Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Do you have a passion for giving back?
Do you like making a difference?
Do you like making someone smile?
If you answered “yes” to all the above questions, we would love to have a conversation with you.
The Administrative Assistant / Receptionist will perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks under the supervision of the Facilities Director
- Answering and transferring telephone calls to staff.
- Facilitates the flow of clients and visitors to notify staff when they arrive.
- Maintain order in the reception area by ensuring staff and visitors sign in and follow all health and safety protocols.
- Schedules reservations for conference/meeting rooms which may include set up and seating arrangements using the Outlook calendar folder.
- Provides secretarial/clerical support as directed by Facilities Director.
- Responsible for maintaining coverage for the front desk from 12:00 – 4:30, Monday – Friday.
This job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time during the course of employment.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 – 2 years of related secretarial experience in a Management or Executive Office
- Act 33, 34 and FBI clearances are required within 30 days of employment, all employer paid.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of Outlook, Email and Microsoft Office Suite
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and work independently
- Ability to represent and support our mission
- Reliable and punctual
- Other benefits; (100% paid by employee)
- Legal Shield / Identity Theft
- Paid Time Off: (if you work more than 24 hrs. a week)
- Beginning your second year, part-time employees may receive up to 10 days of PTO
- Holidays: (if the holiday falls on your regular workday)
- Offer 12 holidays per year
- Flexible Schedule
Life’sWork of Western PA is a non-profit organization empowering people to live the life they choose. We partner with people with disabilities, people with other barriers, young adults, children and families to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills and developing meaningful relationships.
We believe everyone deserves to share in opportunities of meaningful employment. Through employment for all, we envision creating a compassionate, inclusive and equitable community where all individuals have a chance to flourish. A career at Life’sWork means a chance to promote life altering change in an individual's life.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
At Life’sWork of Western PA, we have a clear vision: to create a community where difference is valued. As an organization with a mission that is centered around lifting up some of the most vulnerable members of society, diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Here, everyone is welcome. We employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin, language, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, handicap or disability, and other protected status’. As an employment organization that is continually evolving to provide the best possible services for our clients, we strive to be as diverse as the individuals that we serve. Life’sWork is fully focused on building and nurturing a workplace where inclusion is part of our everyday culture, not just an initiative; where all employees feel their individual gifts are celebrated and appreciated, and where they are encouraged to be who they are.
There is always more work to be done, and we believe that if the services that are provided by our organization are done through a diverse mix of talents, perspectives, and backgrounds, we can play a role in creating ongoing and lasting change.
COVID-19 Safety Operating Policy/Procedures
Life’sWork of Western PA is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employee, clients, and visitors. We adopted a COVID-19 Safety Operating Policy/Procedures that is working.
Your application has been successfully submitted.