Do you want to launch your career in a collaborative, fast-paced, and flexible work environment with a growing organization serving nonprofits all over Pennsylvania? The Administrative Specialist is one of five (5) vital staff positions that ensure that the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations (PANO) supports its 1,000+ members and other nonprofits around the state. Because this position supports every other staff member on the PANO team, the PANO board, and various committees and work groups, successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to listen well to best understand how to support both organizational workflow and individual work needs. We welcome candidates who want to contribute to PANO’s current racial justice conversations.
The PANO team embraces creative thinking and experiments together to fulfill our mission in the most efficient ways available in today’s work environment. This position is perfect for someone who enjoys ensuring smooth operations and processes while working collaboratively. The questions most asked by this position include: What conditions need to be in place for staff and volunteers to reach their highest potential when meeting PANO’s mission? How can PANO best organize to fulfill on our strategic priorities of nonprofit sector wellness and racial justice?
At PANO, we value the intersecting identities that candidates bring to the workplace. We welcome applicants from communities that have been historically excluded and marginalized.
General Administration (25%)
- Sets up processes to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Tracks current vendor contracts and coordinates others to the timely renewal or implementation of new contracts.
- Assists with answering phones and email inquiries.
- Coordinates board and staff meeting logistics.
- Oversees the organization of PANO documents, both hard-copy and electronic, following PANO’s document retention policy.
- Prepares invoices and contracts and tracks payments received from consulting clients, donors, and sponsors.
- Supports other staff functions—implementing processes that take into account both the overall organizational needs and the way individuals think and process.
Supports Other Staff Functions (75%)
- Oversees and manages PANO’s member database, job board, online resource library, and store.
- Coordinates monthly membership mailings and ensures sponsorship fulfillment.
- Updates and maintains the PANO website, event calendar, and job board.
- Maintains and updates PANO’s various email distribution lists.
- Coordinates all external communications efforts with PANO Team.
- Monitors the implementation of branding and messaging through all PANO internal and external communications.
- Assists with all aspects of PANO’s Standards for Excellence programming.
- Assists with event registration and membership renewals.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills, with demonstrated experience managing task completion.
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point.
- Experience in database, social media, and website management.
- Must be flexible and thorough.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment—to change the wings on the plane while flying.
- Belief in PANO’s Core Values.
- Ability to grow with PANO in providing a welcoming, inclusive culture that embraces intersecting identities.
- The belief that anything is possible—together.
- Desire to engage in lifelong learning, both personally and professionally.
- Passion for impacting the lives of others.
- Desire to be part of something bigger than yourself.
- A great sense of humor.
- Patience to be interrupted from work several times a day with the focus to keep on going anyway.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position, paying $39,000 annually.
- We believe in work-life balance and are committed to providing the opportunity of working from home when possible.
- We provide 20 days off, 12 paid holidays and a flexible, family-friendly schedule.
- We provide medical (PPO) coverage with a 10% staff contribution, and access to dental, vision, and retirement options.
OUR HIRING PROCESS AND TIMELINE
- We will continue to review applications and conduct phone and Zoom interviews on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
- Finalists will be invited to a second-round, in-person interview at our Harrisburg office located at 4801 Lindle Road, Harrisburg, PA 17111. At this face-to-face interview, we will ask candidates to provide two work samples created, and do some test work-related tasks (e.g., database tasks, excel-based tasks).
- Ideally, the selected candidate will start no later than October 31, 2021.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Anne Gingerich, Executive Director of PANO (firstname.lastname@example.org). What PANO is looking for in the cover letter is the connection between a candidate’s experience and the responsibilities of the Administrative and Operations Specialist.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com