Chief Financial Officer
CHS empowers individuals and families to live in stable housing, connect to community resources, build relationships and access quality food.
CHS is a Pittsburgh-based nonprofit that provides supportive housing services to individuals from those who are unstably housed to those who are chronically homeless. CHS offers residential housing, emergency shelter services, housing support, therapeutic services, youth programming, as well as one of the largest food pantries in Allegheny County.
Chief Financial Officer Position Overview:
As part of CHS’ Executive Team, the CFO is responsible for formulating strategic and operational goals designed to govern all aspects of the accounting, financial planning, budgeting, procurement, and investment activities, as well as translating the Mission and Values into actionable objectives specific to area of expertise. The CFO supervises a team of 3 accountants who are responsible for payroll, contracts, accounts receivable/payable, budgets, etc.
- Oversee all aspects of accounting through Blackbaud, financial planning, financial reporting, budgeting, procurement, information technology and investment activities.
- Direct supervision of three senior accountants.
- In conjunction with CHS Leadership, establish and implement financial related strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the organization’s internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Prepare financial information for presentation and discussion with the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Arrange for and coordinate external audits of CHS’s financial statements and required tax filings to ensure compliance with programmatic, state, and federal requirements and statutes.
- Negotiate or approve contracts or agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal or state agencies, and other organizational entities.
- Monitor compliance with all laws and standards associated with services and contracts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key financial funders and partners.
- Maintain all key banking relationships and activities.
- Maintain all key insurance relationships and activities.
- Ensure that proper accounting for and monitoring of restricted funds received.
- Analyze financial results in each CHS key program area and communicate those results to among CHS programmatic team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, creative, strategic, organizational, and personal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in an efficient manner.
- Enthusiasm for professional growth and the ability to self-start.
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Knowledge, interest, or experience in nonprofits is helpful.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Blackbaud financial system preferred, but not required.
Required Clearances After Hire:
- Clean Act 33 Child Abuse Clearance.
- Clean Act 34 PA State Police Clearance.
- Clean Act 73 Federal Criminal History Clearance.
- National Sex Offender Registry (NSOR) Verification.
- Salary range of $130,000 - $140,000
- Competitive vacation and benefits package.
- Hybrid work model
- Free parking
Apply with Cover Letter, Resume and Salary Request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CHS empowers individuals and families to live in stable housing, connect to community resources, build relationships, and access quality food.