Allegheny County Bar Foundation
Website Allegheny County Bar Foundation
The Heart of Pittsburgh's Legal Community
The Allegheny County Bar Foundation, a downtown Pittsburgh based charitable foundation, is accepting applications for the position of Projects & Programs Manager, an immediate full-time opening.
The ACBA is the driving force in promoting justice for all and improving the community through public service law-related programs in the Pittsburgh region. The Foundation raises, manages and distributes funds, encourages and assists lawyers to provide pro bono legal services, and develops and supports public service initiatives.
This position plans and executes the Foundation’s events and programs and works to achieve annual and long-range funding goals for the organization.
Major duties of the position include:
- Planning and executing the Foundation’s events, including the annual golf tournament and silent auction, by selecting and negotiating with venues and adhering to event budgets.
- Working to achieve annual and long-range funding goals through campaigns, programs, sponsorships, and events.
- Managing Fellows program by assisting with the identification of candidates for recognition, planning annual events, and overseeing donation record keeping.
- Planning educational programing by assisting with topic and speaker selection.
- Implementing a comprehensive donor recognition program.
Qualification and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required. Special consideration will be given to candidates with a Juris Doctor degree or who have worked in the legal field.
- At least 5 years of prior project management experience in a non-profit setting and a successful track record of donor relations and fundraising. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to move between and prioritize tasks.
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills -The Projects and Programs Manager has extensive contact with Bar Association members and the general public and writes letters, articles, and reports regularly.
- Strong computer skills, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as database experience. Because the position uses both association membership and donation tracking software, the ability to quickly learn new software packages is a must. Donor software experience is a plus. The ideal candidate should also have prior experience working with social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Financial management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to solicit, direct, and motivate volunteers.
For more information on the Bar Foundation, please visit www.acbf.org.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer. For consideration please submit and resume and cover letter. No telephone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org