Community Engagement Director / Coordinator
Starting Salary: $30-$45k plus benefits.
IAW is looking for an experienced Community Engagement Director / Coordinator, to oversee outreach of program participants, community relations and to support and grow the organization’s community partnerships. The role reports to the Executive Director and is responsible and accountable for student recruitment, enrollment, student development tracking, and all community engagement and marketing initiatives. Applicants must have prior experience with community outreach and public relations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- People who have a background in an arts center, community engagement, education or a related field are urged to apply.
- Position prefers 2 years or more experience involving project management, teaching, program development, community engagement, or similar.
- Experience in inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility work is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent problem-solving, ability to multitask, and decision-making skills; effective communication abilities; focused attention to detail and developed customer relations attitude and competencies.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in social media and newsletters to constituents
- Work schedule is variable and may require early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Requires ability to communicate with staff and external guests in a clear and understandable manner
- PA Driver’s License
- Exceptional candidates will have experience in graphic design, marketing, and survey platforms.
- Reaching community stakeholders (churches, library, youth programs, schools)
- Education partners engagement
- Youth retention
- Student Coordination (specific program)
- Reporting on program attendance
- Reporting on Program Impact / Student Development
- Sharing Statistics with Board, Staff, Committees
- Marketing and Social Media
The following PA Act 153 clearances, or proof of application of clearances, are required beginning employment and as a condition of continued employment:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
- FBI Fingerprint Criminal Background Check
IAW’s mission is to advance, inspire, and educate people of all ages through the creation of art. We do this by advancing new and original sculpture creation and artistic literacy; inspiring and supporting sculpture artists and their work; and by sharing their work through collaboration, accessible education programs, projects, and outreach.To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Tim Kaulen at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line - Community Engagement Director / Coordinator. Visit iawpgh.org to learn more about Industrial Arts Workshop. Because our work is focused on supporting youth through education, training, and public service, IAW is dedicated to making our local community a better place. Our employees are an important part of the cycle of giving back to the community and instilling those same values in our student participants.
Industrial Arts Workshop provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IAW expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IAW’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
5430 Dyke Street, Hazelwood
Your application has been successfully submitted.