Allegheny County Medical Society
Website Allegheny County Medical Society
Established in 1865, the Allegheny County Medical Society is the leading professional association of physicians in Pennsylvania. Our mission is improving healthcare through education, advocacy, service, and physician well-being. Our vision is a healthy region with compassionate medical care.
The Association Coordinator/Meeting Planner provides association management services to the Pittsburgh Urological Association, the American College of Surgeons Southwestern PA Chapter, the ACMS Foundation and the Pennsylvania Geriatrics Society Western Division (hereafter known as Association Management Partners).
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform association management services for Association Management Partners’.
- Manage meetings and events: find and book venues or arrange virtual platforms, maintain relationships with customers and vendors, handle event logistics including onsite staff support, manage budgets and invoicing, manage CME, manage risk and present post-event reports.
- Handle membership management, as well as monitoring finances.
- Conduct negotiation on behalf of ACMS for the scope of work for association management services.
- Recruit sponsors and provide oversight of sponsor and vendor relationships: Track deliverables, gather logo and company information and assure appropriate acknowledgement.
- Manage administration for Association Management Partners:
- General correspondence to members, officers, and board of directors.
- Communications (phone, email, correspondence, and marketing).
- File maintenance and updates.
- Website creation and updates.
- Support the management of all ACMS events, collaborating with team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Four-year degree (or equivalent experience) in marketing, public relations, communications, hospitality, nonprofit management or related field.
- Communication and marketing skills.
- Project management experience.
- Good leadership skills.
- Highly Organized. Exceptional proofreading and good eye for detail.
- Good time management.
- Proficiency in various event software.
- Proven experience as event manager.
- Skilled in project management.
- Knowledge of performance indicators and marketing techniques for event management.
- Computer savvy; proficient in Windows Office Suite and Association Management Software such as Wild Apricot, Zoom, Virtual Conference Platforms, Google Calendar, Drop Box and Stripe.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
- A knack for problem-solving.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Ability to write clear and effective communication
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Regular full-time position (Exempt). Typically, this is 40-45 hours per workweek and hours fluctuate seasonally.
Equal Employer Opportunity
The Allegheny County Medical Society provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allegheny County Medical Society complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email submissions only. Please send a cover letter and resume. All candidate submissions should be combined in a single PDF with the applicant’s name in the file name. Please do not include information in email but include important information for consideration in cover letter content. Do not make multiple submissions. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org