Chief Financial Officer
Faith-based health care center is seeking to fill the role of Chief Financial Officer. The CFO is responsible for the oversight and proper function of all financial operations and all financial systems. This role will also supervise both the Billing and Accounting departments. The CFO appropriately maintains and ensures good financial stewardship of ELFHCC resources and ensures compliance with GAAP/HIPAA and all other relevant accounting, information systems and human resources standards and regulations.
**COVID and influenza vaccinations are required.** Visit our website at www.elfhcc.com to learn more about our practice and mission to provide quality healthcare to all.
- Certified Public Accountant certification (preferred)
- Master's Degree in Accounting preferred (BA required)
- Five (5) years' experience in accounting and/or business field (nonprofit experience preferred)
- Experience in Billing systems management
- Experience with financial reporting, budgeting and audit process (nonprofit experience preferred)
- Federal program accounting experience (preferred)
- Experience in faith-based, non-profit organizations
- Experience with FQHC and Federal benefit programs for under insured and uninsured preferred
- Experience with Federal 330 grant fiscal management and reporting strongly preferred
- Experience managing the staff and activities of a financial operation
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Cash and Accrual Accounting systems, Automated accounting systems; Restricted and Unrestricted Fund accounting; General Ledger accounting, Chart of Accounts, Balance Sheet and Income Statement generation.
- Ability to manage sensitive information and maintain highest level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Attention to detail, analytical ability and accuracy in all work.
- Good oral and writing skills, exceptional accounting/mathematical skills
- Excellent computer and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate the Center's vision and mission clearly, professionally and effectively,
- Ability to communicate with various levels of employees and outside vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional supervisory/management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to design and implement complex computerized accounting or auditing systems; prepare financial management documents and statements; identify and resolve financial and management problems involving computerized accounting systems and subsystems;
- Ability to prepare and making oral presentations; writing narrative reports setting forth conclusions and recommendations for consideration by CEO and Board of Directors.
- Information Technology (software financial systems and Wide-Area Network software/hardware configuration and maintenance); Independent Auditing practices and procedures; Federal Audit requirements (A-133); Generating financial reports.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the overall accounting, auditing and related financial functions (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Cost Reporting/MCO contracting, and Billing) of ELFHCC.
- Hire, train and evaluate the performance of finance and billing management and manage their activities.
- Manage through subordinate managers, supervisors and coordinator staff activities of significant and highly complex accounting, finance, budgeting, and/or auditing functions.
- Advise and serve as liaison to Board/public/elected officials and private business representatives to resolve, discuss and negotiate issues that commit the department to a course of action in their areas of responsibility.
- Direct the development and implementation and routine monitoring of budgets (capital and operations, including each program/service/support area, and present budgets for approval/review to the CEO and Board of Directors annually and routinely.
- Direct the development and implementation and routine monitoring of financial operating, accounting and financial management policies and procedures.
- Ensure that financial reporting systems and documents are in compliance with laws, policies, standards and regulations and with generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Direct the establishment of internal financial controls and ensure the financial/audit operation and reporting requirements are in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, policies, standards, regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Develop and recommend financial and investment policy and procedures in conjunction with the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Provide professional consultation to management regarding financial matters, budgets and financial policies and procedures.
- Identify the information technology systems to support the operation of various accounting, auditing, or budgeting reporting systems and requirements needed to carry out their mandate.
Negotiable; commensurate with education and experience.
At East Liberty Family Health Care Center, we offer an exceptional benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement, Employee Assistance Program, Holiday pay, Paid sick/vacation, and supplemental benefit options.
East Liberty Family, Health Care Center, does not discriminate by race, sex, color, creed, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or national origin in any manner. East Liberty Family, Healthcare Center, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA/M/D/F/H/V
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A faith-based community health center that has been serving Pittsburgh for over 35 years.