The Abolitionist Law Center (ALC) is a nonprofit law firm fighting to defend prisoners and abolitionists, and a community organizing project aiming to build a world without police and prisons. Our work is currently based in Pennsylvania, where we have sued the Department of Corrections, local jails, and the Commonwealth to defend prisoners from abuse and to win release for as many people as possible. Our organizing work is statewide and focused on abolishing the use of solitary confinement and ending life without parole sentences (aka death by incarceration), among other things.
We’re now hiring an Administrative Manager for our Pittsburgh office. The Administrative Manager position will be responsible for bookkeeping, vendor management, basic HR management, payment processing, etc. to keep the organization running smoothly so staff members can concentrate on building the movement to abolish police and prisons.
This position is based in Pittsburgh and will require working on site at our office, though remote work is possible when the nature of the tasks allow for it.
- Managing employee benefits
- Payment processing
- Records management
- Office management
- Supporting the Director of Operations in the overall management of the organization
- You must be proficient in the above tasks with a demonstrated history of having done similar work. For example:You must be familiar with Quickbooks and understand how bookkeeping for a nonprofit organization is done.
- You must have experience collecting and organizing records. Experience developing or improving systems for organizing records would be highly valued.
- You must have experience processing payments, reviewing and organizing related records, ensuring that vendors/contractors are paid and staff members are reimbursed.
- You must know how to use Microsoft Office software, especially Excel. Proficiency with GSuites and EveryAction (or other CRM) would be very welcome.
- Experience advocating for justice and human rights would weigh in your favor, though it is not strictly required for this position.
Salary and Benefits
The Administrative Manager is a full-time, salaried position. This position has a six-month introductory period. The salary for this position starts at $50,000 annually, and is negotiable depending on experience. The position comes with a health insurance benefit of up to $400/month and 35 days (280hrs) of paid time off annually.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Please email your resume, two professional references, and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, but candidates are encouraged to apply by October 1, 2021 to receive priority consideration. This position is open until filled.
Abolitionist Law Center is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, indigenous people, LGBTQI-GNC people, and formerly incarcerated people are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about our staff and board members, click here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com