About the Allegheny County Parks Foundation:
The Allegheny County Parks Foundation strengthens the health and vibrancy of our community by improving, conserving and restoring the nine Allegheny County parks. Working in partnership with Allegheny County, the Parks Foundation brings together ideas, leadership and resources to make the parks more sustainable and enjoyable for all. The Allegheny County Parks Foundations raises public and private funds from foundations, corporations, state and federal grant programs and individuals to design and implement projects in our parks in partnership with Allegheny County.
The Development and Marketing Assistant is a new position, reporting to the Individual Giving Manager. The position will encompass all aspects of fundraising, marketing and communications and event planning, with the goal of raising money and promoting awareness and visibility for the Allegheny County Parks Foundation.
This is an entry-level position designed for a creative and enthusiastic individual who is a self-motivated team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment and complement a strong and well-functioning team. The Assistant will participate in a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
- Manage Database – Enter information, run reports, update records, pull mailing lists
- Draft and help prepare fundraising appeal letters and related materials
- Draft and prepare a variety of acknowledgement letters for donations
- Conduct individual, corporate, foundation and government donor research
- Perform data analysis to determine effectiveness of campaigns
- Create and update fundraising platforms as needed
- Assist with grant writing, monitoring and reporting
- Help coordinate marketing with fundraising efforts
- Manage social media channels
- Help with strategy to grow social media audience
- Post regular content
- Assist with newsletter strategy and content
- Help with design needs
- Update website
- Help identify and solicit potential sponsors, vendors and partners for fundraising events
- Draft and edit correspondence used to create sponsorship packages to solicit funds from potential corporate, retail and small business sponsors
- Prepare and deliver “pitch” presentations to sponsors
- Assist with all phases of pre-planning and event-day activities
- Assist with post-event evaluation and follow-up
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (marketing, communications, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational, self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently, with keen attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel is required
- Ability to manage and enter information into databases
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, a plus
- Comfortable working in a variety of settings
- Experience working with social media platforms is a must
- Must possess a cell phone, valid driver’s license and a car
- Excellent team player focused on advancing the mission of the Parks Foundation
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds
The position is full-time exempt. Salary is commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills within the range of $35,000-$45,000. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and personal time off; medical, dental and life insurance; and contribution to a retirement account.
Current work conditions during COVID-19 have been remote with occasional on-site meetings required, though this is likely to change as the pandemic recedes.
The Allegheny County Parks Foundation is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should apply by sending a resume and cover letter with the subject line “Development & Marketing Assistant Application” to Caitlin Harpster via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be submitted by Monday, January 31, 2022 at 5pm.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com