Major Gifts Officer
The University of Pittsburgh's Division of Philanthropic & Alumni Engagement (PAE) is seeking a Major Gifts Officer (MGO) to join a progressive team within our Medical and Health Sciences Foundation, School of Medicine Department.
The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) provides direct fundraising services to former residents and fellow alumni of the University of Pittsburgh's School of Medicine; participates and/or provides leadership in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of fundraising projects and programs to meet established development goals; personally identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards donors and prospects in accordance with performance targets set by the Foundation. The incumbent is responsible for successfully soliciting gifts of $100,000 and above.
The MGO will:
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 125-150 major gift prospects, soliciting gifts via meetings, calls and correspondence in order to obtain and/or increase donor contributions and identify new prospects for cultivation
- Develop long-term relationships built on a firm understanding of donors' interests, passions, and values
- Work with departments and faculty leadership to successfully solicit gifts of $100,000 and above
Flexible hybrid and/or remote work opportunities may be available for this position.
PAE cultivates relationships with contributors, alumni, and other constituents on behalf of the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC, generating support for teaching, research, and care. As the hub for development and alumni relations efforts,
PAE contributes to a bold, vibrant, and diverse academic community. Primarily, we focus on:
- Philanthropy to the University and UPMC which drives innovation and enhances opportunities for students,
- faculty, researchers, and clinicians
- Alumni relationships expressed across a community of 318,000 alumni spanning the globe
This purposeful, collaborative work-supported by your engagement and giving-ensures that Pitt and UPMC grow stronger each year, benefitting this community, our region, and the wider world.
PAE fosters an intentionally inclusive workforce through a diversity framework that commits to collaborating and expanding the culture, identity, and wholeness of every staff member in measurable and deliberate ways.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's preferred
- At least three years of experience in fund raising/development directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Demonstrated ability in securing gifts and pledges from individuals
- A strong orientation to collaboration is required along with an enthusiasm for maintaining relationships with departmental leadership, faculty, and colleagues
A current TB test and drug screen will be required as a condition of employment. Equivalent combination of education and transferable / relatable experience will be considered per University guidelines.
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to championing all aspects of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within our community. This commitment is a fundamental value of the University and is crucial in helping us advance our mission, which includes attracting and retaining diverse workforces. We will continue to create and maintain an environment that allows individuals to discover, belong, contribute, and grow, while honoring the experiences, perspectives, and unique identities of all.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets.
The University of Pittsburgh requires all Pitt constituents (employees and students) on all campuses to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Visit coronavirus.pitt.edu to learn more about this requirement.
Assignment Category Full-time regular
Job Classification Staff.Development.III
Minimum Education Level Required Baccalaureate
Minimum Experience Level Required 5-6 years experience
Work Schedule Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
Work Arrangement Hybrid: Combination of On-Campus and Remote work as determined by the department.
Hiring Range TBD Based Upon Qualifications
Relocation Offered No
Visa Sponsorship Provided No
Background Check For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Child Protection Clearances Not Applicable
Required Documents Resume, Cover Letter
Optional Documents Not Applicable
Your application has been successfully submitted.