As one of the world’s oldest and largest fair trade organizations, Ten Thousand Villages has spent more than 60 years cultivating trading relationships in which artisans receive a fair price for their work and consumers have access to distinctive handcrafted items. Ten Thousand Villages establishes long-term buying relationships in places where skilled artisans are under- or unemployed, and in which they lack other opportunities for income. A founding member of the World Fair Trade Organization, Ten Thousand Villages sees fair trade as an alternative approach to conventional international trade.
Ten Thousand Villages Pittsburgh is an independent nonprofit that sells Ten Thousand Villages products and shares the company name, but the Pittsburgh board operates separately of Ten Thousand Villages US leadership. In addition to governance, the board is also heavily involved in many aspects of operations, including managing bank accounts, approving expenses, creating the annual budget, devising policies, implementing advertising and marketing plans, organizing events, pursuing grant opportunities, and more.
The board currently has openings for board directors and committee members with experience and expertise in the following:
- Human Resources
- Retail Operations
The full Board of Directors typically meets on the third Wednesday of every month (except July and December) at 6:30PM. During normal operations, the meeting takes place at the store located at 5820 Forbes Ave in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood and regular in-person attendance is expected of directors. In an average month, board service will require 4-10 hours of directors. Terms are three years and directors are not required to make financial contributions though they are expected to support fundraising initiatives.
Board committees meet as needed, typically once per month and often by telephone or video conference. There is not a term duration for committee members.
If you are interested in joining the Ten Thousand Villages Pittsburgh Board of Directors, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary: The Corporate Communications and Engagement Specialist is a new position in the Vincentian corporate office dedicated to the curation, development, and dissemination of corporate communications throughout the organization. This transformative position will be responsible for elevating communications to internal audiences, creating and implementing cutting-edge digital channels, overhauling traditional communications and marketing materials, and increasing employee and resident/family engagement across the organization. Innovative storytelling, empathic, writing tone, and concise, creative delivery of complex information to a variety of audiences are essential to this role.
The right person for this position is passionate about developing organizational culture and effectively leverages their communications expertise to drive culture change and engagement. They are a master storyteller, highly adept at crafting compelling stories and narratives, and ultimately connecting with people on a deeper level through their work. They will develop a person-centered organizational voice for all Vincentian audiences, select and publicize informative content that engages each audience, and push the limits for how corporate communications is defined.
It is the duty of all employees to promote and support a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Synthesizes complex concepts into clear, concise, user-centered content to be deployed within a variety of audiences across all Vincentian communications channels. Utilizes visuals, photography, and video to create compelling messaging that drives the intended effect.
- Establishes a person-centered organizational voice for all Vincentian audiences, incorporating person-centered care philosophies into communications standards as part of a multidisciplinary initiative to impact organizational culture.
- Works independently and efficiently under multiple time-sensitive deadlines, reprioritizing projects as needed and maintaining a consistent high-quality body of work with minimal supervision.
- Regularly generates creative ideas, staying informed of current trends and evidence-based communications practices to continuously evolve corporate communications, continually improving reach and impact.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders throughout the organization to develop content and materials that align with the corporate standards and voice of Vincentian.
- Be Vincentian’s social ambassador, demonstrating a penchant for meeting new people and evangelizing amazing stories through multiple marketing, communications and public relations channels.
- Responsible for managing Vincentian’s digital content and presence across all corporate communication channels (e.g. websites, social media, email, digital signage, etc.), publishing engaging, informative, and compelling content with timely relevance that can be deployed across a wide range of internal and external communications and public relations channels.
- Develops and organizes comprehensive calendar of a corporate communications plan, identifying deliverables across all channels, managing each project, and assuring deadlines are met.
- Assists in the development, execution and evaluation of multichannel corporate communications, marketing, public relations, and sales plan.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility, identifying cost-savings opportunities without sacrificing quality; assists in the development and maintenance of the departmental budget.
