At Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our organization grows and succeeds when all members of the community, where we live and serve, have a seat at the table to help us ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat. We invite candidates from all diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, etc., to join our team.
At the Food Bank, we are activating the power of community to achieve lasting solutions to hunger and its root causes. We are seeking a passionate, skilled architect to help us achieve our vision. The Application Architect role is responsible for our portfolio of application services in support of internal staff, neighbors we serve, our volunteers and donors, as well as our partner organizations. The role is a central figure in helping the Food Bank apply the full force of our systems and digital tools in service of our mission.
Our environment includes Azure Cloud and related tools, Microsoft 365, Salesforce, NetSuite and Informatica. Most application development is currently performed by partners, and supplemented with Food Bank staff performing configuration and the use of low code development tools. Our ideal candidate will have a strong software development, object-oriented design, and application integration technology background, strong communications skills, prior experience in some of the tools used by the Food Bank, the ability to translate business goals and needs into solution designs, and the ability to work with, and ensure the quality of work conducted by implementation partners.
- Work closely with the Vice President of IT, and others on the Food Bank’s IT Vision and translating that into application architecture and solutions;
- In collaboration with the Vice President of IT, evaluate new tools and vendors for use by Food Bank projects, and scope and prioritize those efforts;
- Serve as a liaison between the business and technical resources to provide the business with useful solutions focused on the Food Bank’s strategic priorities;
- Provide application and integration leadership to the application team and vendors;
- Facilitate process modeling during solution design sessions;
- Compile and implement application development plans for new or existing applications;
- Translate functional and non-functional requirements into solution designs;
- Incorporate user experience design into the solution design process;
Software Development and DevOps
- Lead software development within the Food Bank;
- Ensure technical design is aligned with business requirements; o Advance our low-code development and automation capabilities across platforms;
- Mentor IT team members in the software development lifecycle, application architecture and software development concepts;
- Document application development processes, procedures, and standards;
- Implement standards, guidelines, and tools that drive the Food Bank’s development maturity forward;
- Hold implementation partners to task on design, code, and interoperability;
- Ensure the application team and vendors incorporate secure coding practices such as Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP).
- Deliver solutions that not only meet day-to-day functional needs of the Food Bank, but that incorporate long term support for upkeep, maintenance and ongoing improvements of the solution over time;
- Support procedures to ensure ongoing data integrity across all systems;
- Ensure that integrations between systems are functioning as expected;
- Support periodic security reviews of production systems and user access;
- 6+ years’ experience in software development and/or integration;
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to translate and communicate complex technical information to a diverse audience;
- Deep knowledge of technical areas such as Object-Oriented Design and Design Patterns,
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Java, .NET, C#/C++, Apex;
- Experience in microservices architecture, and in RESTful or SOAP API services;
- Hands-on experience with popular development tools and frameworks (examples may include tools such as visual studio, vs code, git, Bootstrap, AngularJS, etc);
- Strong skills in Powershell or other scripting languages;
- Solid Database Design, SQL and data architecture skills;
- Experience in DevOps concepts and tools;
- Experience in multiple software development methods including agile, iterative, waterfall;
- Ability to obtain clearance of background investigation (Act 33 and 34)
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Your application has been successfully submitted.