We are looking for an experienced Program Director to support programmatic and educational initiatives within the Community Liver Alliance which is a part-time position, with the opportunity to go full-time. The Program Director is responsible for the management and development of educational programs and other programmatic initiatives. You will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program. The Program Director reports directly to the CEO.
A successful Program Director must have strong organizational and planning skills, strong communication skills, and a passion for helping others. You must be a multi-tasker, a self-starter, highly organized, and self-motivated, and have exceptional time management skills. Experience working on educational efforts and marketing campaigns for nonprofit groups is preferred.
- Lead the CLA annual program calendar activities and functions from inception to program completion
- Provider and patient program design and management
- Develop a strong, scalable harm reduction program
- Lead, organize and contribute to internal and external meeting logistics, including ensuring departmental staff stays on track with meeting logistics, deadlines and reporting to key stakeholders
- Identify resources or organizations able to participate in training and/or technical expertise to program participants
- Conducts research, monitors, and evaluates learning practices
Organizational Partnering & Initiatives
- Exhibit and maintain trust-based and productive relationships with a wide range of organizations and individuals, funding partners, and CLA staff
- Collaborate with team members in ongoing learning and process improvement, incorporating external and internal feedback to constantly improve how we do our work
- Pursue ongoing professional development opportunities for self and direct reports and participate in organization-wide training sessions
- Provide leadership with planning, scheduling, coordinating, and implementing programmatic events, activities, and other meetings
Grants Management Support
- Process grants through their full lifecycle, including creating, maintaining, and updating hard copy and electronic grant files according to the organizations legal, operational, and financial requirements
- Provide leadership in assembling, measuring, and evaluating the impact of programs and prepare reports and datasets
- Support the CEO along with the development team in securing programmatic funding, support and providing the detailed results of the program efforts to submit timely to the appropriate funders
- Engage in special projects and other tasks as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Has the ability to work flexible work hours, including late nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Displays exceptional time-management and organizational skills as needed for meeting deadlines.
- Shows persuasiveness and the ability to procure, planning committee members, speakers, knowledge experts and other subject matter experts to develop and execute strong programming initiatives.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email, or through letters.
- Works well alone as well as under direct supervision.
- Functions as a team-member and shares in other responsibilities as required, including but not limited to: assisting with marketing, technology, advocacy, and organizational capacity building.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 6+ years related experience.
- Experience in program development and fundraising outreach campaigns preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills, leadership skills, and excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and be hands-on to creatively solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Proficiency with fundraising software.
- Proficiency with virtual meeting platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Non-profit focused on transforming the future of liver disease.