Allegheny County Medical Society
Website Allegheny County Medical Society
Established in 1865, the Allegheny County Medical Society is the leading professional association of physicians in Pennsylvania. Our mission is improving healthcare through education, advocacy, service, and physician well-being. Our vision is a healthy region with compassionate medical care.
The Assistant to the CEO reports directly to the CEO and works with him/her to meet the Society’s goals and objectives. Position requires daily interaction with physician membership, the Pennsylvania Medical Society, related associations and specialty societies, various outside vendor/sources and the general public.
The Assistant works with the officers of the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors and provides general administrative services as required. The Assistant is staff liaison for the following committees: Peer Review Board, Awards Committee, Legislative Committee, Nominating Committee, PAMED Delegation and the ACMS Foundation. Other liaison activities include staff support for the Association Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Governance and ACMS Management
Maintain ACMS database (updates to contact information, dues and other information relating to each member).
Develop the timeline and execution of governance meetings of the Allegheny County Medical Society and Allegheny County Medical Society Foundation including:
- ACMS Board of Directors
- ACMS Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Nominating Committee and Election
- ACMS Delegation to the Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Legislative Committee
- Special Committees as designated
- ACMS Awards Committee
- ACMS Governing and Operational Manuals
- ACMS Foundation Board of Directors and Annual Gala
- Exercise significant responsibility and discretion in the identification, negotiation and oversight of vendor services for office administration.
- Support the CEO in the execution of governance activities as well as routine administrative and operational activities including phone receptionist, office supplies, stationery, business cards, and other promotional materials.
- Updates manuals including Who’s Who Leadership Manual, Board of Directors, Policies and Procedures, Operations, Bylaws, Personnel, ACMS Position Statements and all other organizational administrative documentation.
- Maintain ACMS’ organizational policies, procedures documentation, as well as managing password databases and associated accounts.
- Understands that the time commitment is not limited to business hours of operation; evenings and weekend work is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be extremely organized, high-energy, and detail-oriented professional accustomed to working with senior leadership/management and balancing multiple responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in administrative assisting, business, finance, or another related field.
- Five to seven years’ experience as an executive assistant or in an administrative role
- Knowledge and/or experience in healthcare or nonprofit management is a plus
- Excellent MS Office knowledge, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proficient in customer relationship management software
- Proficient and resourceful in conducting research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in maintaining data, creating reports
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, if requested
- Communication and marketing skills.
- Project management experience.
- Good leadership skills.
- Highly Organized.
- Good time management.
- Proficiency in various event software.
- Proven experience as event manager.
- Skilled in project management.
- Knowledge of performance indicators and marketing techniques for event management.
- Computer savvy; proficient in Windows Office Suite and Association Management Software such as Wild Apricot, Zoom, Virtual Conference Platforms, Google Calendar, Drop Box and Stripe.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A knack for problem-solving.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Ability to write clear and effective communication
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- Makes independent decisions and takes action during peak/crisis periods.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, transport objects up to 25 pounds, climb stairs, and talk or hear.
Regular full-time position (Exempt). Typically, this is 40-45 hours per workweek and hours fluctuate seasonally.
Equal Employer Opportunity
The Allegheny County Medical Society provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allegheny County Medical Society complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email submissions only. Please send a cover letter and resume. All candidate submissions should be combined in a single PDF with the applicant’s name in the file name. Please do not include information in email but include important information for consideration in cover letter content. Do not make multiple submissions. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com