LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
COME WORK WITH US:
The Allegheny Conference on Community Development is one of the nation’s leading economic and community development organizations. The Conference brings together public and private sector leaders to improve the overall economy and quality of life for the 10-county Pittsburgh region.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Director, Investor Relations position will generate proposals and close sales by prospecting, qualifying, and securing meetings with C-suite decision makers of targeted companies. It is critical that this individual understand and share the mission, vision, and value-proposition of the Conference & affiliates; be excited about and supportive of the work we do; have a strong desire to grow our business through sales/relationship acquisition; and is driven by a desire to exceed goals and contribute to a strong sales culture.
- Execute annual development plan to exceed fundraising and revenue goals.
- Responsible for prospective & new members of the Allegheny Conference Regional Investors Council, including conducting research to identify prospects for membership.
- Develop business and high-level contact relationships with targeted prospects. Use research and prospecting resources such as: traditional media, online, social media and networking.
- Prepare / update external pitch materials and partner resources.
- Identify new strategic opportunities to grow membership, Conference sponsorships, and grants.
- Responsible for expanding community relations and informing partners of strategic business goals.
- Works with VP of IR to keep Senior Staff informed of investor feedback and perceptions.
- Interact with the corporate and non-profit leaders on behalf of the Allegheny conference including building long term relationships with investors and community leaders.
- Develop investor confidence and belief in the organization’s vision and strategy for delivering shareholder value.
- Enter and analyze data through CRM tool (Salesforce) to ensure and monitor member engagement and success and quickly identify revenue-generating potential/opportunities. Measures/metrics may include; sales life cycle, prospecting, retention, close ratio, and trending.
- Assists with the development and implementation of a short and long-term advancement plan to meet established revenue goals and objectives. This type of strategic effort is done periodically and includes, but is not limited to, strategic initiatives for securing sponsorships, corporate and foundation grants, implementing a robust funding framework, defining stewardship, and prospecting tactics, enhancing special fundraising/cultivation events, and developing new approaches to supporting traditional advancement initiatives.
- Works closely with Allegheny Conference affiliates by securing sponsorships for special events and receptions as needed throughout the year.
- Attends external meetings and events as an Investor Relations representative of the Allegheny Conference.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility for other duties and projects as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or business administration preferred or commensurate experience.
- Familiarity with business development, communications, and event planning & execution.
- Knowledge of Pittsburgh region a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business development, sales, or event planning. Experience with a CRM Required.
- Confident and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of individuals from all sectors of the community including C-suite level executives
- Strong negotiation skills
- Project management, time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional editing competencies and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasking and multi-deadline environment
- Ability to balance and prioritize requests from a variety of sources, both internal and external
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external clients and exercise sound judgment, maturity and diplomacy
- Self-starter with solutions-oriented attitude and proven ability to work in team environment
- Effective collaborator with all departments internally
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Salesforce proficiency is preferred
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Competitive salary $60,000- $75,000
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Bonus opportunity
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and highly talented team of professionals
Interested applicants should provide resume & cover letter.
Applications without all documents will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit www.alleghenyconference.org.