American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania Region
Website American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania Region
DO YOU ENJOY ROAD TRIPS???
Purpose: To transport blood and blood products throughout the region in a safe and timely manner.
Reports To: Blood Services Greater Alleghenies: Biomedical Volunteer Scheduling Specialist II
- Distribute blood to area hospitals as routine
- Transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing site in Johnstown, PA.
- Pick up and return boxes as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures
- Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner
Time Commitment: Variable; preferred commitment: 2-4 shifts/month. Monday thru Friday.
- Willingness to support Red Cross mission
- Successful completion of background check and motor vehicle report
- Valid state Driver’s License with 3 years driving experience
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
- Able to verify safe driving records with state or insurance
- Current car registration and insurance required if using own vehicle
- Experience to demonstrate reliability
- Ability to lift up to 45lbs.
- Successful completion of American Red Cross Defensive Driving Course
Length of Appointment: On-Going
- Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community
- Validate driving experience for resume
- Opportunity to become a volunteer leader
- American Red Cross Volunteer Orientation
- Transportation Specialist Training
- On the Job training
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org