ACH Clear Pathways
Website ACH Clear Pathways
The Mission of ACH Clear Pathways is to provide enriching and new experiences to youth and families through visual and performing arts. We recognize the uniqueness of each person and are committed to providing an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, respected and appreciated.
For more information, please our website at www.achclearpathways.org
The Board of Directors supports the work of ACH Clear Pathways by providing mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations of the organization are managed by the Executive Director, the relationship between the Board and the Executive Director is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Becoming familiar with the programs and services of ACH Clear Pathways and developing a commitment to its mission
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director as she develops and implements the ACH Clear Pathways strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by ACH Clear Pathways for evaluating the impact of its programs, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Attending and participating in board and meetings and reviewing the agenda and supporting materials prior to board meetings
- Reviewing and approving the ACH Clear Pathways annual budget, audit reports, Form 990 and related tax filings/information returns
- Being an engaged participant in material business decisions and significant transactions that require Board approval;
- Being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director
- Assisting the Executive Director and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the Executive Director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing ACH Clear Pathways to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Identifying sources of funding and facilitating strategic partnerships between ACH Clear Pathways and other organizations
- Attending and participating in the planning of ACH Clear Pathways fundraisers and programming events.
- Ensuring ACH Clear Pathways’ commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities ACH Clear Pathways serves
ACH Clear Pathways Board Members will consider ACH Clear Pathways a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that ACH Clear Pathways can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, ACH Clear Pathways expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity. Various opportunities are provided throughout the year for Board Members to meet their fundraising commitment.
ACH Clear Pathways Board Members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment. Board meetings will be held bi-monthly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about ACH Clear Pathways’ mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His or her accomplishments will allow him or her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of ACH Clear Pathways’ constituents
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of the youth and families that ACH Clear Pathways serves
- Service on ACH Clear Pathways is without remuneration, except for reimbursement of incidental expenses incurred in discharge of the Board Members’ duties.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org