- Assists with planning, execution and staffing of events which may occur on nights and weekends, documenting events through photos, videos, and social media posts.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality and discretion with sensitive business, personnel, and HIPAA information.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Mission – the individual is committed to the Mission and Values of the Vincentian System. (Mission)
- Analytical – the individual is able to prioritize work through analysis and understanding of diverse information. (Judgment)
- Technological Skills- the individual has proficiency in Microsoft Office, computer literacy, computer keyboarding skills and knowledge of basic office equipment. (Job Knowledge)
- Professional –the individual exhibits a professional manner, is dependable and relates well to others including management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. (Professionalism)
- Confidentiality – the individual acts appropriately and responds effectively to all sensitive and confidential situations, inquiries or complaints. (Corporate Compliance/Confidentiality)
- Integrity – the individual possesses high ethical standards when dealing with others including management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. (Work Ethic)
- Ethical – the individual complies with the Code of Ethical Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Plan and demonstrates this to others at all times. (Corporate Compliance/Confidentiality)
- Problem Solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. (Problem Solving and Decision Making)
- Communication Skills – the individual writes and speaks clearly in completing assignments within the scope of their job responsibilities. (Communication)
- Interpersonal Skills – the individual is able to effectively work with others in a team-oriented environment and effectively interact with fellow employees in both favorable and unfavorable circumstances. (Interpersonal Skills)
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. (Initiative)
- Adaptability – the individual is easily adaptable in the work environment and is able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events. (Productivity/Efficiency)
- Compliance – the individual complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations to which the facilities are held responsible. (Corporate Compliance/Confidentiality)
- Quality Management – the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. (Quality)
- Safety and Security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes and complies with all safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly. (Safety)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Coursework in Communications, English, Journalism, Organizational Development, Marketing and/or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a related area and/or role. Proven ability in creating professional communications for a variety of audiences in multiple mediums across both print and digital. Experience with digital platforms and social media preferred. Experience bringing up an intranet and/or employee engagement app a plus.
- Exemplary written communication and grammar skills, excellent verbal communication skills, and expert ability to quickly and effectively tailor all types of communication.
- Passion to develop a culture of engagement and excellence; champion the Vincentian movement.
- Ability to connect with and tell the stories of a wide audience spectrum, quickly developing interpersonal relationships that translate into powerful stories, and demonstrating commitment to diversity in all forms.
- Knowledge and curiosity in the most current thinking in the fields of communications, marketing, person-centered delivery systems, and organizational development.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving; ability to assess organizational needs and develop creatively effective plans to address those needs.
- Highly flexible, independent self-starter; able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize, and carry out multiple detailed tasks.
- Strong project management, planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Proficient in using and managing digital media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, website content management) and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with photo and video editing PC software. Highly competent with general computer use.
Working conditions include normal indoor temperatures. There may also be times when employees perform duties outdoors. Depending on the season, outdoor temperatures will vary.
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Selected candidates will need to successfully complete pre-hire testing including, a drug test, physical exam, TB test and background check.
Reports To: Chief of External Affairs
Responsibilities: The Marketing & Communications Specialist is an essential member of the External Affairs team at Adagio Health, and works collaboratively to support the organization’s Marketing, Communications, Development, Advocacy and Community Outreach efforts.
- Creates content for social media and other digital initiatives, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Web, Intranet, and other interactive platforms as needed; assists with tracking all relevant metrics and measurements of social media & other digital projects’ relevance and success.
- Creates content for print including rack cards, brochures, newspaper ads, flyers, and more
- Utilizes current communications vehicles and identifies and tests emerging vehicles and technologies to better reach targeted audiences.
