Website ACTION-Housing, Inc.
To empower people to build more secure and self-sufficient lives
Responsible for verifying eligibility, completing intakes and providing services to clients referred to the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program, which focuses on the goal of preventing eviction or rapidly rehousing individuals and families in shelter. Will function as a team lead in answering questions of ESG staff. Responsible for maintaining a caseload of 25 individuals and families and completing required activities under the ESG contract.
- Coordinate with the Allegheny Link to request referrals and track those referrals to obtain required Intake information.
- Conduct the initial evaluation of program referrals, including verifying and documenting eligibility.
- Assist with housing search and placement by assessing barriers, needs, and preferences of the client and providing appropriate housing leads.
- Provide service coordination to program participants by using a strengths-based approach to goal planning.
- Conduct reassessments of need for services and recommend appropriate referrals as needed.
- Maintain accurate and timely data for the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Act as Team Lead for ESG staff by answering questions and providing support.
- Responsible for the maintenance of current data requirements pertaining to clients.
- Complete all necessary fiscal requirements to ensure payments of client financial assistance.
- All other duties as assigned.
A Master’s Degree with one (1) year of relevant client services experience or three (3) years experience in housing support services required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong skills in resource coordination. Knowledge of landlord/tenant relationships. Strong abilities to build relationships, collaborate, engage in outreach, and instruct individuals from diverse populations. Social work experience and knowledge of Housing First and Harm Reduction models of service a plus. Experience with HMIS a plus Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office package, Zoom and other online meeting platforms, as well as the internet, preferred.
This is a contract position that terminates at the close of the workday on or before September 30, 2022. Where there exist other appropriate opportunities at ACTION at the close of the term, the incumbent would be given preference in the hiring process. ACTION will assist with finding other opportunities at partner agencies as well.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org