Acculturation for Justice, Access and Peace Outreach (AJAPO)
Website Acculturation for Justice, Access and Peace Outreach (AJAPO)
FULL TIME (40 HOURS/WEEK) Some evenings and weekends as necessary.
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
INDUSTRY: Social Services
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Human Services with minimum of one year experience working with refugees.
REPORTING: Preferred Communities (PC) Case Manager will directly report to PC Program Manager Services
History & Mission:
Acculturation for Justice, Access and Peace Outreach (AJAPO) is a faith-inspired refugee resettlement and a social service, non-profit located in Pittsburgh, PA. AJAPO resettles refugees from all parts of the world in the greater Pittsburgh area of Pennsylvania and uniquely coordinates varied social services for immigrants/refugee populations for their acculturation and integration to American life.
AJAPO’s mission is to provide a continuum of care which empowers refugees and immigrants to become self-sufficient and integrated into the Greater Pittsburgh Community in Allegheny County of South Western Pennsylvania.
The Preferred Communities (PC) program provides intensive case management to refugees to most vulnerable refugees who have been in the United States for less than 5 years. This will include services for health, housing, health, education, general acculturation and youth development. The Case Manager will support the Program Manager to provide these social services to vulnerable refugee populations. The case manager will be trained to have hands-on experience in working with refugees especially the elderly, children and those with long-term/intensive case management needs.
The case manager’s responsibilities will include but not limited to social services appointment scheduling/ referrals, public transportation orientation, liaison with employers, landlords, and school officials. Further responsibilities are assistance with paper work, community integration, home visits, escorting seniors to appointments and senior centers and necessary follow up. The case manager will learn advocacy skills for supporting consumers with other providers. The case manager DOES NOT LIFT ANY CLIENTS.
Case manager will have good communication and writing skills and be prepared to work in a timely manner to provide results and reports due on contract.
The candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, patience and positive attitude towards assisting others.
It is important that case manager has the patience to attend both in-house and external meetings and be able to make constructive contributions at meetings and report back on outcomes of meetings in writing.
Clean PA drivers license and a working vehicle is required for this position.
Candidate must be ready to undergo training on the job.
- Liaise with PM (PC) for assessment and approval of potential PC Clients.
- Complete intake and assessment with clients deemed to be the most vulnerable and require intensive case management services
- Work with clients to create, develop a service plan and track goals over the course of the program
- Assist clients in achieving goals through Acculturation training, transportation orientation, connecting to services and working toward self-sufficiency.
- Provide intensive case management to assist clients with housing, education, health support and government benefits as needed
- Engage with community partners to learn about resources and advocate for service provisions for PC clients
- Ensure client’s case notes and case files are updated, accurate and complete
- Conduct client home visits to assess their living situation and status
- Host and attend community integration events
- Complete trainings provided by ECDC and attend relevant local trainings to become a more effective and knowledgeable Case Manager
- Provide support to Program Manager on the Committee for the Refugee and Immigrant Health and Wellness Fair
Affirmative Action Policy:
Acculturation for Justice, Access and Peace Outreach(AJAPO), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate, exclude or otherwise deny employment opportunities to any qualified candidate on the basis of age, color, gender, gender identity national origin, race, religion or sexual orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive employment consideration without regard to any of the characteristics mentioned above. AJAPO is an equal opportunity employer.
- Salary Range : $32,000 – $34,000 depending on experience.
- Health Insurance, Life/Long and Short term disability, IRA
Send resume & letter of interest/application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should read : AJAPO PREFERRED COMMUNITIES CASE MANAGER
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com