Special Events and Marketing Director
Angels’ Place is seeking a Special Events and Marketing Director who can utilize their talents and experience to develop amazing marketing campaigns and fundraising events that support our mission. An experienced and versatile coordinator that has experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, event planning, graphic design, branding, digital marketing, and social media would be ideal. The Special Events and Marketing Director plays an essential role in the success of achieving our mission both internally and externally by ensuring marketing campaigns are built out to touch the right people, with the right message, at the right time.
- Manages ongoing programs related to marketing, including special projects in social media, email marketing, event planning and communications.
- Provides professional support to ad hoc committees responsible for Angels’ Place’s special events, including the assumption of primary staff responsibility for the annual Halo Award Dinner, silent auction, corporate sponsor and business ads.
- Generates ideas and contributes regularly to overall organization development and communications.
- Carries out marketing/communication projects, forms and convenes teams and working groups within the organization and community.
- Elevates Angels’ Place’s visibility, including special events, advertising, marketing and other communications strategies in conjunction with the Executive Director, staff and committees.
- Conducts independent research and analysis of issues and topics pertinent to special events and communications goals and makes recommendations to the Executive Director and Board.
- As appropriate, creates and maintains relationships with media, corporations and associates as needed to ensure public awareness of Angels’ Place.
- As directed, conceptualizes, researches, writes, and edits print and non-print marketing materials. Assists with posting to social media accounts.
- Assists with maintaining Donor Perfect database. Assists with ongoing assessment and implementation of technology needs and projects related to Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Oversees special events committee including communication, planning, implementation of technology needs.
- Coordinates and plans a yearly special events calendar
- Manages events including budgeting, media relations, sponsorship mailings, delegation of duties at events, chronicles event and evaluation.
- As directed, updates, and maintains organizational website. Coordinates pictures for website and literature.
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of five years’ experience in event planning.
- Key Skills:
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong Relational Skills: Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and an ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong Organization Skills: Able to multi-task and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Computer Skills: Including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel, Outlook), social media and graphic design.
- Proficient with Audio and Visual: Sufficient photo and video editing skills in Adobe, Canva or related software.
- Background in public relations, communications, marketing or similar field.
- Willingness to work flexible hours that may include evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Maintains professional appearance, attitude and work behavior at all times.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and access to an automobile.
- Such additions and alterations to the above qualifications as the Executive Director and Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the lives of children and parents.
- A supportive environment which values developmentally appropriate, and strength based reflective practice.
- Child care discounts for employee children (ages birth to five) during shift.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program and Life Insurance.
- Generous PTO package including Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holidays.
- Free meals/parking.
- Experience, Education and Training Opportunities.
Angels’ Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit our website at angelsplacepgh.org.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.