- Develops and executes creative projects using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Canva and/or similar design software and tools
- Brainstorms and develops new and creative growth strategies
- Works collaboratively with freelancers & contractors as needed
- Writes press releases and/or blog entries conforming to AP style where recommended
- Collaborate and supports the creation of internal communication vehicles including newsletter, employee intranet (SharePoint), and more
- Assists in the creation of significant business documents for various presentations and meetings
- Collaborates and provides support for Special Projects as needed
- Edits video and digital content
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Excellent graphic design skills and proficiency utilizing Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator,
- Photoshop and other common design and layout applications
- Proficiency in Video Editing Software
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with all levels of an organization, including senior management
- Strong understanding of organizational needs and how to leverage communications to support organizational objectives
- Keen aptitude for a variety of current and emerging technologies including but not limited to social media and web platforms, along with demonstrated ability to create and push out relevant content via a variety of potential external communications streams, and to track initiatives using appropriate and accurate metrics for each platform.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Excel
- Excellent collaboration, multitasking, organizational, research/interviewing, writing, grammar, and interpersonal skills
- Must have valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
UPMC is hiring a full-time Digital and Web Specialist to support Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation. Looking for a rewarding career while helping to make a difference for children and their families? Join our team today!
- Maintaining individual accountability for security controls and measures, actively protecting sensitive, classified, and confidential information
- Serving as liaison between the Foundation and the hospital’s information technology department
- Developing policies and procedures and managing the implementation and ongoing activities related to integrated transaction processing between online donations, member profile updates, events, and event payment/registration with the Foundation donor database
- Establishing and maintaining a user-friendly platform for P2P community fundraising
- Working with the direct response marketing team to develop systems and practices related to direct response marketing campaigns
- Working on the marketing and communications team on digital design and user experience best practices, maintaining style standards and corporate branding across all digital communications platforms
- Working independently and with the Foundation’s external web vendor on web development, troubleshooting, problem analysis, debugging, and resolution of system issues
- Managing the Foundation’s internal digital capabilities and staying current with emerging technologies and trends, making recommendations for how these technologies could be used to enhance organizational web and digital infrastructure
- Strategizing the best digital solutions for current and future fundraising initiatives and for the Foundation as a whole
- Day-to-day web and email maintenance, including but not limited to: Maintaining and creating donation forms. Maintaining and creating campaign and event pages. Building and sending an average of 15-20 emails per month. Web and email customization
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts degree or technical school degree in web design
- Proficient in Windows operating system and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge and/or experience with nonprofit-oriented online fundraising platforms such as Classy, Kimbia, Network for Good, etc. required.
- Experience with BlackBaud products, including NetCommunity, Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Interest in marketing, communications, and establishing and maintaining the Foundation’s brand
- Strong understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that site will adhere to them
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to be entrusted with personal and confidential information and make ethical decisions while being sensitive to the nature of pediatric health care
Riverlife envisions a Pittsburgh where thriving world-class riverfronts are essential to the region and belong to everyone. Our mission is to create, activate, and celebrate Pittsburgh’s riverfronts, connecting people through exceptional places and experiences.
Riverlife works with developers, land owners, neighborhood groups, and elected officials on issues of riverfront design, access, amenities and programming in Pittsburgh and throughout the region.
The Communications and Outreach Internship at Riverlife will provide practical hands-on training and experience while assisting Riverlife in achieving long-term objectives. The Communications and Outreach Intern is responsible for managing and creating content for Riverlife’s social media accounts under the direction of senior staff. The Intern will also assist in planning Riverlife’s annual fundraiser event, Party at the Pier, and other organizational events.
This is a part-time, seasonal internship requiring 15-20 hours/week between October 2020 – January 2021. Due to preventative measures around COVID-19, the majority of this position will be completed remotely or out in the field, though some tasks are required to take place at the Riverlife offices following the organization’s health and safety guidelines.
Key Responsibilities and Qualifications include:
- Further developing the organization’s social media voice by writing and publishing original content on Riverlife’s Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram accounts.
- Use social media to highlight Pittsburgh’s riverfront transformation and positive organizational accomplishments.
- Develop and implement a strategy for growing audience engagement.
- Manage a budget for paid promoted posts and related campaigns.
- Assist senior staff in advance planning for Riverlife’s annual fundraiser event Party at the Pier, including sponsorship development and tracking, virtual and in-person event contingency planning, theme and marketing development, committee member outreach, list management, and more.
