January 2022-December 2024 Term – Board of Directors Position Description
Assemble, a nonprofit dedicated to fostering learning and creativity, is searching for committed and enthusiastic individuals to join its Board of Directors. As ambassadors of Assemble, our Directors provide leadership in the oversight and execution of Assemble’s strategic plan. It is important that Directors share Assemble’s vision for arts, STEAM education, the Maker movement, and community outreach. Director candidates should be ready to work collaboratively as part of a working Board while striving to become a governing Board. Directors are required to participate in at least one committee, each of which meets on a monthly basis or as needed.
Vision: Assemble envisions neighborhoods of empowered, diverse people who create, connect, learn, and transform together.
Mission: We build confidence through making by uniting communities of artists, technologists, makers, and learners.
Assemble’s Directors serve 3-year terms and are eligible for reappointment for 1 additional 3-year term for a total of 6 years. Board meetings are held 6 times a year in the odd-numbered months. Directors are required to attend — either in-person or virtually — all 6 of the Board meetings and the Board Retreat in addition to the committee meetings. Directors are expected to consider Assemble to be a philanthropic priority and to make and solicit annual gifts that reflect that priority.
Special consideration will be given to candidates who possess any of the following qualifications:
- Dedication towards Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, Inclusion, and Justice practices
- Identifying as BIPOC, LGBTIQIA+, or as an intersectional person of oppressed identities
- Experience or skills in one or more of the following:
- Legal expertise for nonprofit organizations
- Human resources management and procedures
- Non-profit accounting, finance, and experience setting up an endowment fund
- Operations, policy development, and public health expertise
- Leadership for strategic planning for growth and succession experience
- Interest in leading fundraising and friend-raising events to build Assemble’s donor base
- Interest and ability to build Assemble’s family of supporters, fans, and participants
- Connections to the Garfield/Friendship/Bloomfield community as a resident or via allied organizations
- Connections to the Technology, Art, and Creative Industries
If you have questions regarding a position or the commitment involved, please contact Brett Fulesday, Board President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in joining Assemble’s Board of Directors or a committee, please send an email of interest and a resume to email@example.com by November 12. No phone calls, please. If you are interested in learning more about Assemble, please join us for one of our meet and mix events:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org