communications for justice-oriented movements and organizations. Associate responsibilities range from helping execute communications strategy, researching and analyzing media/political/policy opportunities, and generating and managing digital and traditional communications. The ideal person for this position will have some background in labor union communications. A commitment to movement-building and intersectional justice and liberation for all is required.
About Sequal Consulting
Sequal Consulting is a full-service strategic communications firm based in Pittsburgh, PA. We serve clients across the Commonwealth and throughout the country. We are strategists for social change who help movements shift power from corporations and billionaires to the people and the planet. We help our clients increase their visibility, sharpen their message, share their stories with new audiences, and advance their vision for a more just society.
What you’ll do at Sequal
- Work with labor union and other clients to execute communications strategies and campaign plans.
- Craft core campaign messaging and ensure message consistency across communications channels.
- Monitor media, summarize coverage for clients, and identify opportunities that align with client goals.
- Produce concise and effective press materials including releases, advisories, op-eds, and letters to the editor.
- Pitch stories to reporters, editors, online outlets, and other newsmakers.
- Prepare spokespeople for press interviews, events, and actions.
- Create and curate social media content and manage client social channels.
- Draft, target, and send mass emails and help administer online activist toolsets.
What we need to see in you
- Labor union experience is strongly preferred. 2-3 years’ experience working for an issue-oriented non-profit or community organization, movement, political campaign, elected official, or communications firm serving progressive organizations, will also be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field. Work experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Commitment to understanding race, class, gender, and other equity issues as part of our work.
- Proven track record of messaging across audiences with an ability to match content and tone accordingly.
- Excellent current events / news sense and political savvy.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and clients simultaneously with strict adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and flexibility in approach to project assignments.
- An understanding that clients often expect immediate responsiveness, regardless of whether or not you’re “on the clock.”
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle.
- This is not a strictly 9am-5pm position. Because the position often directly relates to the 24-news cycle and social media environment, it will require weeknight and weekend hours.
- Travel is occasionally required around the western Pennsylvania region or to state/national conferences.
- Compensation will be based on skills and experience, with an approximate salary range of $45,000 – $50,000/year.
- Our comprehensive benefits package includes health and dental insurance, an IRA with a company match, and three weeks paid vacation to start.
- Staff is currently working remotely, though attendance at certain staff and client events is required. We have had an office in the past and plan to again, but daily office work will be negotiable.
What to send
- Cover letter and résumé
- Writing sample
- Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sequal Consulting is committed to building a more diverse social justice movement. Women, femmes, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Unfortunately, we cannot hire sitting elected officials in Pennsylvania due to conflicts of interest with client advocacy.
Passionate about arts in your community? We’re looking for someone like you. Our Marketing Manager will create and execute marketing plans to meet the theater’s strategic goals, and create and manage the marketing budget. They’ll handle all in-house writing including brochures, ads, emails and individual solicitation efforts. And they will coordinate with vendors for graphic design, distribution and mailing, oversee the NHT website, supervise all social media activity and analyze and evaluate metrics.
New Hazlett employees must embrace the theater’s mission and its goal to respect and present diverse artists and ideas. We are committed to eliminating bias with regard to race, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, ability, heritage, culture, religion and tradition, both on stage and off. Our staff must work to further this commitment, and will help interrupt behaviors that impede our DEAI efforts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop programmatic and institutional marketing plans to meet strategic and business goals
- Create marketing, public relations, email and social media tactics and timelines
- Create, implement, and manage the marketing budget
- Participate in branding/identity efforts with Executive Director, Board and staff
- Create neighborhood outreach strategies to benefit NHT, Northside residents and businesses
- Maintain, query and use data from marketing activity to measure performance and optimize strategic plan
- Work with members of the board of directors and on special committees of the board
- Write, edit, proofread and supervise the design of all marketing efforts
- Supervise social media calendar, content creation, engagement and management
- Produce and edit photo- and video-based promotional materials
- Serve as liaison to graphic designer and web developer; update and maintain web site content; manage web site updates
- Source vendors; coordinate media buys and printing/distribution of marketing materials
- Partner with artists to gather information and promote events, finding ways for their voices to be represented throughout marketing, publicity, and community engagement campaigns.
- Mentor small arts groups in appropriate marketing strategies as needed.
- Build awareness of NHT and our events by developing/maintaining relationships with local media and influencers, writing and distributing press materials, pitching editorial opportunities, maintaining online listings, and soliciting media sponsorships
- Coordinate with Development Manager on design and messaging for fundraising activities including special events, annual appeals, and online campaigns
- Collaborate with Development Manager to create and solicit marketing sponsorships, oversee implementation, and sustain sponsor relationships
- Guarantee a high quality patron experience by ensuring accurate and efficient operation of all box office functions
- Supervise the Digital Marketing/Box Office Specialist
Note: Our job descriptions are general overviews. If you feel passionate about the arts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you.
- Five years’ marketing experience
- Demonstration of successful development/execution of marketing strategy and budget management
- Ability to analyze and present data from marketing campaigns across all platforms
- Experience with CRM software is required
- Some supervisory experience is required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills; exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and reprioritize
- Ability to quickly identify and provide recommendations on issues
- Highly motivated and calm under pressure
- Must be willing and able to make decisions on behalf of the Theater with confidence
- Aptitude to easily learn new software applications
- Familiarity with Mail Chimp/Constant Contact, Word Press helpful
- Experience with box office or ticketing software a plus
- Design skills and proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, some HTML and CSS a plus
Travel Requirements: Access to reliable transportation necessary for local travel, as needed
Physical, mental demands and working conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- An employee in this position works in an office environment. Office equipment will be operated as part of this job.
- The position frequently requires the employee to communicate well with others both inside and outside the theater (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email).
- The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g. computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and coordinate with multiple individuals to complete essential tasks.
- An employee in this position is required to move throughout the workplace, write and/or type and communicate effectively.
Working Hours: Flexible schedule; requires one evening or weekend shift each week. Attendance at meetings and special events, including evenings and weekends, is expected on occasion.
Number of Direct Reports: 1 full-time direct report
Compensation: Compensation for this full-time, exempt position is $45,000-$50,000 plus a comprehensive benefit plan offering health, dental and vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and paid time off.
The New Hazlett Theater is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
Employment is contingent upon your successful completion of a professional, educational and criminal background check. At the time of employment, you must also present documentation indicating that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter and three writing samples as well as prior marketing assets and campaign results to email@example.com. No phone calls please.