- Assist in developing and implementing additional virtual and in-person community programs and riverfront activation programming, including riverfront pop-up events, health and wellness programs, public art initiatives and other activities to advance Riverlife’s mission.
- Assist with end-of-year fundraising campaign development, tracking gifts, coordinating mailings, acknowledgement letters and other related tasks.
- Attend required meetings; assist with note taking and preparing materials for reports.
- Maintain organizational records and files, including Customer Relationship Management database.
- Conduct research on social media, marketing, and development platforms and trends and report out to senior staff.
- Assist with online file server data migration by performing data cleanup and organization for Riverlife projects and programs.
- Assist with Riverlife office move, particularly with scanning, organizing, and packing files.
- Assist other staff members with day-to-day office administration as needed.
Other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience & Abilities:
- Background or demonstrated interest in urban planning, landscape architecture, urban design, environmental studies, community and economic development, and/or riverfront improvement projects
- Prior professional experience posting and promoting original and engaging content on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Prior experience planning special events
- Excellent writing skills for both professional and social media audiences
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and data entry; CRM experience a bonus
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or similar photo editing and design programs
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar website content management systems
- Photography, video editing and/or graphic design skills a plus
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required to help produce special events; Riverlife follows Allegheny County regulations and CDC guidelines for social distancing and in-person event limitations to prevent the spread of infectious disease.
- Light physical activity, including some lifting of items up to 25 lbs., may be requested
This is a part-time, seasonal internship and reports to the Vice President, Communications and Outreach. The stipend for the Internship is $4,000, paid in 4 equal installments.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, one sample of professional or academic writing, and two samples of writing or posts intended for a social media audience, to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Riverlife is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Since 1991, Friends of the Riverfront has worked to protect and restore the riverfront in the Pittsburgh region through trail development and stewardship after decades of legacy pollution. The Three Rivers Heritage Trail now encompasses nearly 33 miles of urban and suburban riverfront trails along both banks of the Allegheny, Monongahela, and Ohio rivers. Through broad and diverse collaborations, we continue to work towards and promote environmental restoration, economic vitality, and public health benefits for Allegheny County and Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Friends of the Riverfront’s mission is to expand, connect and enhance the Three Rivers Heritage Trail and Water Trail systems along our three rivers. We engage and provide trail development assistance to river communities, supporting greater connectivity to the rivers and communities, while being a catalyst for economic growth. We also manage a robust trail stewardship program that works year-round to ensure that our trails and riverfronts are clean and safe for trail users.
Friends of the Riverfront is seeking candidates for the Board of Directors that will advocate and help advance the mission of this great organization. Board members serve three-year terms and are charged with the overall governance and oversight of the organization. We recognize that Board Members are a valuable volunteer asset to the organization each bringing unique talents and skillsets.
Currently, the board is seeking individuals with expertise in law, development, and fundraising, but we are open to many other skillsets and perspectives. Friends of the Riverfront does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical disability, veteran’s status, political service or affiliation, color, religion, or national origin. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
To express interest as a candidate or enquire further, please contact Executive Director, Kelsey Ripper, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412.488.0212.
January 2021 -December 2023 Term Board of Directors Position Description
Assemble, a nonprofit dedicated to fostering learning and creativity is searching for committed and enthusiastic individuals to join its Board of Directors. Ambassadors of Assemble, Board Members provide leadership in the oversight and execution of Assemble’s strategic plan in a volunteer, yet purposeful, capacity. It is important that they share Assemble’s vision for arts, STEAM education, the Maker movement, and community outreach. Board candidates should be ready to work collaboratively as part of a working Board while striving to become a governing Board. Board Members are required to participate in at least one committee, each of which meets on a monthly basis or as needed.
Vision: Assemble envisions neighborhoods of empowered, diverse people who create, connect, learn, and transform together.
Mission: We build confidence through making by uniting communities of artists, technologies, makers, and learners.
