Service Coordination Director
South Hills Interfaith Movement (SHIM) is a human services organization dedicated to mobilizing community resources and implementing sustainable programs that compassionately help our neighbors meet basic needs, achieve self-sufficiency, and build community. We provide direct assistance (food, clothing, and utility assistance) as well as a variety of programs including service coordination, children and youth programs, and the South Hills Family Center.
Work under the general direction of the Director of Programs to support service coordination program operations and administration through the implementation and use of best practices and strategies. Provide supervision to SHIM program staff delivering service coordination services.
The Service Coordination Director is a full-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Programs to ensure the quality of SHIM’s service coordination programs. Implement and monitor a strengths-based, culturally competent, solution-focused approach to service coordination.
- Provide supervision, coaching, and support to direct reports through regularly scheduled meetings and evaluation; provide onboarding and training to SHIM service coordination staff.
- Provide oversight of program staff’s service coordination duties, creation of goal plans; ensure the monitoring of program activity and case notes for quality assurances.
- Create a collaborative, cross functioning work environment which instills a team approach to service coordination and meeting organizational goals.
- Assist in the maintenance of resources, information referrals, and collaborations that benefit the programs.
- In collaboration with program staff, deliver direct service coordination support as needed including situations that require more complex service coordination/higher level solutions.
- Ensure the accurate input of information, data, case notes, etc. into client-based data systems for all SHIM programs; access and retrieve data as required; provide data base training and ongoing technical assistance for all SHIM users.
- Ensure compliance with agency and funder policies and procedures and assist with reporting requirements as needed. Balance program priorities with agency-wide priorities.
- Build and maintain relationships between the agency and community stakeholders to promote effective utilization of services and coordination across services systems.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by the Director of Programs and/or Executive Director.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Sensitivity to the needs of a multi-cultural community.
- Knowledge of social service systems in Allegheny County.
- Understand and comply with the policy of a Mandated Reporter.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public and private agencies, colleagues, and participants.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess initiative, productivity, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as a team member, with energy, flexibility, and the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, basic computer software and the internet.
- Master’s Degree preferred in social work or related field of study from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a case management supervisor or team lead. Five years’ experience preferred.
- Reliable independent transportation
Certifications, Licenses, Registration:
- Act 33/34 clearances
- Valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met as an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job the employee is required to sit, walk, stand, use hands, fingers and feet, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus. Specific job duties require data entry, and the ability to hear and speak over the telephone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors