Allegheny County Conservation District (ACCD)
Website Allegheny County Conservation District (ACCD)
Allegheny County Conservation District (ACCD) is part of a national regulatory network tasked with the mission to conserve, promote and improve our natural resources. ACCD is an innovative district with a diverse program portfolio including urban and rural agriculture, watershed stewardship, improvements to watersheds and wetlands and regulatory enforcement of PA Chapter 102 and 105 Acts which protect soil and water.
The Assistant Director, is a dynamic position responsible for assisting the Executive Director with operations, staff management and development activities. This position will play an integral role in the successful development and implementation of the upcoming strategic planning process.
This position requires strong and effective management practices, organizational and talent development, as well as communication, team building, accountability and problem-solving. The role is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated, collaborative, results-driven and creative leader. The Assistant Director must assist with promotion of a strong organizational culture.
- Fosters an innovative organizational culture of mission based collaboration and action led by clear and effective decision making.
- Acts as internal point person for staff needs including day to day operations, and leading staff working groups through meetings, goal setting and accountability check ins.
- Establishes, collaborates, and implements initiatives with direct reports to achieve departmental goals and address organizational concerns through effective delegation.
- Maintain organized and detailed program documentation of program history and development, best practices and lessons learned, minutes with action items and after-action reviews.
- Assists with the development and implementation of the strategic plan.
- Works in close coordination with existing programmatic and financial leadership staff to create organizational SOP’s and ensure programs are reactive to community needs while being mission centric and fiscally sound.
- Assists with grant and development strategies.
- Establishes metrics and data gathering strategies to appropriately measure impact, and use for developing outreach and development material.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years of leadership or management experience responsible for a staff of five or more employees.
- Preferred degree or sector experience: government, academia, non-profit, organizational development, management, community and economic development, engineering, project management certification.
- Proven track record of systems level and strategic thinking, working well under pressure, and managing details of several concurrent projects with a keen results-focused orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to activate multi-sector coalitions and create networks.
- Demonstrates proactive problem solving, leadership, conflict management and team building skills to ensure a productive work environment and achievement of goals.
- Excellent oral, written, detail-orientation, and time management.
- Able to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- Embodies good project management, problem-solving, and decisiveness.
- MS Office and Google-Suite proficiency.
- Proven ability to work with diverse audiences as well as working knowledge of community needs and initiatives.
Allegheny County Conservation District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief. Allegheny County Conservation District encourages and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Salary Range: $60,000-65,000 annual salary, plus benefits including: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid vacation, sick and personal leave, 13 paid holiday days, retirement with employer contribution, and flexible schedule.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com