The Ellis School seeks an inspired, creative, and innovative thinker with a passion for providing welcoming experiences and executing top-notch events to join the school’s Marketing and Communications Office. Working closely with the Director of Strategic Marketing, Communications, and Outreach and in collaboration with key stakeholders, the Marketing and Community Outreach Manager will assist in developing short and long-term plans and strategies for outreach events while acting as both an integral part of the campus family and the school’s ambassador to the external community. In addition, this role is responsible for creating a superior experience for prospective and current families through communications and storytelling that represent Ellis’ community and identity. This includes an emphasis on accurately, effectively, and eloquently enhancing the mission and vision of the school in all marketing materials. This year-round full-time position will include independent oversight and execution of weeknight and weekend events.
- Conduct market research, identify target audiences, and collaborate with colleagues and community partners to develop and implement events that achieve marketing and recruitment goals.
- Coordinate event promotion through online calendars and event listings, advertising and sponsorships, and media alerts
- Assist with writing, editing, and the distribution of marketing materials and content.
- Capture and promote key events and activities. Curate photos/videos as needed for print, digital marketing/social media purposes.
- Develop and update online marketing content including writing, photo selection, and technical implementation.
- Positively interact with event attendees, treating them with respect and providing warm, courteous, and professional communications to ensure events are engaging, inclusive, welcoming, safe, tidy, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Network with and assist in supporting the strategic goals of the Ellis Parent Association while identifying opportunities to leverage word-of-mouth marketing within the community.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of work experience preferably in marketing, outreach, event planning, or a similar field
- Experience in an education setting or independent school strongly preferred
- Passionate about all-girls education and the mission of the school
- Community connector who believes in the power of leveraging networks to build relationships
- Proactive communicator and understands the importance of keeping colleagues, internal and external stakeholders, and one’s supervisor well-informed about project progress
- High level of initiative, proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team, exceptional organizational and time-management skills, and an ability to plan ahead and work within tight deadlines
- The ability to collaborate with others, showing outstanding judgment with a high level of energy, creativity, and flexibility
- Familiarity with web-based design tools, Google Drive, and project management tools (Asana)
- Humble enough to ask questions but willing to do their own research first
- Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Robust Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
- Reduced Summer Hours
- Employer Retirement Plan Match
- Tuition Remission
- On-site Day Care
- Technology Discounts and Loans
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Preference will be given to candidates who apply by September 20, 2021.
Mission statement: The Ellis School educates girls and young women to become bold, authentic, and intellectually vibrant changemakers.
The Ellis School does not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation in employment. We do not discriminate in student recruitment, admissions, financial aid, or any other aspect of the School’s program, except on the basis of age and gender identity in fulfillment of the School’s mission.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Strong Women, Strong Girls is seeking a full-time Communications Manager to conduct communications, marketing and PR activities on behalf of the organization. This position will report to the Managing Director and work directly with the CEO and Directors Team to identify, build, and execute communications strategy for the entire organization, including both Boston and Pittsburgh SWSG locations.
Candidates should be based in either Boston or Pittsburgh, be willing to travel to the opposite city 2-5 times annually, and be willing to travel locally within the work day for content gathering or stakeholder meetings. Evening and/or weekend work will be required 1-3 days per month.
- Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including press releases, blog posts and social media content, as well as some print content
- Manage SWSG’s website in WordPress, including all content needs and sourcing web development needs when necessary
- Manage 5 primary social media accounts (2 Boston, 2 Pittsburgh, 1 National), including content promotion and follower interactions
- Manage Mailchimp account, including creating email campaigns for all organizational needs, including program recruitment, event registration, and fundraising
- Support the fundraising & development team with all communications needs surrounding fundraising campaigns throughout the year
- Support team members in event promotion throughout the year, including registration page creation and marketing
- Support SWSG’s program team with materials creation for programmatic needs, including editing and formatting curriculum documents and recruitment materials creation
- Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns
- Ensure that all communications and marketing material aligns with brand standards
- Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos
- Liaise with the board Communications Committee, as well as organizational leadership, to develop and execute on an annual communications strategy
- Attend SWSG events to gather content that reflects the scope of SWSG’s program offerings
- Respond to media inquiries and perform media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications
- Develop and execute on escalation protocols for managing communication crises, should they arise
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- An unwavering commitment to the mission of Strong Women, Strong Girls
- Familiarity with and/or experience working in the nonprofit sector and/or youth development/mentoring organizations is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years prior experience in a communications or marketing role (or equivalent experience)
- Understanding of the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to compose engaging and accurate content
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, and Canva
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Illustrator strongly preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Commensurate w/ experience & geographic market (Include salary requirements in application)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
SWSG is a multi-generational mentoring organization dedicated to building relationships between professional women, college women, and elementary school girls. Strong Women, Strong Girls provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as received. Applications consist of a cover letter describing the candidate’s interest and qualifications and listing salary requirements, and a resume (in Word or PDF format) emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter your first name, last name and “Communications Manager” in the subject line. OPTIONAL: Applications may include a published writing sample, if desired.
