3 Rivers Wet Weather
Website 3 Rivers Wet Weather
Organization and Mission
3 Rivers Wet Weather (3RWW) is a nonprofit environmental organization created in 1998 to support 82 Allegheny County municipalities and the City of Pittsburgh in addressing the region’s wet weather overflow problem. Founded jointly by the Allegheny County Health Department (ACHD) and the Allegheny County Sanitary Authority (ALCOSAN), 3 Rivers Wet Weather has historically been funded by federal, state, and local resources, including local foundations, and is currently under a service agreement with ALCOSAN. 3RWW is committed to improving the quality of Allegheny County’s water resources by helping communities address the issue of untreated sewage and stormwater overflowing into the region’s waterways. To promote the most cost-effective, long-term, sustainable solutions, 3RWW benchmarks sewer technology, educates myriad audiences, coordinates regional approaches, and advocates for changes in public policy to support a consolidated municipal sewer collection system.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
- Promote active and broad participation by stakeholders in all areas of the organization’s work.
- Maintain a working knowledge of regional wet weather issues in southwestern Pennsylvania, including any significant developments and trends in the field.
- Collaborate with organizations, municipalities, ALCOSAN, and other regional partners in addressing wet weather challenges and working toward long-term, sustainable solutions.
- Facilitate multi-municipal collaboration and consensus-building efforts to address regional wet weather issues furthering the mission of 3 Rivers Wet Weather and supporting ALCOSAN’s Clean Water Plan for the region.
- Collaborate with the Board and staff developing a long-range strategy toward growth and expansion of 3 Rivers Wet Weather and its mission.
- Represent 3RWW— its history, accomplishments, and goals—to key audiences, including Foundations, legislators, local elected officials, community leaders, municipalities, the media, and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ensure that the Board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs, and its goals.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Ensure job descriptions are developed, regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- Build and maintain an effective operational team promoting staff development resources with opportunities for professional growth.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of professionals to collaborate with creativity and dedication to assist our stakeholders to find solutions to the economic and environmental impact of wet weather in our region.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Seven or more years of senior management experience.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience preparing and submitting grant submissions preferred.
- Proven ability to successfully and effectively work and communicate with a wide variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Collaborative experience working with Allegheny County communities preferred.
- Non-profit training and/or experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings.
- Strong public speaking ability and experience.
Submit a cover letter and resume via email to Bill Hixson, Business Operations Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Monday, October 19, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com