Marketing & Communications Manager
Come Work With Us!
The Allegheny County Parks Foundation strengthens the health and vibrancy of our community by improving, conserving and restoring the nine Allegheny County parks. Working in partnership with Allegheny County, the Parks Foundation brings together ideas, leadership and resources to make the parks more sustainable and enjoyable for all. The Allegheny County Parks Foundations raises public and private funds from foundations, corporations, state and federal grant programs and individuals to design and implement projects in our parks in partnership with Allegheny County.
Our Core Values include:
- Excellence. We promote best practices by enhancing the park experience with improvements that incorporate both high-quality design and respectful conservation of historic park assets.
- Sustainability. We act as stewards of nature and advance sound environmental practices and ecological awareness.
- Healthy Lifestyles. We help provide facilities and spaces that promote health and well-being through exercise and contact with nature.
- Accessibility. We are committed to strategies than enable access to parks and park facilities by all county residents and visitors.
- Collaboration. We build partnerships with citizens and organizations who recognize our network of parks as valued assets for a growing and vibrant community.
The Marketing and Communications Manager supports the overall communications strategy of the Allegheny County Parks Foundation and ensures clear, consistent branding aiming to raise the awareness of the foundation. The position will encompass aspects of digital marketing, content strategy management, brand management, media and public relations, fundraising, and outreach.
This position works in collaboration with the full-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator, and in alignment with the fundraising team, reporting to the Executive Director. This is a new full-time position with the opportunity to further enhance the organization’s image by developing a comprehensive marketing and communications plan that aligns with the organization’s goals and strategic plan. This position is designed for a creative and enthusiastic individual who is a self-motivated team player with the ability to meet deadlines, think strategically, remain flexible, adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment and complement a well-functioning team.
- Develop and implement a communications plan that supports the development plan and strategic plan
- Develop and produce digital communications and other marketing materials to engage and cultivate existing supporters, and attract new supporters
- Develop digital campaigns based on industry best practices and curate all content, graphic design and layouts based on industry best practices
- Work across departments to curate timely and engaging content
- Identify and manage organizational partnerships that support overall marketing and fundraising goals
- Lead the strategy and generation of engaging digital content for the Parks Foundations website, social media and email channels that leads to measurable success
- Write and distribute press releases, publicity and public relations information to local media, when appropriate
- Develop and implement outreach calendar and attend networking opportunities that align with our interests and goals
- Manage content promotion and follower interaction
- Assist development staff with fundraising appeals and events
- Assist staff in ensuring all communications are culturally competent and reach a diverse audience
- Maintain a strong relationship with Allegheny County
- Develop an annual budget for the marketing and communications department
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with mainstream social media and website platforms
- Collaborative style and experience with the implementation of communications strategies
- Demonstrated experience creating metrics to measure communication effectiveness
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or Canva a plus
- Experience in photography a plus
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience with government relations a plus
- Commitment to working in cross-functional team
- Commitment to the Allegheny County Parks Foundations mission
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (marketing, digital media, communications, etc.) required
- 1-3 years professional experience
Compensation and Benefits:
The position is full-time exempt. Salary is commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills within the range of $55,000- $60,000. Benefits include a 35-hour work week, paid holidays, vacation and personal time off; medical, dental and life insurance; and contribution to a retirement account.
Current work conditions during COVID-19 have been remote with occasional on-site meetings required, though this is likely to change as the pandemic recedes.
The Allegheny County Parks Foundation is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or sexual preference or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition/disability.
Why You Should Apply:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible (35 hours/week) Work Schedule
- Opportunity to work with a small team committed to creating an uplifting workplace culture
- New full-time position with the opportunity to design a comprehensive marketing and communications plan to help move the organization forward in new and exciting ways
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, graphic design and/or website design sample (links) with the subject line “Marketing & Communications Manager” to Caitlin Harpster at email@example.com. In your email, please include how you heard about this position. All applications must be submitted by Friday, October 21 at 5pm. We will schedule interviews on a rolling basis with the goal of someone starting on November 16.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Parks for People. People for Parks.