Fundraising and Growth Strategist
About the role - Fundraising and Growth Strategist
The Fundraising and Growth Strategist plays a critical role in the Hill CDC's day-to-day fundraising operations, working to assist in all areas of giving (Government Grants, Foundations, Events, and Individuals). Reporting to the CEO, the position works with all members of the development team to make sure Hill CDC has the funds to continue the revitalization of the Hill District community.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead efforts to maintain current and develop new foundation, corporate, government, and organizational donor relationships locally and nationally.
- Lead in creating an entrepreneurial and philanthropic culture with the staff and Board of Directors.
- Develop and lead fundraising efforts on key organizational projects which are diverse in nature ranging from art, culture, entrepreneurship, and community development.
- Create and steward partnerships, programs, and initiatives to aid in the elevation of the profile of the Hill CDC and Hill District communally, locally, and nationally.
Communications and Research
- Research prospective funders and prepare donor profiles for senior staff.
- Support ad hoc research and content development for fundraising proposals and other collateral.
- Interact with diverse groups of people, such as community residents, elected officials, business executives, foundation representatives, etc.
- Execute long-term fundraising strategy, including all potential revenue streams (grant writing, campaigns, corporate and individual donations, and events).
- Provide logistical and administrative support for stewardship activities, including small events, mailings, and meetings.
- Support our grant writing and donor outreach efforts through deadline tracking and relevant document management.
- Communicate and coordinate with key contacts at existing and potential funding sources to supply needed documentation according to established reporting parameters and grant deadlines.
Who You Are:
- A Convener - You recognize that a well-prepared and supported community can achieve far more than a single, highly talented individual. You can bring together sector leaders and facilitate conversations to identify ways to attract resources to our cause.
- A Relationship Builder - You thrive on meeting new people and like to foster relationships. You like learning what motivates people, what inspires their giving, and what makes them feel appreciated.
- An Exceptional Communicator - You have excellent oral and written communication skills. You can craft high-quality proposals and presentations and explain complex concepts in a clear manner, combining intellect and intuition.
- Resourceful and Adaptable - You're at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive attitude and identify creative solutions to obstacles. You can juggle many essential responsibilities at once, and you're rigorous about prioritizing.
- A Humble Teammate - Nothing is beneath or above you. You are quick to always lend a hand or two! You are able to earn influence without authority and naturally seek to support both small projects or large strategic goals.
- Organized - You're a strong project manager, capable of driving multiple work streams toward deadlines and juggling changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Committed to Inclusion - You're always asking, "whose voice is not at the table?" You have experience working with diverse teams and successfully navigating cross-cultural communication in both local and global.
- Passionate about Community Impact - You are driven by the desire to contribute to making positive change in our society, making the economy work for everyone.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of overall professional experience (we are background agnostic and are excited by candidates with unique and different work histories; with that said, you need to be able to confidently attract and secure dollars).
- A love for writing. We need an excellent writer who can self-edit.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and complete assignments with minimal supervision in a fast-paced workplace.
- Impeccable organization; you are highly detail-oriented and someone who gets a real sense of satisfaction from producing polished work and managing smooth and orderly processes.
Why this role is compelling
Working directly with an extraordinary leader in Marimba Milliones, you will experience first-hand what it means to lead a well-run, growing organization toward a particular vision. You will be exposed to an unusually wide range of people and issues in the community development and philanthropic spaces.
We truly care about your career growth, and we will always look to offer opportunities internally to expand and grow. With that said, we are not looking for job hoppers and are seeking candidates looking to fully commit themselves to this role.
Your application has been successfully submitted.