Assemble’s Board Members serve 3-year terms and are eligible for reappointment for additional 1-year terms for a total of 6 years. Board meetings are held 6 times a year on the odd-numbered months. Board Members are required to attend — either in-person or virtually — all 6 of the Board meetings and the Board Retreat in addition to the committee meetings. Board Members are expected to consider Assemble to be a philanthropic priority and to make annual gifts that reflect that priority.
Special consideration will be given to candidates who possess any of the following qualifications:
- Dedication towards Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, Inclusion, and Justice practices
- Identifying as BIPOC, LGBTIQIA+, or as an intersectional person of oppressed identities
- Experience or skills in one or more:
- Legal expertise for nonprofit organizations
- Event planning, donor fundraising, and grant-writing
- Human resources management and procedures
- Non-profit accounting, finance, and experience setting up an endowment fund
- Operations, policy development, and public health expertise
- Strategic communications and marketing Experience
- Leadership for strategic planning for growth and succession experience
- Education management experience
- Interest in taking a lead in event planning for fundraising and an ability to host creative fund- and friend-raiser events
- Interest and ability to build Assemble’s family of supporters, fans, and participants
- Connections to the Garfield/Friendship/Bloomfield community as a resident or via allied organizations
- Connections to the Technology, Art, and Creative Industries and connections for corporate support
IIf you have questions regarding a position or the commitment involved, please contact Brett Fulesday, Board President, at email@example.com. If you are interested in joining Assemble’s Board of Directors or a committee, please send an email of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. If you are interested in learning more about Assemble, please join us for a Virtual meet and mix event on Wednesday Oct 21 at 6pm. RSVP here: http://bit.ly/assembleBoardMixer
The Marketing & Communications Assistant is responsible for assisting with Lawrenceville Corporation (LC) marketing and communications strategies. The Marketing & Communications Assistant represents the LC in interactions with the community and assists the LC staff in duties that include community event planning, production of communications tools (web, e-mail & print), administration of the membership program and database, and general LC operations and administration. The Marketing & Communications Assistant reports to the Business District Manager. Lawrenceville Corporation staff is currently working remotely. This is a regular part-time position, approx. 15 hours/week. The salary for the position is $20/ hour.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs duties and responsibilities that may include the following tasks:
Marketing & Communications
- Assist with production and distribution of marketing and advertising materials including electronic communications, program brochures, letters, fliers, postcards, etc., collaborating with LC staff, local businesses, community organizations, and professional designers as appropriate.
- Implement LC’s social media plan.
- Develop, write and design regular e-newsletters for distribution to a variety of audiences including funders, business owners, residents, shoppers and others.
- Maintain lvpgh.com website, including regular posts and updates, events calendar, business directory, and other features.
- Assist with enrolling Lawrenceville businesses in a new virtual business directory and e-commerce platform hosted on LC’s website.
- Develop and write original content for press releases and fact sheets on various aspects of the LC’s work.
Build and maintain working relationships with editorial staff and reporters from local and regional media outlets.
- Work with Business District Manager to plan and execute various virtual and/or socially distant and small-scale events, including holiday season shop small initiatives, sidewalk sales, pop-up shops, and more.
- Serve as community event liaison between the LC and local businesses, community organizations, designers, publications, vendors, etc.
- Provide administrative event support including creating and tracking budgets, event registration, implementing marketing plan including social media promotion, collateral material design, ad buys, etc., assist with event logistics.
- Attendance at events required, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Assist LC staff with day to day office administration.
- Maintain well organized paper and digital records, files and databases for members, funders, businesses, media, events, etc. Attend required committee and board meetings; assist with the taking of minutes, preparing of reports and setting of agendas.
Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Marketing and two or more years of experience in communications, marketing and event management.
- Familiarity with the Lawrenceville community; knowledge of community and small business development a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Professional writing experience preferred. Understanding of the publication process from initial design to printing and distribution.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel for work-related functions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Google Apps for Business, database management.
- Positive and professional attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytic, conceptual, planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small non-profit environment.
