Back End Developer
Our Mission: To improve the lives of Homewood’s children and simultaneously reweave the fabric of the community in which they live.
Our Vision: Together, with a strong village of support, we transform Homewood, creating a community of opportunity—a place where families thrive and children succeed.
We serve our children, families, and the community by breaking down the social and economic barriers to success. Through collaboration, engagement, advocacy, and research, we offer a continuum of direct services and learning support for children and their families, from cradle to career, working diligently to address the complex challenges facing Homewood’s youth.
- It takes a village to raise a child, support families, and transform a community.
- All children have the right and potential to succeed if given the opportunity.
- Parents are children’s first teachers, which means they must be in a position to support themselves in order to support others.
- When families thrive, children succeed.
- Passion: Passionate people produce.
- Collaboration: It’s key for transformation and success.
- Integrity: Because honesty, reliability, and dependability matter.
- Respect: The foundation for ethical behavior, it reinforces good relationships.
- Lifetime Learning: We strive for continuous improvement through education.
- Data-Informed Decisions: We listen and learn. We observe and engage. We aggregate and evaluate.
- Innovation: Fosters creativity. Increases engagement. Promotes. Enhances sustainability.
- Balance: Work hard. Play hard. Enjoy your work. Enjoy your life.
The ideal candidate will join the Innovation Team of Homewood Children’s Village and work on SMART Dreams, a multiplatform mobile app for iOS, Android, and the Web. The app helps users envision and explore plans for their future with a focus on high school students planning for post graduation careers and education.
We are enabling students to plan and execute a plan for their future with support that will give them social and economic capital that will improve their options for life after school as an adult.
We are looking for someone who believes in the mission of HCV and will be excited to join and contribute to our company culture in addition to performing at a high level.
- Develop and maintain develops solutions to provide stable services and app infrastructure.
- Define system requirements, develop quality products and deliver them on schedule, and work with the functional testers to ensure accuracy.
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications.
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Follow emerging technologies.
- Manage CI/CD processes and pipelines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any defects that may arise.
- Produce technical documentation.
- Evaluate existing systems to improve app performance and usability.
- Work within a team of developers including performing code reviews.
- Follow best practices for software development and devops.
- Present solutions and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Maintain existing code.
- Extensive knowledge of Net/C#/.Net Core
- Experience with CI/CD
- Web Development skills and experience
- Use software control and version control systems such as Azure DevOps and Git
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented software design and development
- Write and maintain automated tests and unit tests
- Translate Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Health Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with Matching
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
This is a hybrid opportunity with several days working from the office each week and regular on-site meetings with partners and clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
Your application has been successfully submitted.
It takes a village.