Allegheny League of Municipalities
Website Allegheny League of Municipalities
The Allegheny League of Municipalities, a Pittsburgh based non-profit organization primarily working with municipal governments seeks a Programs and Services Coordinator to be an integral member of a small team supporting local officials tasked with significant oversight of numerous community services from public safety and public works to tax policy, finance and human resource administration. In doing so, you will:
- Horizontally manage various programs and services offered by the association. This includes determining timelines, developing program metrics, producing deliverables, and evaluating results. Examples of current programs offered by the association include but are not limited to:
- The Association’s Banner Community Program, designed to encourage municipal governments to engage in best practices in municipal administration.
- Annual Survey of Compensation and Benefits, which compiles and aggregates data to assist municipalities with human resource benchmarking.
- Educational programming delivered through conferences and seminars to provide news, information and available resources to municipal stakeholders.
- Maintain a working knowledge of funding, technical assistance and other resources available to local governments from both governmental partners (federal, state, county) as well as private and non-traditional sources. Serve as a conduit to local government entities to increase awareness of such opportunities.
- Spearhead the gathering and maintenance of organizational data, ensuring accuracy of municipal information including contact information for municipal officials and other stakeholders. Develop a process to regularly complete data updates to ensure accuracy and efficiency to ensure maximum reach.
Required Job Skills
Have a strong comfortability working with data. Be able to use Microsoft Excel at a moderate to high level and use functions and formulas across multiple sheets and multiple workbooks. Additionally, be willing to learn the organization’s CRM database and become the in-house expert in the system.
- Develop surveys (both quantitative and qualitative) and compile results into analytical data to ensure the effectiveness of organization programs.
- Regularly interface with constituents both electronically, via phone and in person to implement organizational initiatives and provide high quality customer service.
- Think independently and analytically, applying logic to various tasks and projects with the goal of enhancing the constituent experience and creating organizational efficiencies.
- Be comfortable working independently to complete projects, while also working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the successful implementation of programs and services
- Knowledge and understanding of local government a plus but not required.
Beyond the core skills required of the position, be prepared for an “all hands on deck” work environment, with a willingness to handle other duties as assigned, particularly when assisting with key organizational events. Those interesting in being a part of our association will have the opportunity to interface with a grateful constituency, a flexible work environment and a competitive benefits package.
The association requests applicants submit a letter of interest, resume and desired salary range to: email@example.com
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org