412 Food Rescue
Website 412 Food Rescue
Hours: Full Time – 40 hours per week
Reports To: VP of Food Rescue Operations
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Partner Experience Manager” in the subject. Applications accepted until position is filled.
About 412 Food Rescue:
412 Food Rescue is a direct response to the disconnect between the fact that we waste 40% of our food while 1 in 8 go hungry. Utilizing technology and civic engagement, 412 Food Rescue collects surplus food that might otherwise be thrown away and delivers it immediately to organizations that serve those who are food insecure. These healthy food donations go to hungry people in shelters, schools, housing projects, and other programs and kitchens who serve or distribute food to those in need. 412 Food Rescue relies on our community of partners, financial supporters and volunteers to pursue our mission of ending food waste and hunger throughout the region. Without them, we would not have been able to improve food security and increase access to fresh healthy foods over the past 6 years. We are seeking a Partner Experience Manager to increase engagement among key stakeholders, specifically volunteers, as well as food donors and nonprofit partners.
Millvale Operations Manager is responsible for the overall operations and program management and growth of 412 Food Rescue’s Millvale Food and Energy Hub location based programs including The Good Food Project (Millvale Kitchen) and the HACP Grocery bagging Program.
Millvale Operations Manager will work across program areas and supervise a cross-functional team—including staff, volunteer staff and external partners–dedicated to providing innovative programming to advance 412 Food Rescue mission and technology for good.
S/he will be responsible for maintaining relationships with individuals as well as public, corporate, and community based organizations and identifying outreach opportunities to expand, build and continuously engage.
- Program oversight, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Planning – Meticulously plan strategies and tactics, in partnership with Good Food Project Manager, that respond to the program objectives of the Good Food Project, the Grocery Bagging Program and Cooking Education.
- With the VP of Food Rescue Operations, formulate key quantitative and qualitative performance metrics for the program to assess success.
- Perfect, in partnership with the Good Food Project Manager and Food Rescue Hero Staff, Standard Operating Procedures for the kitchen – ensure all parties (landlord and co-tenant) have buy-in.
- Effectively steward and manage relationship with landlord (New Sun Rising) and co-tenant (Sprezzatura)
- Own all volunteer management and recruitment
- Recruit community partners to execute the program successfully.
- Work with Development, Communications and Volunteer Engagement to recruit volunteers for program execution.
- Act as a redundancy to all staff within the building.
- Implement program plans within time, budget and success metrics.
- Execute the goals of The Good Food Project as it relates to
- Earned revenue from prepared meals
- Community engagement
- Continuously evaluate programs to inform program changes and evolution, as well as generate new program ideas.
- Evolve programs as needed, set and accomplish ambitious expansion goals.
- Work with the leadership team to set organization direction and manage staff.
- Identify and steward key relationships with the business community, community based organizations, and civic groups.
- Analyze program performance data to isolate trends, report on progress toward goals.
- Develop thought leadership around specific topics/emerging practice areas.
All essential duties are to be accomplished based on the ADA guidelines. ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) states that the essential duties are to be successfully completed with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as required by the 412 Food Rescue VP of Food Rescue Operations.
- Have a pulse on the organizational culture as well as maintain and strive for one that is hard working, collaborative, transparent, friendly, fun and in line with our organizational values.
- Represent 412 Food Rescue in industry-group conferences, professional associations, and other public venues.
- Share in knowledge dissemination, reporting, and communications.
- A sincere and deep commitment to the 412 Food Rescue mission.
- An exceptional understanding of Food and Beverage Operations and best practices.
- A commitment to culinary excellence and producing food of the highest quality of flavor and nutritional value.
- A Steward Leadership mentality.
- A bias for design thinking.
- A compassion first approach to conflict resolution.
- Highly adaptable and excited to operate in a fast-paced environment where the rules are often being defined just in time.
- Entrepreneurial and enthusiastic about working in a fluid, fast-paced start-up environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong networker who has the natural ability to connect people with causes and engage them to take action.
- Resourceful and persistent with a history of building partnerships.
- Strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to analyze data, recognize trends, and drive strategic recommendations.
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and process driven.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Skilled project manager who can identify needs, scope projects, implement strategy and juggle lots of moving pieces to see something through.
- Able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Excellent technological skills (MS Office, etc.); Experience with database management required, Sales Force or other contact management program experience preferred
- Flexibility to think outside the box.
- Always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- Willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- Must love working with people.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- College degree
- Experience in high stakes Food and Beverage Operations environments.
- Experience working in high-growth and/or early stage company environments.
- Experience managing teams and producing exceptional results.
- Experience with public speaking, writing and interpersonal skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit 3g64ch1kkvxp7gd6o3h0a7gr-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com.