Encouraging Perfect Freedom of Economic Discussion
Entry-level position with prestigious publishing organization, assisting in the production of four peer-reviewed journals.
The Editorial Assistant supports the editors of the American Economic Journals in managing the peer review process.
Excellent benefits, including generous paid holidays and vacation/sick time, outstanding health insurance, and extraordinary retirement plan matching.
This an on-site position in Pittsburgh, PA. Only those currently residing in or returning to Pittsburgh should apply.
Include cover letter when applying.
- Processing manuscript submissions.
- Working with authors to ensure that all required materials are in order.
- Preparing decision letters.
- Verifying and proofreading references for accepted papers, formatting according to the Chicago Manual of Style and AEA house style.
- Maintaining in-house database of accepted articles.
- Running plagiarism checks.
- Monitoring general email account for the journals, answering emails directly or routing them to the appropriate staff member.
- Producing reports for the AEA administrative office and for the journal editors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years office experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good time-management and organizational skills
The AEA Publications office is located on Pittsburgh’s South Side. It is a professional, relaxed, and collaborative atmosphere.
The AEA does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, non-job-related disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org