Development Coordinator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Exempt I) - University Development
Job No: 513329
Work Type: Staff
Location: San Francisco
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
Working Title: Development Coordinator
SF State University:
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Department: University Development
Appointment Type: This is a one-year probationary position.
Time Base: Full-Time (FTE 1.0)
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,167 to $4,583 per month ($50,000 to $55,000 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Under the supervision of the Senior Development Associate and the guidance of the Associate Vice President, the Development Office Coordinator provides a broad range of administrative support for the Development office and the development officers and serves as a member of the Development Office administration support team. The Development Office Coordinator is responsible for administrating highly sensitive and a high volume of duties including: pledge administration, coordinating onboarding for new hires, coordinating with University divisions outside of Advancement, absence and vacation tracking administration, , assisting development officers with reimbursements, ordering office supplies, reconciling procurement card reports and invoices, maintaining conference room schedules, greeting visitors, answering phones. The incumbent will also serve as the front office representative, providing professional and friendly customer service.
Team-wide Work in Partnership with AVP
- Assist with pledge administration including reminders and write-offs in coordination with Development Directors and Advancement Services using the department's Raiser's Edge CRM where appropriate
- Partner with the AVP on Development-wide initiatives such as the scholarship centralization project and other such process-and-framework creating projects
- Coordinate with the Senior Program Advisor and the AVP on any scholarship administration related matter that may need Development's assistance
- Lead the onboarding process for all new hires for Development employees, including maintaining a comprehensive on-boarding deck, creating an onboarding and orientation schedule, obtaining building access and parking, facilitating telecommunications equipment acquisition, etc.
- Manage the AVP's Outlook calendar
- Partner with the AVP on matters related to personnel including:
- Coordinating with Human Resources (HR) on hiring, including posting ads for positions and position changes for the Development department; overseeing absence management and processes for the Development office
- Collaborate with the AVP on team-wide meetings
Administrative Support: Fundraising
- Assist with donor correspondence mailings and fundraising appeals, as appropriate
- Provide officers with logistical support for travel (travel arrangement, conference registration, maps, directions, parking permits, etc., using web-based travel and expense reporting tool, Concur)
- Assist with arranging facilities, food service, audio visual, and all other logistical tasks for meetings, programs and select events involving officers
- Keep abreast of and master policies and procedures, and then present and train Development staff on policies and procedures as appropriate
- Manage invoices, payments and payment approval processes for Development department using travel tool, Concur, the University's Common Financial System (CFS), etc.:
- Process travel, hospitality, and miscellaneous reimbursements for officers
- Reconcile procurement card for general and University partner vendors
- Create and submit online requisitions
- Order and maintain office supplies, furniture, equipment and stationery
Administrative Support: Day-to-Day Operations
- Answer phone and route calls as appropriate
- Greet and escort visitors
- Route internal and external mail/correspondence
- Oversee overall orderliness and cleanliness of office
- Oversee maintenance of equipment and supplies
- Order keys and assist with phone line and email set-up for Development staff
- Submit service requests for moves, repairs, cleaning, etc.
- Serve as a backup to other administrative support staff
- Manage conference room calendars
Other Duties as Assigned
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to the program and/or administrative specialty to develop conclusions and make recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the applicable program and/or administrative specialty.
- Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques.
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications. Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
Experience in working in the fundraising area and/or with fundraisers
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work:
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalstate.policystat.com%2Fpolicy%2F9779821%2Flatest%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cmmango%40sfsu.edu%7Cd3ff4c3f59f8464716df08d983662ec8%7Cd8fbe335822c41a987747f16709aac9f%7C0%7C0%7C637685297151532234%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=VcJGk83P%2BOXMsN9EIqnCxc2AM8iEoRRUBl2xVfUjbRM%3D&reserved=0 and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSUEU Position (For CSUEU Positions Only):
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exception. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3649416
Your application has been successfully submitted.