LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
COME WORK WITH US
The Allegheny Conference brings together public and private leaders to set a vision and build broad consensus needed to improve the economic future and quality of life in southwestern Pennsylvania.
The Conference team is committed to achieving the bold vision of a vital, globally competitive region that delivers a next generation economy for all.
Learn more at AlleghenyConference.org.
The primary role of the Events Director will be to work across the organization on the successful planning and production of events that support the Allegheny Conference’s goals and objectives, including member engagement and other financial and operational goals.
The ideal candidate will have experience producing a range of professional meetings and events. They will be a strong communicator (listening, speaking and writing) and have a passion for detail. They will be flexible, creative, and able to adapt to today’s event planning realities. They will enjoy working alongside others and adapting to different workstyles. They will be skillful at building collaborative relationships – internally and externally – and enjoy diving in and rolling up their sleeves when the job calls for it.
- Plans and implements a variety of organizational events (in-person, virtual and hybrid), including member meetings, special topic briefings, legislative receptions, marketing events, the organization’s annual meeting and other events. Maintains an organizational calendar of events.
- Meets with stakeholders to gain an understanding of each event’s purposes and goals.
- Develops the scope of events (time, date, location, audience, and budget).
- Identifies and coordinates with venues and vendors – ensuring they meet event and budget objectives.
- Reviews, negotiates, and manages vendor contracts.
- Plans and coordinates event logistics and services, including technology and equipment, food and beverage, transportation, lodging, staffing and other support needs, budget management and more.
- Partners with the organization’s membership staff on sponsorship fulfillment related to events.
- Contributes to the development of invitations, distribution lists and registration forms. Tracks responses with an eye toward achieving attendance goals of each event.
- Leverages the organization’s CRM and other digital tools to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of marketing and communications efforts especially as they relate to events.
- Stays abreast of trends and innovations in event planning and keeps colleagues informed of these trends and inspired by them. Uses events to drive organizational success.
- Establishes metrics and reports regularly on progress.
- Ensures compliance with writing, graphic and brand standards across organizational materials and events.
- Contributes to the efficiency of the organization by performing other duties and participating in special projects, as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, marketing, communications, business, or related field.
Knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- 5 years corporate event management/planning/directing experience.
- Project, time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects, prioritize and adjust quickly to changes while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external clients, consistently exercise good judgment and diplomacy, and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends on occasion.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Salesforce, Mail Chimp (or similar bulk email system), Formstack (or other similar system) and virtual meeting tools.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and highly talented team of professional
Interested applicants should provide resume & cover letter: https://www.alleghenyconference.org/about/careers-with-the-conference/application/
Applications without all documents will not be considered
To apply for this job please visit www.alleghenyconference.org.