Equity Program Manager I
We are seeking an Equity Program Manager I who will be responsible for supporting all aspects of Allegheny County’s Department of Human Services (DHS) Equity work.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who are committed to diversity and inclusion. This position is based within Allegheny County Department of Human Services (DHS).
Who Are We?
Great Lakes Research (GL) is a leading provider of professional services and technology products designed specifically for the human service, education, and public and non-profit sectors. Our headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA with additional offices in Gateway Center, downtown Pittsburgh and other locations in the Pittsburgh area. Great Lakes provides staffing services to multiple Allegheny County divisions in the following areas:
- IT Support
- Administrative Support
- Data Analysis, Evaluation and Research
- Project Managers
Who Are You?
You have strong organizational and leadership skills, and experience working with diverse people including individuals who identify as LGBTQ and individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Who is the Office of Equity and Engagement?
The Office of Equity and Engagement supports DHS’s mission by providing a range of equity/inclusion, engagement and communication functions.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
Training and Education:
- Managing Equity Training and Facilitation processes.
- Managing the DHS Equity Speaker’s Series and other Training and Outreach efforts including equity corner.
Outreach and Communication:
- Conducting document reviews.
- Managing DHS Inclusion Committee and supporting Employee Resource Groups.
- Supporting Special Initiatives including the biannual Institutional Assessment.
What Background and Skills Does the Ideal Candidate Have?
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree.
- Antiracist hiring experience.
- Experience mentoring diverse professionals.
- Facilitation and training experience, particularly related to inclusion, equity and anti-oppression work.
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, fellows, and other staff.
We know that many strong candidates will not have all the listed skills and that is ok. What else do you bring to the table?
This is an onsite, office position based at the North Shore in Pittsburgh, Pa.
If hired, candidates would be employed by GL and assigned to Allegheny County Office of Equity and Engagement.
Salary & Benefits
Salary range is $62,000-$65,000.
GL benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick, personal, and bereavement
- Group term life and AD & D insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K/403B Matching Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Applicants will have to be vaccinated from COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to federal and state laws. You will need to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 before beginning work and will be required to provide proof of full vaccination.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - M/F/V/D
Your application has been successfully submitted.