This position provides professional senior-level administrative assistance to the CEO, performing complex and confidential administrative functions. The position requires a high degree of business acumen and the ability to manage projects and influence others on behalf of the executive. It requires a thorough overall knowledge of the goals and direction of the organization and the ability to work closely with senior management. The nature of the work requires exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and sound judgment.
This position will have a dotted-line responsibility to the administrative support staff to ensure the delivery of effective, efficient, and cost-efficient coordination of administrative services required to meet the organization’s goals.
- Manages CEO’s schedule using discretion in establishing priorities. Schedules complex appointments, coordinates meeting and travel arrangements. Serves as a gatekeeper, understanding in varying degree the requirements of the CEO. Manages CEO’s travel arrangements and proactively coordinates the preplanning of travel including arrangement of appropriate visas, materials, etc.
- Provides executive-level support to CEO and, when needed, to members of the senior management team. Independently facilitates the work of the CEO by establishing, organizing and maintaining files, records and other related materials as required. Anticipates the CEO’s needs, proactively acts accordingly and delegates when appropriate.
- Serves as a liaison between CEO, staff, Board members, Investors, partners, and outside organizations to ensure efficient and timely flow of work and assist in facilitating action and responses as needed. Establishes and maintains relationships with Board members, Investors and their organizational staff.
- Serves as the lead in preparation for Board and Executive Committee meetings, including tracking, monitoring, and following the progress of open items, drafting the agenda, monitoring attendance setting the timetable for Board material preparation, producing a final draft of the Board book and accurate minutes. Handle all logistical aspects of meeting
- Manages incoming and outgoing communications (written, verbal and electronic). Drafts letters, memoranda; reports and presentations on behalf of the CEO. Prepares/formats correspondence and reports on regular basis. Routes and responds to correspondence on behalf of the executive. Handles telephone inquiries and requests; responds to requests by researching the issues, gathering data, and providing information when appropriate or filtering inquiries to appropriate staff for resolution or action.
- Works with senior management to develop individual annual goals for the administrative staff to support organization’s needs, periodic check-ins with staff and identifies professional development opportunities to enhance skills and support changing technology.
- Serves as project manager for special projects, at the request of the CEO.
- Contributes to the efficiency of the organization by performing other duties and participating in special projects, as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree, business school or equivalent training/experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and Power Point. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Minimum of 5-7 years supporting C-Level/Executive management in the for-profit and/or non-profit environment required.
- Ability to work and thrive in a complex environment, juggling multiple tasks.
- Ability to balance and prioritize demands from a variety of sources, to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to work independently and with discretion, and to effectively delegate.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact diplomatically with poise and tact in high-volume setting, deal effectively with senior-level leadership, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a wide range of individuals.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership.
- Detail oriented.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and highly talented team of professional
To apply for this job please visit www.alleghenyconference.org.