Email a resume and cover letter to Rachel Webber, Business District Manager, at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Interviews will be held via Zoom.
The Social Media Manager will report to the Assistant Provost for Strategic Communication and be a key member of the communications team. This position is responsible for establishing, organizing and managing social media accounts/channels for the Office of the Provost, as well as preparing and populating content for those channels on behalf of the office. The role will support the priorities of the Provost, beginning with targeted support of the office’s diversity initiatives, especially those developed to promote and celebrate diverse faculty members. This requires the ability to build productive, collaborative relationships within the Office of the Provost team as well across University units and with external media partners to create and implement timely and effective social communications. Demonstrated expertise related to social media planning, management, communication, analytics, and search engine optimization is essential for success in this position.
In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media channels and their audiences, and the ability to develop targeted messages to engage them.
For 36 years, Pittsburgh Youth Chorus (PYC) has been a leader in vocal music education in the Pittsburgh region. Serving approximately 170 students in year-round programming and 200 more through special events, we strive to inspire and empower the young singers who participate in our programs, preparing them for lives of personal and public leadership.
PYC seeks a full-time Manager of Marketing & Development to begin in November or December 2020. This new position will fulfill a crucial role in PYC’s strategy for expanding the visibility of our programs, building a strong family of individual donors, and increasing equitable access for Pittsburgh’s young people. Training and support will be provided by the current Manager of Marketing & Communications, the Executive Director, and the Chair of the Board Development Committee.
Pittsburgh Youth Chorus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our people and work. We actively seek diverse candidates and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, (dis)ability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Qualified candidates, please email a cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Lee Saville-Iksic.
- Job Type/Schedule: Full-Time/Exempt, occasional evening and weekend hours
- Compensation: $44,000 annual salary, health care benefits, paid-time off
- Location: Office is located in Downtown Pittsburgh; team is currently working remotely
- Reporting Relationship(s): Reports to Executive Director
- Application Deadline: Accepting applications through October 20, 2020, or until position is filled
QUALIFICATIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Sincere belief in the importance of music education
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while generating high-quality and highly accurate products
- Ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with others
- Positive attitude and the ability to engage and motivate others
- Ability to analyze data for trends and outliers
- 1-3 years’ experience in arts and/or nonprofit administration preferred
- Development or sales experience preferred
- Some experience with graphic design, website design, and/or publishing preferred
- Ability to operate in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners and filing cabinets; the person in this position regularly sits in front of a computer or at a desk/table, stands in front of a copier machine, and occasionally must bend forward, crouch, and lift/push/pull up to 30 lbs.
- Computer proficiency (and ability to learn new programs quickly) required
- Act 33/34 clearances and FBI background check (may obtain after hire)
Marketing & Communications
- Coordinate the compilation and publication of the annual program booklet
- Manage PYC advertising campaigns
- Design flyers, email blasts, and graphics for merchandise and social media
- Manage Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, scheduling and posting regular content
- Maintain up-to-date information on PYC’s website and other front-facing platforms
- Maintain consistent style and branding across all PYC communications, documents, and publications
- Supervise the work of Marketing Interns when applicable
Family & Stakeholder Relations
- Organize special events for organizational family members (enrolled families, donors, volunteers, collaborators, alumni, etc.)
- Communicate regularly with organizational family about how to stay involved/in-touch with PYC
- Manage the preparation and sending of thank-you notes and gifts
- Assist with front-of-house activities on concert and event days
- Provide concierge-style service to high-level stakeholders
- Manage and maintain donor database, keeping donor information up-to-date and entering donor communications and giving history data
- Manage annual giving campaign, designing communications and maintaining giving platforms
- Use data and best practices to manage the prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship of major donors
- Engage PYC Staff and Board of Directors in PYC’s fundraising efforts and serve as an exofficio member of the Board Development and Marketing Committees
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings
- Attend other meetings as needed
- Maintain files and records (digital and hardcopy)
- Perform other duties as assigned