Classification: Part Time
Reports to: Board Chair
Hours: Approximately 20 hrs. a week – Days & Hour Flexible
Starting Salary Range: Hourly rate, approximately $30,000 a year
The Executive Director is responsible for directing, coordinating, administering and monitoring the programs and activities of Mental Health Association of Mercer County to ensure for the effective and efficient utilization of available human and financial resources. The Executive Director will work in concert with the Mental Health Association Board of Directors to establish policies, goals and objectives to meet the mission of the organization.
Administration and Operations
- Oversees the creation and implementation of annual budgets, goals and objectives.
- Provides overall administration of the day to day affairs of the corporation
- Plans, develops and establishes policies and objectives of the organization in accordance with board directives, mission statement and funding source requirements.
- Reviews activity reports and financial statements to determine current progress and status in attaining objectives and revises objectives and plans to address current conditions.
- Oversee re-payee staff to ensure compliance with SSA rules and regulations regarding SSA re-payee program and good accounting procedures.
- Oversee Chief Financial Officer to maintain accurate accounting and compliance with contracts and grants
- Manage rental properties (1 single family house, 4 apartments, 1 shared living space with 5 tenants).
- Plans and develops program, personnel and public relations policies designed to improve Agency’s image and relations with clients, staff, Board of Directors and the public
- Evaluates performance and contributions of key staff both in compliance with established policies and objectives of agency in attaining administrative objectives.
- Provide training and technical assistance to the staff and Board of Directors.
- Establishes and maintains relationship with public and private sources of funding, including government, grant sources as well as corporate or private foundations.
- Serves as an effective spokesperson for the agency, represents the programs and organization’s point of view to other agencies and the general public.
- Responsible for the hiring, firing and promotion of staff, evaluation of managers.
- Executes contracts on behalf of the the Mental Health Association Board of Directors.
- Keeps current on program regulations, requirements and funding provisions.
- Develops partnerships and collaborations with community resources and engages volunteers
- Attend out of town trainings and conferences, representing the organization as needed
- Keep abreast of current legislation, funding and activities.
Board of Directors
- Carries and executes the policies adopted by the Mental Health Association Board of Directors.
- Provides written and verbal reports to the Mental Health Association Board of Directors at their monthly meetings.
- Assist the Mental Health Association Board in the development of policies.
- In concert with the Mental Health Association Board of Directors develops and implements a strategic planning process.
- Keep the board informed and maintain and open dialogue to discuss agency direction and purpose.
- Recruit Volunteers for the board.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to write grants, develop budgets and analyze financial statements.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and other computer related programs
- Ability to conduct presentations for staff and the community.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 2 years of Administration and Management Experience to include planning, financial management, programming, personnel and or property management.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related fields.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- May receive emergency calls in evening regarding repairs.
- Manual dexterity-typing, filing and writing.
- Coordination-perform tasks that require eye-hand coordination-driving a car, typing.
- Vision- small print, computer intensive work.
- Out of town travel as needed or required.
- Sedentary office work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.