American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania Region
Website American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania Region
Purpose: Support the disaster recovery of individuals, families, and communities through the activities of Casework and Recovery Planning, Recovery Systems, and Community Recovery.
Reports To: DCS: Southwestern PA – Recovery Team Leader
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct client interviews: both initial interview and follow-up conversations, according to standards
- Assess qualifications for direct client assistance
- Use the Client Assistance System 2.0 to document the assistance and services provided in the client record according to standards
- Assist with recovery planning, problem-solving and advocacy on request according to standards
- Provide clients with information and referrals to community partners
- Learn about the Recovery activities and develop knowledge, skills, expertise in Casework and Recovery Planning, Systems and/or Community Recovery
- Has the option to work remotely after completing required training.
Time Commitment: Choose your availability schedule: daytime or early evening hours. After training, may be able to work from home.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
- Be kind, caring, resourceful, knowledgeable.
- Demonstrate interest in learning about community resource organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting. Has the ability to use CAS 2.0.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients, internal and external customers; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
Is able to: Sit for 2 hour periods.
Relationships: Works with Recovery Team Leaders and Members.
Based on skill and interests, become a Casework and Recovery Planning SV, a Community Recovery
Supervisor or a Systems Supervisor.
Training: Is in the process of completing or has completed the required training:
- Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
- Recovery Services: An Overview
- Casework and Recovery Planning Fundamentals
- Direct Client Assistance Fundamentals
- Meet the Client: What is a Family?
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org