Website Amachi Pittsburgh
Thriving beyond the trauma of parental incarceration
This position is responsible for ensuring that Amachi Pittsburgh demonstrates the power of mentoring and related services on individual youth as well as the collective impact of Amachi’ s programming on families, schools and communities through its operations. Working in collaboration with the entire Amachi team, but specifically the Director of Mentoring and Partner Relations, this position will oversee the day-to-day activities of Amachi, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively utilizes the nationally recognized Amachi model.
The Director of Strategy and Operations develops and directs the strategic and long-range goals of the organization including crafting policy and legislative agenda, documenting advocacy processes and contacts, tracking legislation that affects families, and convening statewide coalitions. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Strategy and Operations also provides leadership and support to staff.
The Ambassador Coordinator and the Programs Outcomes Analyst reports to this position.
Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the Amachi’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Participates in the hiring and training of all Amachi employees.
- Organizes and oversees the work and schedules of team members.
- Ensures all performance evaluations are conducted in a timely and constructive manner.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with Amachi policy.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Works in collaboration with Director of Mentoring and Partner Relations to ensure that all are reaching goals set by departmental and Amachi leadership.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, technology, and stakeholders to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Collaborates with Amachi staff and board to develop long-range, strategic goals for the organization.
- Identifies and reviews market trends; analyzes and applies this information in development of strategies for the organization.
- Monitor’s social justice or industry climate, trends in technology and development, and government activity in areas of the Amachi current and anticipated services/programs.
- Serves as negotiator with third parties for potential contracts or program offerings.
- Communication-Effective in multiple modes of two-way communication including verbal, written, listening, negotiation and presentation.
- Relationship Building-Develops strong working relationships with individuals internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Effective Time Management-Demonstrated ability to manage resources and time to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
- Agility-Ability to adjust behaviors, attitudes, and work processes to meet the changing needs of the clients, community, and organization. Brings innovative and creative ideas and solutions to Amachi.
- Client Focus-Deliver’s service to meet expectations of both internal and external clients, stakeholders through the establishing of strong relationships.
- Critical Thinker-Works through challenges using a logical process to generate solutions or decisions. Explores new concepts with creativity and enthusiasm.
- Teamwork-Participates and collaborates with other team members. At all levels builds effective teams to achieve Amachi’ s organizational strategy.
- Results Focused-Sets appropriate goals and gets the job done. Responds to a challenge with drive and enthusiasm.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- BS, or BA(Masters preferred) from an accredited college or university in Social Services or related field or 10 years of equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated ability managing others
- Able to pass Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances
- Valid PA driver’s license with a clean driving record and a reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to supervise MSW students, AmeriCorps volunteers, and interns.
- Proficient with technology on a variety of platforms e.g., Microsoft Office Applications, Social Media, Zoom, and Teams.
- Experience working with collaborative partners, mentoring programs and/or family-centered, strength-based service provision. Experience motivating and supporting others.
- Experience working with marginalized populations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com