Marketing & Communications Intern
Mission & Job Description
The AMD3 Foundation/Operation Walk Pittsburgh is a private, non-profit medical organization that provides bone and joint health education and resources in the Pittsburgh area. The Foundation also provides no-cost joint replacement surgery and bone and joint health education for patients in Latin America. We are looking for a dynamic and creative Marketing & Communications Intern who will be eager to support community outreach efforts and programs by building recognition, generating buzz, and increasing engagement with Foundation and partner organizations worldwide.
Marketing & Communications Internship (MC)
The AMD3/OpWalk MC Intern will work closely with the Program Coordinator and Program Director to:
- Provide marketing and communications support for: AMD3 Foundation and Operation Walk Pittsburgh community and patient engagement events and programs; fundraising campaigns and events; campus outreach efforts; 2021 Operation Walk Mission trip logistics; and volunteer engagement activities.
- Provide occasional marketing and communications support for the Foundation’s clinical and community partners, including goShadow, the UPMC Innovation Center, and the Bone and Joint Center at UPMC Magee-Women’s Hospital, wherever overlap with Foundation program goals exists.
- Provide occasional event planning and coordination support for program efforts as needed.
- She/he will help to create and will execute digital communication plans (social media, email campaigns, newsletters, blogs, etc.) each month with guidance and support from the Program Director. She/he will assist with various stages of the publication cycle, from ideation and content creation to distribution and metric tracking. She/he will track and report on success indicators as defined in the Foundation’s strategic plan.
- Participate in weekly planning meetings with Foundation staff and hospital stakeholders. She/he will provide written progress reports for all efforts within the context of those meetings.
Specific Internship Outcomes
Upon completion of this internship, the MC Intern will:
- Acquire strategic communications experience and skills to develop and execute outreach and promotion strategies for medical nonprofit programs.
- Acquire familiarity and marketable non-clinical experience in the medical/public health sector.
- Acquire operational experience and skills in project planning, community outreach, event coordination and fundraising, for local and international programmatic effort in a nonprofit setting.
Required & Desired Skills
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of relevant experience or one year of relevant coursework, preferably at the graduate level. She/he will be in good academic standing (3.6 Minimum GPA) and be available for the entirety of the internship period. She/he will be able to multitask in a fast-paced, team environment under direct supervision but will thrive as a self-starter. She/he will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and experience using Google and Microsoft suite products. Experience utilizing software such as SquareSpace, MailChimp, Buffer, and the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus. Health sector experience is a plus, as well as demonstrated interest in Latin America and familiarity with Spanish.
Compensation, Schedule & Structure
The MC Intern will be financially compensated $16-$20 per hour based on previous experience. The internship period will be for one academic year, no less than 300 hours. Schedule is part-time during the school year with the option for up to 40 hours per week during summer months. If mutually beneficial, the internship period may be extended. At the close of the internship, a formal performance evaluation will be conducted.
Qualified applicants will submit a resume, references, and cover letter to the AMD3 Foundation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Program Coordinator Application Submission. For more information about the AMD3 Foundation and Operation Walk Pittsburgh, please visit amd3.org and operationwalkpgh.org.
Qualified applicants will submit a 1-2 page resume, including 3 references, and a 1 page cover letter to the AMD3 Foundation by emailing email@example.com with the subject line MC Internship Application. For more information about the AMD3 Foundation and Operation Walk Pittsburgh, please visit www.operationwalkpgh.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.