The Allegheny County Parks system, located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, consists of approximately 12,000 acres in nine parks that surround the City of Pittsburgh within a 15- to 20-mile radius of downtown Pittsburgh. The park system is rich in recreational, natural and historic resources, which require ongoing investment to reach and maintain their full potential. In 2002, Allegheny County adopted the Allegheny County Parks Comprehensive Master Plan, identifying the future capital and maintenance needs for the parks. In 2007, the Allegheny County Parks Foundation (Foundation) was established to create a private/public partnership that would help implement the goals and recommendations of the Allegheny County Parks Comprehensive Master Plan. In order to leverage private sector funding, the County set aside $10 million from its capital budget for the Foundation to match from the private sector toward park improvement projects. In addition, Allegheny County has supported the Parks Foundation for a portion of its operational costs.
The Allegheny County Parks Foundation strengthens the health and vibrancy of our community by improving, conserving and restoring the nine Allegheny County parks. Working in partnership with Allegheny County, the Parks Foundation brings together ideas, leadership and resources to make the parks more sustainable and enjoyable for all.
The Allegheny County Parks Foundation raises public and private funds from foundations, corporations, state and federal grant programs and individuals to design and implement projects in our parks. We commission and conduct surveys, plans and ecological assessments of our individual parks and park system which guide the strategic development of improvements in all nine county parks. All projects are undertaken in partnership with Allegheny County, and the county matches most private and non-county public funds raised by the Parks Foundation.
Currently, the staff of the Allegheny County Parks Foundation consists of five full-time and two part-time employees, including the Executive Director, Capital Projects Director, Capital Projects Manager, Institutional Giving and Project Manager, Individual Giving Manager, Communications and Marketing Manager and Administrative Manager.
The Administrative Manager reports to the Executive Director and assists all Parks Foundation staff, is responsible to provide administrative services for the Parks Foundation in office management, telephone reception, email inquiries, appointment and meeting scheduling, document preparation and organizing.
This position is full-time as defined in the Parks Foundation Employee Handbook and/or an employee’s offer letter. Because of the Foundation’s small staff size, the Administrative Manager is often required to undertake specific tasks that may not be part of the duties specifically listed under the job description.
Administrative Manager Duties & Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake basic bookkeeping tasks, in coordination with and oversight by the Executive Director, Bookkeeper and Auditor. Point of contact for bookkeeping service and auditors.
- Compile audit samples for yearly audited financials in coordination with the Bookkeeper, Executive Director, Project Director and Auditor.
- Prepare monthly accounting reports from Quickbooks in cooperation with the Bookkeeper.
- Compile information for 990/BCO-10 state and federal tax returns in coordination with Auditor.
- Facilitate completion of staff expense reports, PNC transactions, on-line donation sites and bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Handle receipt and processing of all mail, including Accounts Payable.
- Assist with preparation of correspondence and other documents as needed to support the business of the Parks Foundation.
- Research and compile information as needed by other staff.
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic records of the Parks Foundation’s official business.
- Maintain calendar of and track key dates of fundraising events, vacation schedules, holidays and other significant dates and commitments. (See governance tracking below.)
- Establish and maintain files.
- Order supplies and manage inventory.
- Manage petty cash account, with oversight by the Executive Director.
- Perform other administrative duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Tracks periodic insurance renewals and pension contributions.
- Point of contact for payroll service.
- Assist with preparation of fundraising proposals and grant reports.
- Prepare paper Grant files.
- Assist in event planning and implementation.
- Assist with the process of donor acknowledgements such as printing, getting signatures, scanning, naming and mailing acknowledgements.
- Assist with mailing for fundraising appeals.
- Assist at fundraising events.
- Assist with preparation of correspondence and other documents as needed for Board and Committee meeting materials and minutes.
- Draft the Board of Director meeting minutes for review by Executive Director and Project Director.
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic records of the Parks Foundation’s board and committee meeting minutes.
- Maintain calendar of and track dates of Outlook invitations, mailing of meeting materials and board and committee meetings.
- Keep Orientation binder up to date for new board members.
- Post secondary education in administrative areas related to computer skills, bookkeeping and office organization, plus at least three to five years of related office experience.
- Respects the need for wellness and healthy lifestyles.
- Supports the concept of green design and environmentally sustainable development.
- Understands the public and private sectors and the need for collaboration as represented by the Parks Foundation.
Salary and Benefits
The Administrative Manager is a full-time, salaried position, starting at $40,000 annually, negotiable depending on experience. Benefits include health insurance, general time-off benefits and a modest retirement account contribution.
The Allegheny County Parks Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email resume and cover letter to Susan Kernick, firstname.lastname@example.org, by November 1, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com