Job Description: Marketing & Communications Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
City of Bridges CLT (CBCLT) is committed to equitable, sustainable, and permanently affordable development. The mission of City of Bridges CLT is to build community ownership that preserves permanent affordability, empowers individuals, and ensures responsible growth and stewardship. We envision diverse communities where people thrive, build wealth, establish roots, and foster community ties without risk of displacement. As we undertake this important work, we will strive to live our shared values of sustainability, equity, and inclusion and build an effective organizational model for the delivery and stewardship of permanently affordable space.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for producing high quality communication(s) to elevate CBCLT’s work to create permanently affordable homes through a lens of economic and racial justice. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of CBCLT’s marketing and communications strategies and reports directly to the Executive Director. CBCLT is a team environment, and this position will work closely with CBCLT’s Stewardship & Community Engagement Manager to support community engagement initiatives and homeowner communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs duties and responsibilities that may include the following tasks:
Marketing & Communications
- Serve as strategic communications thought partner to the CBCLT leadership to ensure messaging is consistent with and supports CBCLT’s strategy and mission.
- Carry out marketing and communications strategies that promote and elevate City of Bridges CLT to local, regional, and national audiences.
- Develop and implement marketing and social media plans
- Analyze, understand, interpret and report on Google analytics, trends and social media impressions for the organization
- Serve as brand steward for City of Bridges CLT.
- Work collaboratively with staff to identify and share tools, resources, and articles that further the cause of Housing and Economic Justice
- Oversee design, production and distribution of digital and print marketing materials and organizational collateral.
- Develop and write content for blog posts, social media, e-newsletters, press releases, and factsheets on various aspects of CBCLT’s work.
- Manage content on City of Bridges CLT website, social media, and e-newsletter accounts.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media and social media opportunities, coordinating with the appropriate staff to organize and prepare supporting material as needed. Build and maintain working relationships with editorial staff and reporters from local, regional, and national media outlets.
Community Outreach and Member Relations
- Plan and implement CBCLT’s Annual Membership Meeting by coordinating event logistics; managing ticket sales; ensuring efficient event-day processes and procedures; and monitoring event budget.
- Collaborate with CBCLT staff to support and grow City of Bridges’ membership and sponsorship programs.
- Support planning, promoting, coordination, and staffing of community meetings and events, including some evenings and weekends.
- Build and maintain relationships with CBCLT members and other stakeholders and constituents.
- Attend required staff, committee and board meetings; assist with the taking of minutes, preparing of reports, and setting of agendas.
- Assist other members staff with day-to-day office administration.
- Maintain well organized paper and digital records, files and databases.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Abilities
- 2 or more years of experience in communications, marketing, and community outreach.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Google Apps for Business, and database management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Editing, proofreading, and layout and design skills are essential
- Experience with graphic design for print and the web.
- Previous social media and website management experience.
- Familiarity with the Community Land Trusts and affordable housing programs a plus.
- Positive and professional attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work with diverse population.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small non-profit environment.
- An understanding of social service work, community building and organizing and advocacy.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change, flexible working in a fast-paced, nonprofit environment.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a full-time exempt position and repots to the Executive Director. The salary range is $46,000 – $50,000. City of Bridges CLT offers excellent employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plan contribution, and paid holidays and sick leave.
City of Bridges is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=communications+and+marketing+manager&jk=38461bc52f847f76&_ga=2.233158682.585841865.1630626836-1979292228.1627148638&_gac=1.53543386.1627353910.CjwKCAjwuvmHBhAxEiwAWAYj-GRb5GESaLmKU4LSo9WlblCzF8vtjSsRgg15FGZejC28q-KTs7OyPBoCQf8QAvD_BwE
Additional Information about CBCLT:
CBCLT was incorporated in October 2019. To date CBCLT has overseen nearly $6,000,000 of single-family housing development, created 14 permanently affordable homes, and created homeownership opportunities for 16 low and moderate-income first-time homeowners. Additionally, CBCLT has projects in predevelopment that would create 38 permanently affordable homes over the next 18 months in 9 different communities.
