Chief Executive Secretary
Pittsburgh Public Schools employs over 4,000 individuals in various capacities to support the academic achievement and strength of character of the students we serve.
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Executive Secretary is primarily responsible for supporting the administrative functions and general operations of the office of the Chief Financial Officer.
Support Non-Exempt Salary Schedule, Level 12 (Salary starting at $50,114)
Work Year: 12 months
Candidates must be enthusiastic about the fundamental goal of advancing student achievement in an urban public school district. In addition, we are seeking candidates with:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years of related experience required
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High attention to detail, organized, and able to work under pressure managing frequent and competing deadlines.
- Proficiency in or ability to learn BoardDocs school board management software.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with culturally, educationally, and racially diverse internal and external customers.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- A capacity to solve problems, to stay organized and manage multiple priorities.
This position requires the selected candidate to live in the City of Pittsburgh. If a candidate does not live within the City of Pittsburgh they will have 90 days from their hire date to establish city residency.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the administrative functions and general operations of the office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Maintain the CFO's calendar, schedule meetings, secure meeting sites, and ensure meeting materials are prepared as needed.
- Facilitate fulfillment of Right-to-Know requests received by CFO.
- Provide research support to the CFO as it relates to the District?s business operations.
- Coordinate data collection and submission related to the Council of the Great City Schools key performance indicators.
- Schedule court reporters for public school board meetings.
- Triage critical issues and concerns received by the CFO's office from Board members, staff, parents, and the community at large.
- Oversee the use of BoardDocs, the District?s school board management software, across all departments to ensure monthly business tabs are submitted, approved, and published accurately.
- Prepare monthly BoardDocs business tabs for the office of the CFO.
- Provide BoardDocs user support to employees, including one-on-one training when needed.
- Publish updated District policies on BoardDocs.
- Work an extended day to attend monthly Board Agenda Review and Legislative meetings.
- Oversee the Administration Building?s employee parking system, which includes managing lot contracts, maintaining parking assignments and wait list, and notifying Payroll of employee parking fee deductions.
- Purchase supplies and prepare vendor payments for the CFO.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Chief Financial Officer
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Expect great things.