Website ACTION-Housing, Inc.
The Development Officer will report to the Director of Real Estate Development and work as an integral member of a vibrant and growing real estate and community development department responsible for innovative projects throughout the Pittsburgh region. All of our real estate work supports ACTION-Housing’s mission: to empower people to build more secure and self-sufficient lives through the provision of decent, affordable housing, essential supportive services, asset building programs, and education and employment opportunities.
The Development Officer will work as a part of team managing a variety of complex real estate projects from inception to completion, including grant writing and funding applications, logistics, project coordination, and funder compliance.
- As a part of a team, manage the development of multi-family residential and mixed-use projects including predevelopment and initial financial feasibility analysis, overseeing design development, securing all necessary financing, procuring and contracting with all third-party consultants, overseeing construction, and completing funder compliance requirements.
- Manage all aspects of financing developments; identify funding sources and complete loan/funding applications; secure predevelopment, construction and permanent financing.
- Manage the construction process; select and negotiate contracts with contractors; monitor construction team. Experience with managing job site meetings, invoicing, compliance, and permitting is desirable.
- Manage transition to operations; work with property management to monitor tenant selection and lease up.
- Maintain relationships with public officials, government agencies, banks, tax credit investors, foundations, and community and non-profit partners.
- Assist with preparation of responses to development RFPs.
- Complete research tasks in order to support development team, including research on warranty issues, appliances, and other products, as requested.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field such as urban planning, business, construction management, architecture, or real estate/housing development. A graduate degree is preferable.
- At least two years’ experience in housing development, project management, planning, business, finance, construction management or a related field.
- A proven ability to take project ideas to completion and creatively solve problems.
- Experience in preparation of proposals for philanthropic support, government grants, private and government loans, and investor consideration.
- Ability to initiate and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with team members, local government agencies, consultants, lenders/investors, and community stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively engage community representatives, including persons with diverse economic and educational backgrounds, in the real estate and community development process.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, and excellent analytical skills; proficiency in sophisticated financial analysis using Excel and with word processing software such as Microsoft Word.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving in the field of real estate development; enthusiasm and team building spirit.
- Commitment to ACTION-Housing’s mission of building affordable homes for Pittsburgh’s most vulnerable residents.
ACTION-Housing is an equal opportunity employer.
The salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, AD & D, short-term, and long-term disability insurance, 403(b), employer contributed retirement plan after one year of service, ten paid holidays, and a generous PTO policy.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com