This description is a summary of the functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed. The CBCLT reserves the right to review and adjust this job description as business needs dictate.
The Global Switchboard seeks a full-time Communications Manager to lead the organization’s communication strategy.
This position is fully remote; candidates in, or familiar with, Pittsburgh preferred.
The Global Switchboard is a nonprofit organization that stewards a diverse network of people and organizations to transform the Pittsburgh region into a more globally engaged and equitable community. Through the convening of action-oriented coalitions, a slate of programs, and a data-driven State of Equitable Global Engagement project, the Switchboard helps us bring people together, encourage collaboration, and support our network.
The Communications Manager will work in partnership with The Global Switchboard leadership team to design, implement, and manage a comprehensive, integrated, and deliberate communications and digital presence strategy for the organization. A successful candidate is someone who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- Work with the Executive Director to craft a comprehensive communications strategy for The Global Switchboard and our coalitions.
- Work with the Executive Director to strategize and design the organization’s future digital presence including websites and the Switchboard Digital Hub.
- Craft a consistent messaging strategy that tells the comprehensive story of the organization and can be carried out by team members. Core communications outputs include, but are not limited to social media, monthly newsletter, press releases, etc.
- Manage the The Global Switchboard and All for All Coalition websites
- Work with the Coalition Manager and Operations Manager to coordinate communications across coalitions.
- Work with the Executive Director and Operations Manager to craft the messaging and narrative component of the State of Equitable Global Engagement project.
- Work with the Executive Director on grant proposals and reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to work and coordinate with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams in a remote, virtual environment
- Excellent time management, priority-setting skills
- Work independently, as well as part of a team
- Creative thinking with the ability to think outside of the box and problem solve
- High attention to detail
- High degree of flexibility
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing.
- Proficient with website design and construction, email marketing, and design software.
- Experience with WordPress and MailChimp preferred.
This position is fully remote; candidates in, or familiar with, Pittsburgh preferred.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary range is $37-$45K /year with a competitive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision and a generous schedule of paid vacation and holidays.
The Global Switchboard’s compensation philosophy serves as a demonstration of the organization’s commitment to transparency and its employees. Starting salaries ranges are based on a review of comparable positions in nonprofits in Allegheny County.
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, relevant work samples, and 3 references to email@example.com
The Global Switchboard is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. Each person is evaluated on the basis of personal skill and merit. The Global Switchboard’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, job assignments, promotions, working conditions, scheduling, benefits, wage and salary administration, disciplinary action, termination, and social, educational, and recreational programs.
Baldwin Community United Methodist Church seeks to hire a part-time (12 hours/week) Tech and Media Coordinator to implement and manage digital multimedia and audio-visual technology in live and online worship, manage technology and media throughout the ministries of the church, and own and manage the church’s online presence across platforms. Ideal applicant will have strong skills in project management and problem-solving, and will become actively engaged and involved in supporting the ministries and values of the church. A full job description can be found here. To apply, email cover letter and resume to TechMediaJob@baldwincommunityumc.com. Applications will be considered immediately.
Ten Thousand Villages Pittsburgh sells artisan-crafted home decor, personal accessories and gift items from across the globe. Featuring products from more than 130 artisan groups in some 38 countries, we are part of a network of over 390 retail outlets throughout the United States selling Ten Thousand Villages products.
Ten Thousand Villages’ mission is to create opportunities fro artisans in developing countries to earn income by bringing their products and stories to our markets through long-term fair trading relationships.
As one of the world’s oldest and largest fair trade organizations, Ten Thousand Villages has spent more than 60 years cultivating trading relationships in which artisans receive a fair price for their work and consumers have access to distinctive handcrafted items. We seek to establish long-term buying relationships in places where skilled artisans are under-or unemployed, and in which they lack other opportunities for income. A founding member of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO), Ten Thousand Villages sees fair trade as an alternative approach to conventional international trade.
Ten Thousand Villages has openings for board directors with experience and expertise in the following:
- Strategic Planning
- Human Resources
The full Board meets on the third Wednesday of every month (except July and December) at 6:30PM at the store located at 5820 Forbes Ave in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood. Committees meet as needed. Terms are three years and directors are not required to make financial contributions.
