Nonprofit Board Member (Volunteer) - Evolve Coaching
Evolve Coaching is a Pittsburgh-based nonprofit organization serving Autistic and other neurodiverse college students, job seekers, and artists. Our work is dedicated to helping our community members achieve self-defined success and a sense of personal satisfaction by sharing their talents through meaningful work and artistic contributions. Our team is also dedicated to supporting employers to diversify their teams through inclusive hiring practices, universal design approaches, and ongoing personalized support.
Evolve's grass-roots approach requires a devoted and engaged board of directors ready to learn and help us continue to expand our mission to support more individuals each year. We are seeking a board member with experience in nonprofit management and/or fundraising to join our growing board of directors.
- Ability to attend meetings every other month, and committee meetings occur during "off"-months (meetings are generally held online).
- Excellent email and telecommunication skills as the majority of our interaction takes place online.
- Experience in nonprofit management and/or fundraising is strongly preferred.
- Able and willing to communicate the value of Evolve's mission with your own network and beyond in order to support the organization's expansion and the community's awareness of our work.
- Knowledge about autism can be helpful, but is not at all required.
- Prioritizes and values diversity, equity, and accessibility.
- A passion for helping young people share their talents with the world.
Benefits of Board Membership:
- Board members receive professional development in areas related to our mission such as autism sensitivity training.
- Board members have flexibility in meeting funding aspirations through the substitution of volunteer hours.
- Flexibility of majority online meetings
- A truly unique opportunity to effect real, positive change in and around the Pittsburgh area. Ninety-two percent of Evolve's college students complete their degrees, and 90% of our program's job seekers find and maintain employment.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.