For over 27 years, the Allegheny Regional Asset District (RAD) has invested in Allegheny County’s quality of life through financial support of public libraries, parks and trails, regional attractions, arts and cultural organizations, sports and civic facilities, public transit, and local municipal services through an additional, countywide one percent sales and use tax. Since its inception, RAD has resulted in over $4 billion invested in the region. RAD seeks a Receptionist / Office Assistant.
The position reports to the Executive Director and requires close collaboration with other members of the RAD staff, board, advisory board, and public. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, solutions-oriented, collaborative, and congenial, with well-developed writing, communication, and organizational skills. This position entails independent work (such as daily clerical duties, office maintenance, and administrative tasks), coordinating meetings and managing associated materials, developing schedules and agendas, and maintaining accurate databases. The work is highly detail-oriented and requires consistent accuracy, multi-tasking, flexibility, precision, patience, efficiency, discretion, and good sense of humor.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
Daily office tasks:
- Maintain daily office schedule and provide administrative support as needed
- Answer calls and emails efficiently and courteously providing requested information or routing to proper staff. Act as resource for staff regarding phone system.
- Greet and direct visitors to appropriate person or meeting room
- Process and distribute mail and packages received and coordinate shipments from the office
- Order general supplies and keep the supplies well-stocked and organized
- Accurate organization and maintenance of files and databases
- Act as liaison with building management and cleaning of the office
- Maintain the public areas, including the kitchen, in clean and orderly fashion
- Maintain office equipment, including copier, postage machine, etc. Act as liaison for equipment troubleshooting and education of staff.
Meetings and events:
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and events, working closely with board members and their assistants
- Assist in the preparation, organizations, and dissemination of meeting materials
- Set up conference rooms for organizational meetings as needed and maintain room schedules
- Attend all staff and board meetings
Other administrative support:
- Assist in funding application process
- Develop and manage agendas and calendars
- Support the preparation of finance and expense reports
- Process invoices, prepare mailings and billings, and create expense reports for signatures
- Assist with editing and creation of Word and Excel documents and PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with website content and maintenance
- Maintain RAD’s internal asset/equipment inventory list
- Coordinate all RAD offsite documentation storage, to include maintenance of summary document, processing of all new offsite documents, and assisting with deletion of non-essential documents.
- Maintain discretion in confidential matters
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented with three to six years of experience working in a professional environment. Experience in or knowledge of government or foundation environments would be particularly valuable, though not necessary. Applicants should possess:
- Demonstrated experience with the above duties
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, (Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus, but not mandatory)
- Working knowledge of Govenda (formerly Board Book It), OR similar digital meeting applications
- Demonstrated use of virtual meeting platforms (i.e. Zoom, MS Teams)
- Knowledge of and ability to learn general database applications
- Ability to produce business correspondence including mail merge
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Polished, professional attitude
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, work efficiently and effectively, and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A great sense of humor
This is a full-time in office position starting at $36K annually with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance and general time-off benefits including holiday, vacation, personal, and sick days. Salary is negotiable for candidates with demonstrated experience. We are willing to entertain a part-time employment relationship if the position interests you.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter describing your fit for the position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject Line: Receptionist / Office Assistant.
The position is currently available.
Allegheny Regional Asset District (RAD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com