If you are interested in joining Ten Thousand Villages Pittsburgh’s Board of Directors, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Sustainable Pittsburgh we help regional decision-makers find and implement high-impact ways to build fundamentally sustainable organizations and communities, to make best practices into standard practice. We envision a thriving region where stakeholders are connected, sustainability knowledge is shared and applied, and all people can succeed.
We are a dynamic team of dedicated professionals. Through collaboration and open-mindedness, and with credibility and resourcefulness, we are making a difference for a better region and world.
The successful Communications Manager will develop and execute targeted communications plans that elevate Sustainable Pittsburgh’s work, incorporating graphic design and strategic marketing across multiple channels and ensuring consistent alignment with the values and brand of the organization.
As Communications Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the output of high quality communications, identifying strategic marketing and fundraising opportunities, and keeping senior leadership informed of trends, insights and campaign performance.
This position will work closely with Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Director of Communications and Projects and Events Coordinator as well as work with and develop trusted relationships with all Sustainable Pittsburgh team members, agency partners, and other vendors.
Provides graphic design and general support for the agency’s Marketing, Communications and Public Relations Division, with specific focus on graphic design, social media and other digital assets.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with Manager in development of short and long range goals for the JCC in keeping with the mission and annual operating plan of the agency.
- Provides graphic design support for platforms including print, social media, websites, digital advertising and email marketing.
- Demonstrates facility in graphic and layout design with Adobe CS Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Routinely photos/videos Agency activities with goal of building Agency presence on Social Media.
- Works with Marketing Team to ensure all JCC websites and Digital Signage remain current and relevant.
- Supports growth of the Agency’s online presence and provides input on creative ways to drive traffic to Agency websites.
- Works as a member of the Marketing Team to help develop marketing strategies and campaigns for agency departments and programs.
- Exhibits knowledge of graphic design, photography, digital and social marketing including production, online media, social behavior, research and analytics, and user experience.
- Demonstrated ability to remain current with appropriate design and digital communications media and formats.
- Routinely researches new technical information and recommends and implements, as needed.
- Utilizes strong marketing analytical and insights skills and assists in determining metrics, analyzing data, creating reports, assessing campaign performance and optimization.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with email service providers, social media platforms, digital advertising tools, and content curation.
- Excels in a team environment; demonstrates strong collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage and balance a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment under tight time constraints.
- Maintains a high degree of organization and attention to details. Ability to manage and balance a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment under tight time constraints.
- Ensures adherence to agency core values of respect, kindness, character and community within both staff culture and program development.
- Recognizes that the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh gathers individuals representing diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and practices.
- Creates a warm and welcoming environment.
- Maintains a high degree of organization and attention to details.
- Adheres to the Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh policies and procedures.
- Actively supports and participates in continuous intra-departmental and agency-wide quality improvement processes. “Everyone, Every Day, Closer to Better”.
- Actively promotes and maintains agency customer service standards.
- Generates necessary reports and documentation as needed and/or required.
- Working knowledge of Zoom, Microsoft applications, and back-end reporting capabilities.
- Ability to instruct older adult clients on digital devices.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate personal computers (hardware and software).
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required.
- Ability to perform other related duties, as needed and/or required.
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed.)
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field, with experience in a non-profit setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally he/she is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to obtain ACT 33/34 and FBI clearances, NSOR Certificate and mandated reporter training.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
Attn: Human Resources
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Equal Opportunity Employer
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Division: Office of Advancement
Department: Annual Giving
Colgate University, a top-ranked liberal arts college, is seeking a dynamic Director of Leadership Gifts to play an integral role in building and driving a successful leadership gifts program.
Founded in 1819, Colgate is a small, highly selective residential liberal arts college for students of talent who are preparing for lives of leadership and productive citizenship. Colgate University enjoys a strong tradition of philanthropy and engagement, having successfully raised over $480 million from more than 34,500 community members during Passion for The Climb: The Campaign for Colgate, completed in 2012. On an annual basis, more than 56% of Colgate’s alumni engage with the University through philanthropy, volunteering, or engaging at online and in person programs, including signature events like Reunion that draws in more than 2500 alumni and guests. This tradition of philanthropy paired with strong levels of alumni affinity position Colgate well for even greater success, as the Vice President and his team prepare to lead the community into an historic and comprehensive campaign.
