Office & Gallery Coordinator
The Office & Gallery Coordinator is responsible for streamlining and carrying out daily operations within Touchstone’s office and gallery. The OGC provides general admin support to the staff and serves as the primary point of contact to all organizational participants and visitors. The position requires actively engaging with and assisting all participants and visitors with general and program-specific inquiries, and also efficiently and accurately facilitates all processes of enrollment and other transactions for programming, events, and other associated offerings. The OGC will have an approachable and enthusiastic presence, ensuring smooth daily operation while demonstrating the highest level of customer service.
The OGC is an entry-level, full-time, salaried position. Salary range starts at $32,000 and goes up from there, depending on experience. Benefits include health insurance, PTO, flex time, and 401K match.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent social, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Must be reliable, punctual, and adaptable
- Ability to work independently and/or collaboratively
- Must be able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously, with attention to details and follow-through in all tasks
- Ability to use and learn multi-line phone system, including transferring calls, updating voicemail messages, etc.
- Understanding of computer software and willingness and ability to learn new software; knowledge of ACTIVE, Square, Salsa/CardPointe, ClickBid a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to handle cash, check, and credit card transactions and balance a cash drawer
- Ability to complete gallery sales reports and commission requests as well as registration-related reports
- Two- or four-year degree preferred
- At least two years’ experience performing administrative tasks
- Experience working as part of a guest/visitor service team, preferably in an arts/cultural setting
- Retail gallery experience a plus
- Ability to maintain a regular, onsite schedule during normal business hours
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends when needed for special programming/events
- The following PA Act 153 clearances are required for employment at Touchstone: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, and FBI Criminal Background Check. Clearances may be submitted if currently valid or obtainment will be completed as part of the new hire process
- Touchstone requires employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Welcomes, orients, and assists all programming/event participants and visitors
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts of the organization
- Understands and explains the basic aspects of the organization’s operations, programming, and history to answer participant/visitor questions; have basic knowledge of Fayette County and local amenities to answer travel-related inquiries
- Manages general correspondence, including inbound/outbound phone calls, emails, and mail
- Carries out routine correspondence with workshop participants, including enrollment confirmations, balances due, how to prepare for their stay, solicits feedback from participants through post-participation surveys, etc.; recognizes potential conflicts and works with participant/visitor and appropriate staff to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Attends regular staff meetings, communicating need-to-know information with other staff members
- Maintains an organized and clean working environment; follows daily security routines in opening and closing the office and galleries
- Initiates and completes registration and sales transactions quickly and accurately
- Monitors artworks and maintains inventories within the galleries
- Ensures that all office supplies and marketing materials (displays, catalogs, rack cards, etc.) are always stocked
- Troubleshoots office equipment and software; serves as the technical support intermediary
- Helps to train and supervise volunteers for special events/projects
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume (PDF preferred) to email@example.com. Please put “Office & Gallery Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Review of submissions will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Touchstone Center for Crafts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity and to providing opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual origin, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The above position description reflects the essential functions and qualifications necessary and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent. The description does not constitute an employment contract and does not alter the at-will relationship between Touchstone and the employee.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Touchstone Center for Crafts