Pittsburgh Urban Christian School (PUCS)
Website Pittsburgh Urban Christian School (PUCS)
Support Pittsburgh Urban Christian School (PUCS) in working directly with students, their families and PUCS staff. The ability to show compassion, and be patient when working with families and children is important. Also the ability to be organized and manage administrative duties is imperative.
A successful candidate will have strong communication skills, both verbal and written. The Assistant Education Director should be able to work effectively with elementary and middle school students; be able to intervene when students are struggling and help them find healthy ways to succeed in school. They must be able to collaborate with teachers to identify students who are struggling emotionally, socially or academically and identify the root cause of their issues.
The following list represents the Assistant Education Director’s job duties:
- Meet with students referred for specific issues to work out reconciliation and decide consequences – Contact parents, debrief with referring teacher and follow-up with students.
- Place hiring advertisements; organize hiring committee
- Manage state orders
- Oversee School Calendar
- Set up interviews.
- Onboard new teachers.
- Manage substitute teachers and tutors.
- Recess oversight.
- Find and recruit Chapel speakers, suggest Chapel topics
- Manage leave request.
- Manage Terra Nova and Keystone Algebra Testing – hire proctor, order test, interface with AIU and manage test security.
The mission of Pittsburgh Urban Christian School is to equip students academically, emotionally, and spiritually, in order to thrive. We are committed to education from a broad Christian perspective with a curriculum characterized by integrated thematic units, close student-teacher interaction, and substantive parental involvement. We are committed to facilitating each student’s personal, social, academic and physical growth. We seek to foster a unified community of parents, educators, and churches who will support and participate in this vision for urban Christian education.
Required Legal Documents:
- Federal Criminal History Record
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check (Act 34)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 33/151)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send the following to email@example.com:
- Letter of interest
- Three references
- Personal Statement of Christian Faith / Experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org