At this pivotal moment in the University’s history, Colgate is seeking a Director of Leadership Gifts to build and drive a leadership gifts program. The person in this role will be responsible for recruiting and motivating a leadership gifts team and will be responsible for cultivating a portfolio of leadership giving prospects with the capability to contribute up to $20,000 annually. The person in this position will play a key role in driving significant support for the Colgate Fund, the University’s unrestricted fund. In each of the past several years, the University has secured record breaking levels of Colgate Fund support. The successful candidate will possess strong management, communication and customer service skills, and demonstrate a strong understanding and proven track record of success in fundraising and/or sales, preferably in a higher education setting.
Accountable for providing effective supervision of leadership gifts staff including the appropriate distribution of work assignments, accurate and timely performance assessments and feedback, strong mentoring and professional development support, and appropriate administration of office operations and personnel management procedures.
Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with leadership gift constituents as assigned to increase levels of engagement, annual giving, and campaign support utilizing effective prospect qualification, cultivation, and solicitation strategies.
Responsible for demonstrating respect for people and their differences as well as the benefits of a diverse workforce, and the value of open and collegial dialogue.
Accountable for utilizing established performance metrics, including visits and virtual connections, proposals, and effective stewardship contacts to monitor and support staff achievement. Responsible for overseeing the creation of quality proposals for support and the effective forms of presentation and follow up that maximizes donor support. Responsible for effectively accessing and navigating relevant technology systems used in advancement, and utilizing data as a resource in decision-making while maintaining respect for the security of private or confidential information.
Responsible for developing strong working relationships with Office of Advancement colleagues, University administrators, faculty and staff to professionally address both opportunities and concerns.
5-7 years experience in higher education fundraising, sales, marketing, or non-profit management or a related field with a preference for experience in educational fundraising.
Demonstrated ability to build, manage, mentor, and guide a growing team of professionals.
The professionalism, insight and sound judgment necessary for interacting with board, trustees, administrative and academic leadership, faculty, and staff.
An understanding of the important role of diversity, inclusion, and equity to institutional advancement.
Ability to operate independently, exercise sound judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
Ability to collaborate closely with colleagues in development and across departments.
Proficiency in CRMs and/or databases is required. Experience with Blackbaud products appreciated.
Strategic planning, organizational, administrative and budgetary experience
Willingness to travel is a must.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
Colgate has a diverse student, faculty, staff, and alumni population representing a variety of races, gender identities, social economic status, sexual orientations, languages, national origins, etc. Our https://www.colgate.edu/about/third-century-plan/plan-diversity-equity-and-inclusion presents a framework for continuing the creation of an inclusive campus and engaging the Colgate community in this effort in the years ahead.
Please describe how you would connect and work with a diverse community. You can upload the statement under the Diversity Statement document heading. For information on how to write a diversity statement, see our https://www.colgate.edu/sites/default/files/2021-06/Some-Guidance-on-Crafting-Diversity-Statements-Colgate.pdf.
Weekdays with occasional evenings, overnights and weekends.
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at email@example.com. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: https://www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/2460579
Market Research Volunteer
The candidate selected for this position must be qualified for and interested in leading marketing research design, planning, implementation, and analysis. Goal of the research is to determine Awaken Pittsburgh’s ideal target market, and identify the best price point for mindfulness courses and other offerings.
Awaken Pittsburgh, a non-profit 501(c)(3) formed in 2016, is a growing, energetic, secular organization that draws upon the wisdom of mindfulness and meditation to teach lifelong self-regulation skills that have the power to transform lives. Its evidence-based curricula and programming serve students, educators, those in recovery, social services and mental health professionals, corporations, and any other individual or organization seeking to gain clarity, focus, renewal, and improved health and wellbeing.
Working closely with Awaken Pittsburgh’s Executive Director and Marketing Committee, the Volunteer will focus on future growth and help us achieve our mission and vision. See our web site at www.awakenpittsburgh.org for more.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing, executing and managing the Market Research function for Awaken Pittsburgh, including reviewing and analyzing metrics to better define our Go to Market strategies. Time commitment is approximately 5 hours per week.
- Monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls
- Gather data on consumers, competitors, and market conditions
- Analyze data using statistical software
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports
- Prepare reports and present results to Marketing Committee
- Use data from GoogleAds campaigns to inform our marketing strategy and gain understanding of customer demographics
Qualifications and Skills
- Analytical skills. Must be able to understand large amounts of data and information.
- Communication skills. Need strong communication skills when gathering information, interpreting data, and presenting results.
- Critical-thinking skills. Must assess all available information to determine what marketing strategy would work best.
- Detail oriented. Must be detail oriented to do precise data analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related field.
- 2+ years of non-profit or corporate experience in a Market Research role.
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is predominantly volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.