Pittsburgh Urban Christian School (PUCS)
Website Pittsburgh Urban Christian School (PUCS)
Part time (20 hours per week)
At Pittsburgh Urban Christian School (PUCS) our mission is to equip students to engage the world with their unique, God-given gifts. PUCS provides an excellent education in an urban setting for a racially and economically diverse group of students. We are committed to educating from a Christian perspective with a curriculum characterized by integral thematic units, close student teacher interaction and substantive parental involvement. By offering a high quality, affordable education, PUCS seeks to play a leading role in enhancing the quality of life for the people of Wilkinsburg and surrounding communities. Our staff of certified teachers is dedicated to facilitating each student’s spiritual, personal, social, academic and physical growth.
PUCS serves 130 students ranging from Pre-Kindergarten to eighth grade. PUCS employs 19 talented faculty and staff who are devoted to creating a rich learning environment for students. Our talented teachers help foster an environment that empowers PUCS students to realize their full potential and set them up for a successful post-PUCS educational experience.
Please review the PUCS website for further detail on the PUCS approach to learning and the impact PUCS has had on the community.
Job Description: This role supports PUCS in all areas related to student recruitment, enrollment, and retention. In this role you will help design and execute annual admission and enrollment goals and strategies in accordance with the School’s commitment to promote economic, geographic, racial, and ethnic diversity in the student body, based on enrollment goals set by the Board of Trustees and feedback from the senior staff on the composition of the student body.
This position reports to the Development Director.
- Acts as the main point of contact for all school admission inquiries.
- Formulate annual Admission and Enrollment Action Plan with goals and objectives.
- Oversee the admission information management software, the online application and submission of materials utilizing
- Manage new student enrollment and the re-enrollment process of current students.
- Develop and manage Admissions/Marketing calendar – Schedule appointments, tours, open houses, assessments, etc. with prospective families and other contacts.
- Assist with admissions-related events (some virtually, until we can safely host events in person again), including tracking RSVPs, following up with event reminders and confirmations.
- Assist with planning and execution of school-wide events such as the Serve-A-Thon, Major Donor events and fundraisers.
- Assist with post-event follow up as needed – generate thank you letters, send follow up emails, provide attendance statistics, share event photos, etc. Generate statistical admissions reports
- Assist with creating and maintaining brochures, literature, and promotional materials.
- Assist with preparation of multimedia outreach projects such as video content and interactive social media content.
- Support the Executive Director and Financial Secretary as they strategically allocate Financial Aid funds in order to maximize enrollment.
- Assist in training parents, staff and board to promote the school
- Assist with other recruitment duties as needed
- Participate in evening and weekend meetings and events as needed
- A proven track record of building and sustaining racial and economic diversity in a student body and a deep understanding of the educational value of a diverse community
- Excellent and engaging communication skills
- Strong command of customer service skills and willing to go the extra mile
- Able to self-direct
- High degree of organization
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong follow through with projects and tasks
- Adept with technology, motivation to learn industry-specific programs and other software quickly and independently
- Microsoft Office Suite (advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel a plus), GSuite integrations (Classroom, Calendar, Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms), database management
- Proficiency with FACTS preferred
- Must have access to a personal vehicle to travel to our school and community events
- Three or more years of related experience, and/or equivalent experience and training
- References required
Values and Job-Management Style:
- Approaches challenges with a problem solving, forward-thinking mindset
- Operates with integrity and in the interest of the school.
- Warm, friendly and welcoming demeanor; enjoys connecting with children and adolescents.
- Proactive, continually looking for ways to improve systems
- Demonstrates trustworthiness in dealing with confidential matters.
- Enjoys working in an educational setting and interacting with students and their parents, and collaborating with a variety of colleagues
- Long-term employment commitment.
- Flexibility, able to work occasional evenings and weekends as necessary
- Team mentality
Required Legal Documents:
- Federal Criminal History Record
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check (Act 34)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 33/151)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest
- Three references
- Personal Statement of Christian Faith / Experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com